What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Greenjeans does the Seed Thang

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Ok, so some G99 seeds are going to OGbub's charity auction asap and G13 bx f3's (JLP labeled them as G13 bx f2's so these are f3's then imo) will go to MrDank charity auction, only 40 seeds total, auction held at Doc's site since no-one has told me anything else...people that are testing G99 tell it's a terrible stinker...:woohoo: Something good cooking...

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Budfather! :wave:
H'zit man? Thx much my friend. Gonna try to get ya teary a little early:D That's some story man! 6' SH - man, what an image - got some more time in her heh heh :pointlaug . Least you got some herb and some kickin clones:yes: And no worries posting over here - you're welcome to post what you want to!

Hiya Major! :wave:
Thx my friend. More coming along in a sec... :woohoo:

Hiya Ug! :wave:
Man, thx for the warning!!! Better make sure I have a fresh cannister for the Vaportek ready *before* I put them to flower...

Hiya Garlic! :wave:
Garlic - haven't you learned not to stick your tongue into strange tubes? ...:laughing: No worries mate - just started a burning man outside with a big pile of trim - just step outside and take some deep breaths - you'll be coughin fer sure! :yoinks:

Hiya FJ! :wave:
Man - you must surely have megaloads in the karma bank, :respect: for your support of the charity auctions. Terrible stinker - :yummy: gonna be fun!

Well, was saving tonights pictures for a little later, but this point in the grow is the slowest for me, so here goes. Since the youngins won't be ready for another 8-12 weeks, I've been getting a few plants ready for flowering while these are vegging. They're not ready yet - all are between 11-12" height and would like them around 20" for flower, and will be active in this thread when they go to flower. So here's a peek into the near future...

Lifesaver

I still have 2 of this indica pheno left, next Lifesaver grow will start from the seeds that are left.

Trainwreck Mom

Started looking for another TW cut, can usually get this one from one of the SF clubs.

SensiStar

Cuttings that are now starting to take off, fimmed the tops on both last night.

So hopefully in a few weeks these will go into the cabinet, and I'll log the flowering here while the little ones come of age.

I'll post a seedling update this weekend. Have a great night folks!
:wave:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
nice set of moms. I have 4females at the moment. The Female Seed company is a nice resource! So far 3 for 4 females one still hasnt shown sex. Glad you have some plants ready to flower As I am on that same track waiting for the littleones to grow larger and waiting for the clones to get large enough to flower. :wave:

heres my clone from the LowerLake Club!

BabyHughie

MGJ why you gotta post up jailbait like that! :biglaugh: LOL JK :D Nice work MGJ those lifesavers are lookin lush man. Everythings looking nice and healthy but those lifesavers are really purrin at me :D

G

:yoinks: WOW!!!! MGJ nice lineup!!!! You are gonna love the sensi star. :woohoo: I still have a little from last year and it's greta smoke. :woohoo:

I know what you mean about sticking my tongue into strange dark holes. :yoinks: but I didn't try to put my tongue in the hole those young bastards had such a suction going that it pulled my tongue out of my mouth :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: Damn kids!!!!!! :moon: :moon: J/k

Looks great my friend. Now let's get those plants into flower!!!! I'm tired of waiting!!!! :hotbounce

GCG

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya GPB! :wave:
Thanks my friend! I've been very impressed by the threads I've seen on Female Seeds strains - sure is a great resource! That LowerLake Club clone looks fully recovered from her trip!:yes:

Hiya Hughie! :wave:
Ahhh mate - gotta love the young ladies eh? Specially when you're a geezer like me :pointlaug. Thanks my friend, and another vote for the lifesavers. Have to admit after the vacation she's a lot more potent than I thought, happy to be growing them out.

Hiya -VT-! :wave:
Thanks my friend! Lifesaver lifecycle for your viewing pleasure! Looking forward to your Superfruit2 grow - the Capt mixes good genes!

