What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what could cause my BK under 600w to grow better then under 1000w?

smokeyla1

Will post pics when i get back in room but had 2 side by side in same room same nutes, hortilux bulbs but my Bk under 600 are fat buds like 2x and purpling than under 1000. All clones from same mother as well. Great strain BTW, tied potencywise for 1st with straw diesel kush though very different highs and nice earthy BK taste. Thanks VG!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey smokey, thats interesting. i think some of the broadleaf/indicas may do better with a bit less light, possibly it may be more the radiant heat that stresses them and makes them perform less well. they have a high surface area of leaf so that would indicate maybe that they are adapted to conditions with a lower intensity of light. although it may not be as simple as that. if you had the headroom you could probably raise that 1000 to give a bigger footprint and grow more bubbas under there. 50W per square foot would be fine i think.

VG

smokeyla1

Yea its crazy the difference, I tried to keep nuts levels the same, about 1.3 EC of floranova the added 1ml of both floralicious plus and rapidrooter. Same drip feed system in coco with 4.5" pots in same room side by side. I did a heavy defoliation about 2 weeks into flower in 1000 though. Some different strains as well like mostly critical mass under 1000 but avg only 6-7 grams per plant including 7 grams total from 3 bubbas Looks like might avg close to double that under 600.... Something just went wrong under the 1000.