What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Argo's front and back office

argo430

Veteran
Hello long time member been here for ever lost an account before i started this one but anyways i guess i have been lurking all these years. I have been closet growing most of my adult life. My first experiences were guerrilla growing as a teen. (is there any other way when you still live with your parents) My success was varied but mainly everything sucked. As I grew and so did the hobby, better books came out so things started improving. Like understanding light period and the differences between sativa and Indica became known. Exciting times. I had recently moved to the PNW where I met a guy who had some amazing smoke. I would pester him every time i saw him and was always giving him money as he was my only contact with the herb. He was slow but the weed was so amazing. After awhile of this chase game i grew tired of waiting for my weed when the proverbial black light went off over my head. Dude it takes you so long to get my weed I could have grew my own! From that point it was on.

The next day me and Grandma JO (mother in law) were in the car driving down to the grow shop to buy me a light It was a sun systems 2 unit with the timer mounted right to the ballast. and i had done my reading I wanted a 430 not a 400 for the extra blue. I look back fondly, such big plans with such a light I"ll have garbage bags full of weed. That is what i was thinking. I had just built a workshop in my backyard and had finished installing the wiring 208/60 A Plenty to run some tools. The first thing in there was a 430 W light and two office fans. I thought i was the shit. Argo430 was my handle ( didn't get that right from the start should have been agro but i kept it) a light and two fans was my signature. I believe it was Overgrow then if my memory serves me right. I realized quickly that no matter how many times i had read Ed or George i didn't know shit. Here was this amazing place with information new methods the exchange of ideas a community. I was instantly hooked.

I built a proper two stage closet learned about fans and humidity and keeping the flower chamber fed. I learned about mites and smells and neighbors, I made friends. I started my search for the "best" (i am still looking). I learned about the trials of ordering seeds in the mail trading clones with friends. I have been after it ever since. The last few years i had been a holder on to boards that kept changing owners and names I felt alone. A guy i knew threw me a couple of crumbs and i found some lost faces. Then another old friend threw me the life line to here. I am grateful to be here.

About me I am a true lover of a good doobie . I'm not really into all the oil and wax and shatter and live resin It is too freakin much for this dinosaur but i love a good bubble hash or just dry skim off my rolling tray.

My Grow is always changing as this is my hobby and not my business. I tend to make things hard on myself by unnecessarily changing stuff constantly. I have grown in soil and in hydro and in coco and in slabs cube loose fill on rafts vertically etc etc. Because of this my tag line is terminal intermediate my avatar is a little green tractor meaning I love to farm.

My set up now is a 2x7x8h closet in my basement. I have three 2x2 trays and some catch basins under a plywood sloped table. I have recently upgraded my lighting from a 600W with magnetic ballast on a light mover that had about 17 years on it, to a couple of 315 LEC's one remote ballast and one self enclosed ballast. I am finishing off my first round with the lights and am pleased so far. The two points of light seem to be just as effective as the mover so i am happy.

I als just set up a new space in an enclosed back patio i refer to the fridge in winter and the sauna in summer so why not try to grow there so after cutting up a hot tub and hauling some stuff away the back office was born and just tonight i set up a new area a 2.5x4' tray filled with some 6" hugos and some new seedlings.

so hello.

Last edited:

argo430

Veteran
So my recent starts are a NYCDxC99 from weed seeds crossed with a C99xNL this is the f1 between the two we wait.

in the closet from l to right
Durban poison f3 from hemcy seeds

honey boo boo from The green solution
another honey boo boo and a lavender x lambs bread

In the tent I have some Northern Lights from a open pollination between a bunch of different kinds of NL grown 1/12 from seed,

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

argo430

Veteran
More pics. I took some of the durban poison lower branches as the PM was starting to show so as a result everything was sprayed with silica solution.
Peace.

Attachments

• pvt37.jpg
    pvt37.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 16
  • HBB2.jpg
    HBB2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

argo430

Veteran
Fire safety

Fire safety

My buddies grow went up last night luckily he was at home and the smoke alarms did their job. It was a cheap circ fan plugged in to a cheap powerstrip. he said it was all melted together so he could not tell what the cause was.

check you smoke alarm batteries invest in some extinguishers. maybe a nest smoke alarm/camera so if your phone is around you know what is going on at all times.

I also am thinking about getting a flame defender or elide fire ball for the tent and flower closet. and veg trays small price for a piece of mind.

Attachments

• fd.jpg
    fd.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 14
  • elidefb.jpg
    elidefb.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 17
  • NLRD37 fave pheno.jpg
    NLRD37 fave pheno.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 17

argo430

Veteran
Well i had some PM creep up on the durban poison so I removed the lowers then sprayed down the grow spaces plus the whole basement and surrounding areas floors wall ceilings etc.

Things on track except the PM but i have been battling that for a couple of months now and with the perpetual set up it's keeping me from a full on tear-down and cleanse so we trudge on.

