What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

.... Welcome to the thread CimeTempestose. Its nice to have you on board. ...

How old are your seedlings? I just looked at the thread you've been updating with them. It'll be fun seeing them grow up. What is this collective? Someone who preserved one of his line I suppose?

Hi Dave, my pleasure be here, my Afropips seeds are 2007 even if I purchased them in ferb 2015 from a friend of a friend..

here is the comment of the breeder and the link to Double Jam if U like :

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4593103&postcount=22

:tiphat:

Last edited:
B

Baron Greenback

Well, this looks most interesting. Kudos indeed for taking on a multitude of sativas, can't wait to see how it turns out.
It's always a pleasure to see people growing sativas, diversity in the gene pool is so important.
Good luck with this, will be tagging along :)

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I'll grab a seat. got a pack of those gn thai sticks in my vault.

I wish I had another pack in my freezer like you. I really need to pick up another pack someday soon, but the ones Ive got now will keep me plenty busy for months upon months. Maybe this thread will encourage you to start your own. It isn't easy, but the challenge is worth it.

And of course, welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Grabbin a seat too. Can't wait to see what you end up with after another couple months, DC. Best of luck to you.

HB.

I hope you brought something soft to sit on otherwise your ass is gonna be sore. You'll be sitting longer than a couple of months. Maybe in 6 months we will have something smoke-able to share and talk about.

Its nice to have you on board HB. I hope you enjoy the show.

Here for the Thais. Good luck!

Ill be sure to post up lots of beautiful Thai shots for you Gelado. Dont forget to check out my Thai Album. I hope you're not too indifferent to the DP though. They need lovin as well:biggrin:

Ty for the good luck. Hopefully skill alone will get us to the promise land, but Ill take any good luck I can get too.

Grabbing a seat for some old school Afropip

Alright, another afropip fan. My man. Thanks for joining in. I tried to pick up as many as his pure sativas before he went out of business, which I was mostly able to accomplish. Then I was dumb enough to grow them out and not make seeds. Swazi Red, Senegal Haze, Malawi Gold all had their day in my garden and I never made seeds. :wallbash: Im definitely maintaining the line this time.

Excited to see what you do with these. love me some anise stinkin durban, pullin up a seat as well.

Welcome Dank23. Its good to have another anise lover. Ive never gotten to smell it in any marijuana before. Its gonna be a real treat for the nose. Please enjoy the grow.

Hi Dave, my pleasure be here, my Afropips seeds are 2007 even if I purchased them in ferb 2015 from a friend of a friend..

here is the comment of the breeder and the link to Double Jam if U like :

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4593103&postcount=22

Thanks for the link. Ill check out that whole thread. Definitely intrigued by an old school Jamaican. Ill be following Afropips updates. Hope they turn out fire for you. I would recommend running them multiple times just to be sure before culling any females. Please dont make the same mistakes Ive made on hard to find lines. Oh and use your boys to make seeds for the future.

Well, this looks most interesting. Kudos indeed for taking on a multitude of sativas, can't wait to see how it turns out.
It's always a pleasure to see people growing sativas, diversity in the gene pool is so important.
Good luck with this, will be tagging along :)

Why thank you BGB. I do hope all of you will find this fun and interesting. Just wait till I get to the day of crossing these two lines and growing out some offspring. Now that's gonna be interesting! Lots of fun times ahead in this thread as long as your a patient person. Thanks for tagging along.

*Whew* I was gonna make a thread update, but replying to all you new folks has been a challenge. I may as well just retire for the night now. J/K. There will be an update of some sort tonight. Ive got to go tend to the kiddies for now.

Thanks for following everyone. :tiphat:

B

bringyalungs

massive genetics on deck... interesting the leaves look indi like.... all eyes on you boss...

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Leaf Morphology

Leaf Morphology

massive genetics on deck... interesting the leaves look indi like.... all eyes on you boss...

Its definitely interesting to see such fat leaves on these plants especially the DP, but the Thai's leaves will thin out alot over time. Who knows how the DP leaves will change over time, but I suspect they too will thin over time.

Ive got a picture of Thai Stick A in flower. Check out her thin leaves, with the center blade very long compared to the rest. This lady is a clone of my only Mother Thai, but Ive yet to properly finish her to my liking. Consider her our dry run for these seeds.

Day 46 Flower

picture.php

picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I enjoyed your thread about feed rates and seedlings.

Your plants are growing well!

subbed.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 19 Rootballs

Day 19 Rootballs

Its late and I dont have the time for a proper update, so Ill just put up a few teaser pics for now. For the low low price of staying tuned, you too can produce rootballs like these :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stonecutter

This thread is great for me. I have some GN Thai and some Afropips Nigerian in the freezer that I am procrastinating on. I hope to learn from you and then "monkey see; monkey do".

Best of luck

CoCoSativas

Once upon a time long ago, I purchased some Afropips Durban Poison and threw them in the freezer saying Ill get to them someday, and after much procrastinating, that day has finally came. Well for half of them. I planted 10 of 20 with the next batch to go into the media soon.

To go along with the Durban Poison, I planted my remaining GN Thai Stick seeds. I believe it was 8 seeds. Six of them have broken the surface so far. The other two rotted :( Better than the DP atm, which 4/10 have came up since being sowed on the 23rd of may. The remaining 6 are duds too. I hope my remaining ten perform better.

Im crazy for taking on so many pure sativas at once, but Ive a few tricks up my sleeves to tame them and make them manageable. I hope...

View Image

If you've never watched that show, you're missing out. Its the perfect show for a stoner, or anyone that just wants to laugh.

Im going to post up some pertinent info such as media, nutrients, lights, etc later on, but for now Ill give you guys and gals some nice pics of seedlings to look at for now.

Day 1 GN Thai Stick:

View Image

Time Warp ahead to Day 12

View Image

View Image

View Image

There are lots more Thai picks in my album as well. Ive hit my limit it seems on pics for this post. Durban Poison picks to come when I have more time. Im such a tease..

P.S. Thanks for clicking on the link.

Cool thread bro. I dig the aativas. I like pure sativas, stiva dom hybrids. Also have little use for indicas. Fucking dirty little thimgs...

Haha looks liken someones got a legit timewarp clone. Lucky dog... I wish i could lay my hands on one atm since i lost mine. Thats ok ill be able to get one soon, a certain bc breeder on here will likely be able to help me out

Dave Coulier

Veteran
This thread is great for me. I have some GN Thai and some Afropips Nigerian in the freezer that I am procrastinating on. I hope to learn from you and then "monkey see; monkey do".

Best of luck

Im glad you're enjoying it so far Stonecutter. There's much more to look forward to. Afropips Nigerian is one line I could never get my hands on before Afropips went out of business. You're a lucky guy. Definitely grow them out some time and make sure to preserve them.

Dont procrastinate too long on those seeds. Im really bad for that myself. Journals help keep you motivated. If you ever do a journal for your thai and Nigerian please post a link.

Its nice to know there are more posters out there with Afropips Genetics in their freezer. I would have never known about those of you holding onto Senegal Haze, Nigerian, MG, etc. Hope you all can start them someday soon.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
at 19 days all those roots.... insane....

I was surprised at how many roots there were too. It was a nice treat when I pulled the Thai out of the container. The largest DP has a root mass just like that one too.

Ive transplanted all the largest plants except the 3 smallest DP. They should see a nice surge in growth now that they'll have a bit more room to stretch their legs.

B

Bob Green

Sup Dave,

Great taste in genetics sir. I have an indica med selection going on, then after that I want to pop some Senegal Haze. I'll be checking in on your grow for sure!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Cool thread bro. I dig the Sativas. I like pure sativas, stiva dom hybrids. Also have little use for indicas. Fucking dirty little thiNgs...

Haha looks liken someones got a legit timewarp clone. Lucky dog... I wish i could lay my hands on one atm since i lost mine. Thats ok ill be able to get one soon, a certain bc breeder on here will likely be able to help me out

Welcome CocoSativas. I hope you enjoy your stay. There will be plenty of sativa pics in the future of this thread, with nary an indica in sight. :biggrin:

Are we talking Texada Timewarp? I had an interest in that one long ago from Next Generation Seeds, but I didn't ever go through with acquiring any seeds. Enjoy your timewarp if the breeder can help. Hope it is stellar!

Sativa Lover her too
Subscribed for searching for the holy grail

Thanks for joining my search CannaBossFarm. With everyones collective praying and wishing maybe I can come through with something here :biggrin:

Sup Dave,

Great taste in genetics sir. I have an indica med selection going on, then after that I want to pop some Senegal Haze. I'll be checking in on your grow for sure!

Welcome aboard Bob G. Nice to see you in here. Best of luck on finding your medication. Sometimes I wish I had a good indica for my aches and pains, but a good sativa can completely make me forget about my aches and pains all together as well. Sadly, they're not so good for sleeping.

Please do a grow report for the Senegal Haze. Ill warn you now, they are extremely vigorous just like the GN Thai. Get ready for training them. They also have the most amazing exotic perfume scent to the buds. Truly unlike anything else Ive ever smelled. You'll love it no doubt. Best of luck with them.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Media Mix Update

Media Mix Update

As I stated previously were using 85% Promix BX w/ Biofungicide, 15% Calcined DE, and 5gr/gallon of Osmocote 15-9-12 5-6 month release, and a spinkling of Rootshield Plus, but now Ive decided to start using some of the bio-char I bought.

I intended doing some side by side trials before using it, but screw it. Its going right into the mix. I only used half a cup of it in 6 gallons of media. It was kinda an afterthought. Normally I would use 3-5%. Its a good idea to precharge it with wsf or compost/ewc tea before use otherwise you could get Nitrogen draw-down. The presoaking and osmocote constantly replenishing the soil solution should make it a moot concern.

Ive got some pics of my media being prepared. Ill get pics of the plants in the new mix soon for you all. Strapped for time atm.

Consider this post, Step 1 of of growing amazing rootballs, that all your grower friends will be envious of.

Everything prepared to get soaked.

picture.php

Wetted down and mixed in.

picture.php

Osmocote added @ 5gr/gallon of media.

picture.php

Osmocote incorporated into media.

picture.php

Next up is watering. So simple, yet so difficult at the same time. More to come in the future.

B

Bob Green

Thanks for the info Dave. I will do by best to do them justice.

I do have one Thai x Carrot, and a Mango Haze hybrid going at the moment as far as the sativas are concerned. Looking forward to seeing what I will find for sure.

But the African project is soon after this round of sexing and selection. Hopefully I will have a nicer space to work with by early 2016. I don't want to be to hasty with the Senegal and will wait for the right space and opportunity. Eventually I want to cross Zamaldellica and the Senegal.

Did you find any stable males when you ran the Senegal Haze? The seeds I have are at F2, and I would like to bring them to am F3 generation. I only have ten to work with but its worth a shot.

I will pay attention to your Gypsie Thai for advice on training tips.

Latest posts

Latest posts