Hiya Garlic! :wave:
Thanks my friend - one of the reasons I'm growing the Sensi Star clones is Farmer John and you - both gave it rave reviews. Bulking up my indica stash :yummy: . Hmm - are you saying kids suck J/K :pointlaug Ok, got a used construction compressed air machine - added a 20 gal aluminum trash can as the vape chamber and hooked a string to one of those self igniting propane torches. Hook up your mask, pull on this string, and lets see if we can fill ya up!

Ya had to mention flower - well it's gonna be a little bit yet, would like to get some height on them so they yield ok. Especially this lifesaver pheno, it hardly stretches at all. But you must've read my mind, 'cause as you will see the cabinet is now ready...

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Weekend update:

Been pacing myself the last week so I'd have the oompa to touch up the cab. Sprayed it down with 1/10 bleach, cleaned the light, sweep and a vacuum, then touched up the paint job. Also wanted to increase the intake, went from 20x6.5" to 20X8" - an extra 30 sq inches. Most of the piece I cut out is sitting on the bottom for show...

Since I've shown the moms I'm putting to flower, here's the moms remaining, bonsai style. AM99-1, AM99-3, and a Cindy99.

Took the seedlings out for a little photo session.

Powerskunk day 11 veg

Looking good, pictures 2 and 3 have the same smaller plant on the left, the plant in picture 3 on the right seems to have the node tightness of the smaller ones but nearly the size of the larger ones. It'll be interesting to see how they grow over the next couple weeks.

Sourbubble BX1 day 11 veg

Golden Pineapple day 11 veg

Runty is obviously on the left - she looks a lot shorter since I filled in the top half of the pot with soil. Both coming along nicely.

G99 day 7, G99 day 11 x 2

Looking nice and vigorous, the younger ones are catching up fast. In a few weeks the difference of a few days will be hard to tell. Looks like it's time to number all the plants so I can track what is what as they grow.

Have a great weekend folks! Think I'll sit down and take some pulls off the vape :bongsmi: :wave:

BabyHughie

Man theyre growing quick! Looks like you got the seed thang down to a science MGJ. :D

PS

Well I realised recently that I'm getting older
and I think that when I knew this was that teenage girls
don't acknowledge me as a sexual being
Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that I wanna
have sex with teenage girls but throw me a bone ya know
How about a smile ya know what I mean? nothing
Nothing unless it's to turn to their friends and go
Why is that weird guy looking at us?
What is he doing at the mall?
We can get to the food court the guards there run you guys........
I lied, I lied, I lied, of of course I wanna have sex with
teenage girls, doesn't everyone,
I mean that's why there's a law
If no one wanted to do it
THERE WOULDN'T BE A LAW!

:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Yeah, they're zippin along. Funny, without stopping to take pics I don't notice the growth as much...

Hmmm - the song source of your quote rhymes with stocker? "THERE WOULDN"T BE A LAW" :biglaugh::laughing: So true!

Bit the bullit today - bought a Lumatek 600W digital ballast with an Osram Plantastar bulb. Flipped it on and moved the larger ladies into the cab for extra vegging lumens. Moved the seedlings back under the MH.

The Budfather

Hey mgj im back on to the forums :wave: :wave: :woohoo: !! wll at least im not lurking any way,every thing is looking as it should cant wait to see those babys in bloom, keep up the awesome work. So are you running 1000 watts now with the addition of the 600?
welll see ya and drop by the new thread would ya!! :joint: :joint:

Heavy Chevy

Looking well as always MGJ. Your well on your way to a nice variety of strains, I envy you for the killer smoke you must have :yummy: Keep the show going, keep it green, and stay safe.

Chevy

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Budfather! :wave:
Always welcome man, lurking or not. Thanks for the props. No, not adding a light, switching out a ballast. Out here the electrical is pricey, I'm hoping to save maybe 10% on the power by going digital. The SunSystem 600 ballast is now a backup for when the Lumatech needs repair - but who knows, if electric rates come down or I hit the lotto maybe I'll get daring and put up both lights!

Thanks for the tip on your new thread - :yes:

Hiya Heavy Chevy! :wave:
Thanks my friend, show is always here, feel free to pop in anytime and hit on the vapevac and get some edibles.

