What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stop sending weed from out west to NY

• Thread starter Buddhafamily456
  • Start date
B

Buddhafamily456

Honestly all I’m seeing over here is garbage coming in from out west for nothing getting passed around all over the place. Most people out here don’t know shit about weed so they think the fact it doesn’t have seeds and it’s from Cali/Oregon they got fire. Which leaves the majority of growers out here losing business. And gorilla growers going thru all they have to and then their harvest prices getting cut in almost half every single year.

Idk the whole scene I feel like has just become a mess in my, and many others opinion out here... I guess I just kinda made this post out of frustration to talk about what’s going on. That being said headies will always be headies... or as we used to call it “dro or exos”

B

Buddhafamily456

Who still sends weed coast to coast? It's 2018 bro. All the good shit in your area is coming in from Canada. Even some sneaking in from Mass.

I’m not talking about the good shit. Lol I’m talking about all the Out West dirt being tossed around out here

green404

Which leaves the majority of growers out here losing business. And gorilla growers going thru all they have to and then their harvest prices getting cut in almost half every single year.

Large scale growers are trying to grow for less the $1. a gram. Here in Colorado many people say that if you cannot grow a lb for less then $300. you will not make it.

The days of "gorilla" grow are coming to an end. It's now legal in many places so inflated prices are disappearing. Good Riddance.

Cobshop

Omg it’s taking over RI as well. This outdoor pgr weed loaded with pesticides. Everyone thinks it’s easy

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cali got screwed by prop 64 so cannabis farmers had to make one last stand & grow for the gold. 2018 will probably be the last huge crops coming out of there as the new laws takes effect. BUT... there will be others, closer to the East coast, that will take their place as this legalization scam unfolds across the states.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Honestly all I’m seeing over here is garbage coming in from out west for nothing getting passed around all over the place. Most people out here don’t know shit about weed so they think the fact it doesn’t have seeds and it’s from Cali/Oregon they got fire. Which leaves the majority of growers out here losing business. And gorilla growers going thru all they have to and then their harvest prices getting cut in almost half every single year.

Idk the whole scene I feel like has just become a mess in my, and many others opinion out here... I guess I just kinda made this post out of frustration to talk about what’s going on. That being said headies will always be headies... or as we used to call it “dro or exos”

A true hustler will never fall off. You'll be ok. Just hang in there and stay competitive as a grower. Start offering discounted prices or throw a few extra zips in on the pack. Example: You give someone 18 zips instead of 16, so that guy will have extra loot on the back end. Growers have that option to do that if they're not just closet growers. Just be clever..

OP

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If you can grow better stuff than what's around, and have a few people that appreciate good smoke, you can get what you want for it. Client base has a lot to do with it. People who are after quantity or quality will take the cheaper option of more smoke 9 out of 10 times. But the real "connoisseurs" will pay for quality. Building up a client base doesn't happen overnight, but it does.

I say all this, because I am in the land of beasters. It comes across the river by the ton , not too far from where I live. You can get lbs. for 18-2000, depending on who you know, and 1500 per getting 10 or more at a time. I know all about a market being flooded with cheap garbage.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
If there mailing garbage why do you care??? Can't you get something better than the west coast garbage as you called it?? I still can't see how these enormous amounts of weed is being mailed from WC to EC. That's all I'm saying.....it couldn't be that hard to figure out. Are we talking a small town of 1000 or so people in NY that this is a problem?? Because that's the only way I see any problem is a super small town. And small dealers pushing 1/2 oz or 1 ounce at a time. Just seems like piddly shit

N

naturalbornkilr

its Norcal/Oregon weed coming via 18 wheeler truck...

Mail is small time and isnt doing the type of damage these Trucks do

The mail isn't small time, theres organized crime sending more pounds per day for cheaper with less risk than any 18 wheeler operation. Combine that with the sheer number of folks sending just 10 per week and it adds up and is distributed faster than large loads.

Nobody out west is sending anything, its your people from new york philly etc that come out here and buy it then they send it back, stop blaming the west when its actually your people that WANT to buy the shittiest cheapest weed possible because A) they're still doubling or tripling their money B) if they loose a load it is less of a financial hit than if they bought the same number of units of high grade

The mail isn't small time, theres organized crime sending more pounds per day for cheaper with less risk than any 18 wheeler operation. Combine that with the sheer number of folks sending just 10 per week and it adds up and is distributed faster than large loads.

Nobody out west is sending anything, its your people from new york philly etc that come out here and buy it then they send it back, stop blaming the west when its actually your people that WANT to buy the shittiest cheapest weed possible because A) they're still doubling or tripling their money B) if they loose a load it is less of a financial hit than if they bought the same number of units of high grade

This is true. They fly in, buy the cheapest shit they can get, pack-n-ship, and fly back to receive it. The price difference here between great looking and great smelling hand trimmed or early harvested smoke damaged bud is generally less than $500. Not much difference between $500 and $1000 if you are getting $200+ an oz. there is good stuff available, they are just too cheap. You should see what is bought and sold instate, but the dealers don’t get 6x their investment. It’s not our fault, it’s the customers fault for buying it. Take a stand and demand better. I could grow a lot more if quality didn’t matter and I could harvest in September and throw it in a machine trimmer but I keep it in state.