In the 5x5 the tent with a 3x3 tray is a run 12/12 from seed on some open pollinated Northern lights so far I am surprised by how well they are doing.

the closet is almost down to one plant a tray with the durban finishing up.

On the new starts I lost three seedlings due to heat from a t5 ballast and lack of care on my part however I am back on point.

Peace

Attachments

• HBB2.jpg
    HBB2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 15
  • tent 37.jpg
    tent 37.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 16
  • NLRD37 fave pheno.jpg
    NLRD37 fave pheno.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 20
  • hbbone.jpg
    hbbone.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 19
  • durb lowers down.jpg
    durb lowers down.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

argo430

Veteran
Just got done with some mental gymnastics. A j-101 break-out box for a Boeing 767 Mode Control Panel. So some SW guy and Some HW guy from two companies can argue about who's shit is broke... Designing and building a box that will wind up in the corner collecting dust. That's over 160 connections right there. This one was a struggle. The first connector a couple of retainer clips went bad due to assembler fatigue at pin 40 something then having to re order a 300 dollar part oops...Then getting the connector back in and re crimped (55 wires) .Then after getting that done it was looking like a hot mess. I could not let it slide so i re designed it. Thinking i was almost done then. Ha ha silly me... During test come to find out I had fried a number of led's from soldering iron temperature being too hot. So I am finally getting it tested for the last time.. Good bye blivid, Welcome to the corner in a few weeks...

Some pics at lights out.

#3 Durban Poison from hemcy seeds F-3 main cola.

#4 Honey boo boo 1.

#5 Lavender x Lambsbread "Shortie"

#6 Tent doing it's thing with the 12/12 from seed.Northern Lights Re-Deux an open pollination of several NL Parents.

C-ya be good to yourselves.

Attachments

• rps20150630 190016
    rps20150630 190016
    32.9 KB · Views: 32
  • a few wires.jpg
    a few wires.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 14
  • dp38.jpg
    dp38.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 13
  • honeybooboo38.jpg
    honeybooboo38.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 14
  • nlrd1212faveph37.jpg
    nlrd1212faveph37.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 15
  • nld.jpg
    nld.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 20
  • pvt38.jpg
    pvt38.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
  • tnt38lo.jpg
    tnt38lo.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 17
  • LLB.jpg
    LLB.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14

argo430

Veteran
Hello my fellow enthusiasts. I hope your all mellow and redye to carry out the days assignments.

All seems to be as on track as my schedule allows. The tent is getting close I might start flushing tomorrow.

I will bring down the durban this weekend. and shift the plants to one per 2x2 tray under the twin 315's. Due to the states changing laws i might just make the switch to single plants in 2x2 beds under individual 315's in the closet. i can never mentally stay put.

Attachments

• honeybooboo38.jpg
    honeybooboo38.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 15
  • durban coming down this weekend..jpg
    durban coming down this weekend..jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 14
  • I think there is some weed in there somewhere.jpg
    I think there is some weed in there somewhere.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 18
  • lside310.jpg
    lside310.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 16
  • hugos310.jpg
    hugos310.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 15

argo430

Veteran
Well the Northern light from seed came down in the tent. below average yeild but these were started 12/12 from two nodes so it actually seems pretty good even with the variation in plant phenos and sizes.

The tent was not empty for long as the next batch of seedlings were presented to the flowering tent 1/3 in 4" cubes and the rest in 6" hugos the hugo plants are bigger and have tighter nodes.

attachment.php

Peace.

Attachments

• honeybooboo322.jpg
    honeybooboo322.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 14
  • honeybooboo2322llb.jpg
    honeybooboo2322llb.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 13
  • tent322.jpg
    tent322.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 14
  • thee tray one box trim.jpg
    thee tray one box trim.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 17
  • fuck it coming down.jpg
    fuck it coming down.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 18
  • tray2322.jpg
    tray2322.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

argo430

Veteran
Things doing well over here.

Tent is running Island sweet skunk x (NYCD x c99)

Started some cherry puff crosses

Flower closet doing good.

Attachments

• hbb1328.jpg
    hbb1328.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • llbhbb2328.jpg
    llbhbb2328.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • tray2 328.jpg
    tray2 328.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 12
  • cp crosses.jpg
    cp crosses.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 18
  • tnt328.jpg
    tnt328.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 19

argo430

Veteran
Lets take a look and see what argo is up to...

Plants... The Island sweet skunk x (NYCDxC99) is all growing all over the place. I have pulled about 7 boys so far..

In the closet i have one tray with a honey boo boo that is throwing out a 2ndary round of white pistals. In tray one a Lavender x lambs bread from a re-veg that is performing like one... In tray two we have the under performing I.S.S. x (NYCD x C99) . The lights have been lowered in the closet.

In veg one i have some NL-Redux reveging and 3 new seedlings of some OG #18 x Cherry puff and 3 Grape Ox #2 x Cherry Puff

Honey boo boo #1 hit the trim bin

It was a long productive day. lets roll up some lavender lambs bread lowers and relax.

Peace...