BTW your scrog screen sure filled in nicely!:yes:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
MGJ :wave: hey potna,

mind me askin about your golden pineapple up there. you have a runt and a tall one, i have a couple seedlings that have stretched like the tall one you have. im in small cups and will be transplantin tonite and wondered if i can bury some of that stem and how much would be safe? mine are about 3.5" from soil to cotylodons(sp). should i not worry about the three inches or what. thanks man, great thread!

btw what size lamp are your lil girls under there? you have some nice vegetation goin on :D

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Heya Dopest my friend! :wave:
I'm always burying stems :pointlaug No problem with it man, I do the same thing - in fact most of the taller seedlings have already been reburied deeper, just leave at least a nubbin of room before the first set of leaves... You could go either way on burying them at 3.5".

Until today the moms were under a 250W MH, now under the 600 HPS in the cabinet. Seedlings have spent half their time under 2 80w shoplights, half their time under a 250 MH.

Thanks my friend! Comments always welcome! :wave:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
thanks for the ultra fast response MGJ, im on it now! last couple grows i ran hydro and the last time i grew soil was my first few times so im kinda iffy about some things. i can see now i need a mh for veg.
thanks again bro!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello MrGJ just thought I would drop in and say hello. Looks like you got the farm rolling right along. I figure it wont be all that long till you got both those ballast runnnig . Great to see ya :) Glad your going strong over this way!! Keep on smokin !! Good Growin!!

BabyHughie

LOL I know it right :D

Not sure what the original is that the quote came from the song I got it from samples the original and is actually titled 'stalker' :D

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
You are a busy busy man MGJ

The relaxing effects of a good vacation don't seem to last very long after you get back....but, at least you get to keep the memories :smile:

I can already see your temptation in setting up both ballasts :chin: The thoughts of a possible second cabinet running through your mind :chin:

You know you get the big :yes: from me for going more energy efficient.
You know how much of a stickler I am for power conservation :angrymod:

Bonsai mommas are supercool looking (I'm taking notes) and the babies just grow up so fast

I knew I wouldn't hafta wait too long on ya before you got something back in flower :lurk:

:wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Dopest! :wave:
Glad to help however I can my friend. No worries mate - I'll need advice when I do my first hydro gro. :yoinks: Yes - flourescents do a good job, but a 250 or stronger MH does make a difference if ya can swing it.

Hiya Babba! :wave:
Hey man, thanks for stopping in and saying hi. Howz the lovely Mrs B? Thanks very much for the comments, means a lot! Heh heh - both ballasts - heh heh - only if I can hide the softball bat from my wife when the PGE bill comes in :pointlaug :laughing:. Stay safe, be happy, and I know you'll have a super harvest this fall - your place looks like the land of MegaCola! :wave:

I think that song was by ?7L & Esoteric? Check this out...

Hiya TML! :wave:
Yes, this is always a busy time of year. Start of the school year with all it's new stuff to do and arrange, fall is when much of my business ramps up on good years ( when companies need to drain their budget by Dec or lose the money ), my wife's business life is busier this time of year too. So ur right, it's a very good thing we take time off in August - it's like the big breath ya take before stepping on the 440 yard running track:biglaugh:

We'll have to see how long I can resist putting up another light - :confused: My energy conservation is purely selfish - our electric bill is like ... well let's just say it gives my wife many Excedrin moments if ya know what i mean...

Glad you like the moms, guess with my history it's pretty easy to keep plants small. These plants were in the same pot now for 6 months. Off on the periphery of the light boundaries, lightly fed only when they start yellowing, they stay pretty small in 6" pots. A month before I need some cuts I pull it, trim .5" off the sides and bottom of the rootball, fresh soil all around and into the same pot with 1/2 strenght fert feeding, under the MH light for a few weeks, and cut-cut-cut. Doesn't take much space this way - and in fact could probably do the same thing in 4" pots if strapped for space.

Thanks for the comments my friend! Yeah, the babies are growing fast. I transplanted about half of them yesterday into 6" pots as 2 plants were starting to show def on their first set of true leaves. Gonna transplant the rest today, will snap some pics to put up tonight or tomorrow.

Until later! :wave: