What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BlueDigiBerry F2

EastCoastHaze

Veteran
BlueDigiBerry F2

-- Genotype: Blueberry Cut (DP fem) and Dank.Frank's Digiberry Bx1 male

-- Breeder: VerdantGreen

-- Lighting: T5 HO 2 FT 4 Blub / 1k MH / 1k HPS

-- Medium: Roots Organic 707 Aurora

-- Nutrients (Per 5 Gal Rez): Plain Water / PH 6.3

-- Germination Ratio: 0/12

-- Container: 16oz solo cup / 1 gal / 3 gal / 5 gal

NOTE: Planted them on 5-28-14.

picture.php

picture.php

E.C. Haze

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Tagging in to this thread, so I don't miss what you find. There have only been a few documented grows, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours.
-gil

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
Pulling up a chair.... :lurk:

I have been very interest in growing these.... Currently my funds are nonexistent.... That's the only reason I haven't grabbed a pk or 4..... :tiphat:

EastCoastHaze

Veteran
UPDATE 6-10-14

BlueDigiBerry F2

-- Genotype: Blueberry Cut (DP fem) and Dank.Frank's Digiberry Bx1 male

-- Breeder: VerdantGreen

-- Lighting: T5 HO 2 FT 4 Blub

-- Medium: Roots Organic 707 Aurora

-- Nutrients (Per 5 Gal Rez): Plain Water / PH 6.3

-- Germination Ratio: 12/12

-- Container: 16oz solo cup

BOcjRxo.jpg

NOTE: I think i remeber someone mentioning something about a trifoliate.
Zdv2O3k.jpg

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Keep an eye on the others. I had several turn quad or tri after the third or fourth node. Can't wait to see what yours turn out like.
-gil

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
afaik gil, a trifoliate is what most people cannabis people call 3 leaves/nodes around the stem rather than the usual 2... but actually (in real botany) it is a leaf with three leaflets.

whorled phyllotaxy is a more general term that refers to leaves appearing in a circlular pattern around the stem... so what the weed growers call trifoliate and quadrifoliate are both examples of whorled phyllotaxy.

weed growers often use slightly inaccurate terms but it doesnt really matter as long as it is understood what is meant.

e.g. we should really call a strain a 'cultivar' and not a strain... but everyone understands 'strain' so it may be better to still use strain

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I been learned! Thanks. I guess I could pick up book every every once in a while! I'll stick with tri and quad, as not to confuse the stoners.

ambertrich

Veteran
ECH, looks like you babies are off to a good start. Really interested in how they progress for ya. I'll be following along as I have just popped a few of these myself and can't wait to see what they do.

Got any update on em?

Good growing :ying:

EastCoastHaze

Veteran
@ Amber: Tomorrow is garden work so they will be getting transplanted into 1 gallon grow bags. Was supose to do my garden work today but had to get some life stuff handled for today. Heres a quick snap tho.

BlueDigiBerry F2 (3 rows of 4 left side)

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, unfortunately ECH has had a few logistical/life problems that resulted in him having to abandon this grow, the plants are no more afaik. Eastcoast is fine i think and there will be some more tests starting in the near future when he/we can sort it out.

best wishes and thanks to him, at least he showed the F2s have good germination rates!

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
That's a bummer. But they're just plants. Safety is much more important. There's always more seeds to crack.
My bdb were 12/12 also, for what it's worth.
Good luck ECH, and try again when you can. There are some nice specimens in these f2s.

-gil