Attachments

• tnt329.jpg
    tnt329.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 19
  • tray2329.jpg
    tray2329.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Lavender x Lambs Bread.jpg
    Lavender x Lambs Bread.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Honey boo boo two329.jpg
    Honey boo boo two329.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 15
  • veg1329.jpg
    veg1329.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Honey boo boo one.jpg
    Honey boo boo one.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 18
  • LLB Jay.jpg
    LLB Jay.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18

argo430

Veteran
well i had a few min of down time.

well i had a few min of down time.

I want to put a pot out this summer.thinking thirty gallon smart pots. with some autos or some indicas. short season here.

Honey boo boo off to cure. Plant one in 2.5 gal cloth from re-veg gave up another 3.5 oz I gave a prime branch to my buddy for helping trim.

rolling a 50/50 doob nl/hash honey boo boo weed.

I had a few min so why not pop some diffusers???? Ten min ago i just popped the tops to 16 bulbs 8 9.5 w 5000K 's and 8 2700K to supplement the 3000 and 4500K already in there. I found just like the puck maker that a lil heat does a lot of work. i took the old heat gun and softened the glue ring and i could pop em off with a screw driver prying around the outside edge with two fine wide blade screwdrivers i was done with 4 boxes in ten min. While i was already after it i put three more cleat sockets on the front strip bringing it up to 90W so 300 total plus the 315CMH so 600W baby, Now in a pattern that goes 2700,3000,4500and 5000K repeating all the way around the ring This 3x3 is well covered by several angles. More photon induced wood.

ohhh pretty lights.
attachment.php

Attachments

• doobie 50_50 1 g hash 1 g herb.jpg
    doobie 50_50 1 g hash 1 g herb.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 15
  • hbb.jpg
    hbb.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 50 gal.jpg
    50 gal.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 16
  • multi color.jpg
    multi color.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10

argo430

Veteran
Uh Oh You know what they say about Idle hands and empty real estate under the 315's.

Lookie were going all coco and pepsi cup up in tray one. The plan 12/12 from seed no veg none in the cups the entire way.

I'm going to give the home depot pot line of coco and pearlite a whirl.

The lucky seeds selected for this torture test?

Everyone's favorite Monkey. I gotta give credit where credit is due. Thanks P.J. I am running the un authorized Grass Monkey x Grass Monkey cross that happened this summer.Probably from myself or the I cookies cross i brought inside. I'm guessing it was via cotton t-shirt. I hate to use them but the parent female was straight up fire and the father was a fast growing fat stalked prodigious pollen producer. I want to see what these crosses of PJ productions seed stock will do. I'm guessing it will be sticky and rewarding as long as the seeds don't hate the 12/12 treatment. I washed the coco with warm water until the water ran clean and then i ran about ten gallons of coco board/slab buffer solution thru the cups at a PH of 5.6 . I am going to put hairbands and sandwich bags on the cups as it's pretty breezy with all the new circulation fans i put in. We wait.

I cant believe how fast the plants grow. I took one more hugo boy. i hope were about done with that nonsense I'm still two plants up on the 50/50 sex split
Things are going good in veg we have new leaves sprouting from the NL redeux stalks i will cross these with the cherry puff pollen when it becomes available.

Attachments

• here we gocups.jpg
    here we gocups.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 11
  • cogro buffer.jpg
    cogro buffer.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 14
  • uh oh what do we have here.jpg
    uh oh what do we have here.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 17
  • lil ones power veging.jpg
    lil ones power veging.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 9
  • closet this AM.jpg
    closet this AM.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 16
  • tnt big 41.jpg
    tnt big 41.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
  • coco perlite.jpg
    coco perlite.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 13
  • hdpotsoil.jpg
    hdpotsoil.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 11

argo430

Veteran
seeds up, tent is crazy for only 3" of veg total 10 days max. Plants love top drip hugos. plants showing pistils at 4 weeks.

pepsi cup 12/12 challange in coco. plus a few that fell behind in the tent by the hugos.

NL reveg and some cherry puff crosses.

Attachments

• other sidea.jpg
    other sidea.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12
  • trimmin honey boo boo.jpg
    trimmin honey boo boo.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 12
  • lavender x Lambs bread jar.jpg
    lavender x Lambs bread jar.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 16
  • white finally.jpg
    white finally.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 13
  • plants in tent 1212 with 3 nodes now at 4 wks.jpg
    plants in tent 1212 with 3 nodes now at 4 wks.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 22
  • vggcab412.jpg
    vggcab412.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
  • closet empty one light burning.jpg
    closet empty one light burning.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 14

argo430

Veteran
What up?

Not much new almost killed the airpot seedlings. They are going on once a day fertigation till i up pot.

Tent Impresses while doing nothing special.

The closet under 50% lighting at the moment all seems ok.

Happy Easter.

Attachments

• shows the need for small er strips.jpg
    shows the need for small er strips.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 18
  • trayone416.jpg
    trayone416.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 13
  • gm2 1212 cocopepsicup.jpg
    gm2 1212 cocopepsicup.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
  • tent416.jpg