N

naturalbornkilr

At the end out outdoor season you'll be able to cross right over the MA border and pick up fresh local outdoor lbs.

They aren't gonna be any better, y'all don't have the weather, or the volume to satisfy the demand. Even if they are good, the good stuff can't compete with the price of mids, thats why mids are taking over because when someone does say oh thats not what I'm looking for and then the guys drop the price 500 bucks a pack on you it gets gone. Massive over supply=cheap as fuck=indoors don't have a chance

theJointedOne

Veteran
Cali got screwed by prop 64 so cannabis farmers had to make one last stand & grow for the gold. 2018 will probably be the last huge crops coming out of there as the new laws takes effect. BUT... there will be others, closer to the East coast, that will take their place as this legalization scam unfolds across the states.

Most growers are black market or a mix or black market and legal ops, and most everyone that grows more that 100lbs still ships out of state. This is not going to change next year. People still will need to eat, pay bills, ect.

If the price goes down to 500 a pound wholesale next fall (2019) , the people that have the infrastructure and land will keep growing, bc croppin a few hundred pounds and making 100K a year profit still aint bad living. If they up enforcement significantly to protect tax dollar producing legal farms, the wholesale price will go up and no one will mind that one bit.

Im not in denial though, in the next few years the market in this country will continue to change dramatically, and the bulk cannabis market will be tougher and tougher to compete in, let alone make a living, at least a nice tax free one. Gotta adapt, i ching, red light make a right kind of shit..

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I found having a better product still makes it well worth the while

and for what it is worth I see indoors from out west and north east coast as well as get some work out to legal states with dispensaries because the differential is appreciable enough to keep people engaged

Storm Shadow

Veteran
maximum size 20x20 box 25 packs in there... 18 wheeler 500 lbs and Up.. Mail is pocket change compared to Big Rigs and Moving Trucks.....

Mail coming out of Norcal for a minute was getting stolen by FedEx/UPS employees... they'd open your box,,,take out the products and tape it back it up send it out empty...

Mail is small time

Medfinder

Chemon 91
All the shipments of weed out west being mailed over to the east is dropping prices and ruining the scene in NY. It’s not as easy for people out here to cultivate and to be going thru all the rigors to do it just to see the prices plummet because of peoples shipments is crippling

There state of California study showed of Tax paying cultivators there was 8 times the amount of consumable prop 64 cannabis per person that was tracked.

how they figured this or claim to these conclusions is there own device.

THIS IS FROM LAST YEAR...LET ALONE ALL THE MEDICAL AND PRIVATE GROWERS..
http://www.businessinsider.com/pot-supply-glut-california-2017-7

was over at a well know hydro store in south orange county... at 1 pm he had just 2 customers they spent under 50 bucks each.

COMERCIAL GROWS and amazon.

B

Buddhafamily456

That’s the complete truth. Either way whatever way it’s coming in the fact of the matter is the weed coming in from out west is destroying the market out here. How about a guerilla grower who has been supporting a family out here in one of the most expensive places to live and supplementing his income with his grows. How can he compete when he’s struggling and worrying about his crop being discovered, or ruined and for the past 10 years been dependent on that income just to have some legalization happen on the other side of the country and all the sudden the price he’s used to getting for a pound gets cut in half. I’m not speaking for the people in the projects not caring about the bud they’re getting, just the fact they can get a pound for 1600 and sell $25 1/8ths and still double up. I’m speaking for the growers out here and how all this bullshit Cali boof is hurting them.
If people out in Cali don’t stop cutting each others throats and don’t form some sort of solidarity out there demanding the right price for the right product then big business and corporations are gonna destroy everything and carry that over to the rest of the country.
Just as an example look at the reason labor unions are around. If they could they’d pay you nothing and just profit. Everyone out there needs to organize before it’s too late. And have a strong memory of where their roots lay, not to go lay down and play by the rules of the same people that have hurt them for so long

This is true. They fly in, buy the cheapest shit they can get, pack-n-ship, and fly back to receive it. The price difference here between great looking and great smelling hand trimmed or early harvested smoke damaged bud is generally less than $500. Not much difference between $500 and $1000 if you are getting $200+ an oz. there is good stuff available, they are just too cheap. You should see what is bought and sold instate, but the dealers don’t get 6x their investment. It’s not our fault, it’s the customers fault for buying it. Take a stand and demand better. I could grow a lot more if quality didn’t matter and I could harvest in September and throw it in a machine trimmer but I keep it in state.