What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Announcement on Wednesday in New York

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Just wanted to drop a quick line.
I just heard on Howard Stern that governor of New York will be making big announcement on Wednesday regarding marijuana state law.

You guys have any ideas?

Bake_McBride

Treetops

So from all I have read, most everyone would want marijuana to be legalized....How do we get that aspect rolling United States wide? Lets all be able to freely grow our own everywhere!!!!!

MIway

Veteran
ahh shiiit... ny goes, then tx, then fl... say hello to 1k bows... then comes national licenses to a handful of producers, commercially banging hundred dollar bows, redefining 'good enuf'. be careful for what we ask, just might get it.

(im all for not jailing people anymore, all for it. but that reality wont be as we envision, people growing their own dope & all... that will still be illegal, for our own safety, as defined by our big bro.)

on the flip side, bayer crop sciences, et al, will show double digit growth, quarter over quarter for the next several years. also in the news, in order to offset the the potential breaches in contract with prison corp of america, new legislation introduced making it a criminal offense to be poor, punishable by 5yrs in jail.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
ahh shiiit... ny goes, then tx, then fl... say hello to 1k bows... then comes national licenses to a handful of producers, commercially banging hundred dollar bows, redefining 'good enuf'. be careful for what we ask, just might get it.
Actually... I see that happening and I also see a whole lot of mediocre growers going out of business.

Don't fret... it's going to take a decade or two before the public is keen on what "Clean Cannabis" really is all about.

I just picked up a gram of "Super Lemon Haze" from HCH2 in Alma Colorado for $19.77/gram.:laughing: Strictly for 'review' purposes.

Headed to Colorado for Commercial Cannabis?
Don't bother with HCH2 in Alma. To their credit (vs. 2 years ago) I was able to finish the joint I rolled. I didn't want another and the one I did smoke didn't do much for me.

No lemon funk, no fine cannabis... just overfed and underfaded bud with low potency.

I'm doing my part to change all that... :tiphat: gonna take time though.

GO NY! :D :woohoo:

Keep it Clean!

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Growers out of business in Colorado? A bit early for that unless they didn't know what they were doing...

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Growers out of business in Colorado? A bit early for that unless they didn't know what they were doing...
There were two dispensaries in Alma. One with a lot of money (HCH2) and another one.

I remember having conversations about 'quality' with both shops over 2 years ago. HCH2 told me that if I didn't like it... I could shop somewhere else.

The shop that went out of business told me "You're the only one complaining."

Funny... I sampled some of their "Going out of Business Sale" bud and it wasn't much better than what I was complaining about two years earlier. Sucks because they would have saved a lot of money and made a lot more money... if they'd taken a few minutes to entertain a different viewpoint. Shops in Denver that sell fire have supply problems... not customer problems.

:tiphat:

Learn how to grow fire or you're going to be left out. Lots of folks are headed to be left out in Colorado. Not being mean, just stating facts.

Keep it Clean! :D

audiohi

Veteran
That announcement was such a disappointment. His PR people said more prior to today then he did. He couldn't have spent more then 20 seconds on that topic

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Way to go NY.....gotta keep the ball rolling!

Clean, $19.77/g? Is that just because only one gram? or Would a 1/4 go for about $140? Guess that covers the tax and all that as well?

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Way to go NY.....gotta keep the ball rolling!

Clean, $19.77/g? Is that just because only one gram? or Would a 1/4 go for about $140? Guess that covers the tax and all that as well?
Who really cares? The bud sucks and is totally not worth it, even at a discount. :tiphat:

However, Red card "medical" pricing is around 150/oz. Recreational is, I think, $300.

No idea what a 1/4 would be but I know there are dispensaries that don't give breaks on their gram prices when buying bulk.

Keep it Clean! :D

maryjanesdad

(im all for not jailing people anymore, all for it. but that reality wont be as we envision, people growing their own dope & all... that will still be illegal, for our own safety, as defined by our big bro.)

on the flip side, bayer crop sciences, et al, will show double digit growth, quarter over quarter for the next several years. also in the news, in order to offset the the potential breaches in contract with prison corp of america, new legislation introduced making it a criminal offense to be poor, punishable by 5yrs in jail.

tell me about it, i long for the days i was getting 5,000+ for my pillows....damn west coasters saturating the east coast markets jk, but not really, but jk :tiphat:

RoadRash

So from all I have read, most everyone would want marijuana to be legalized....How do we get that aspect rolling United States wide?

"Resigning-to-spend-more-time-with-his-family-ize" every state Governor that doesn't go for it, make sure their replacement does not support persecution of Cannabis med users or Cannabis recreational users or Cannabis growers. Or Cannabis trimmers ... Or Cannabis Bankers ... etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts