What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre98 Bubba S1 Phenos

Hello,

Just curious as to what folks are finding with the Bubba S1's? I only popped three seeds, all sprouted by the way, but have one plant that doesn't resemble Bubba to me. I will post a pic tomorrow to show what I am talking about. This plant has stretched at least 3x. The other two stretched 1.5x maybe 2x at the most. All three plants showed as female last week. The two short plants have the typical huge leaves that block out the inner growth and have tight inter-node spacing. The tall one does not express these traits at all.

I am not unhappy at all. I am very excited to see what becomes of the strange one.

The two short ones are different from each other too. One of them is just absolutely a perfect specimen of the strain in my opinion. Can't wait to smoke them.

Thanks VG for the seeds.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, interesting topic. i think the vast majority will come out withing a fairly narrow range.. like a hashplant with a good calyx to leaf ratio

but the nature of S1s means there should be the odd 'extreme' as well. i havent seen many but would be interested to see what you've got. i had one plant that looked fairly different when young but it was a weakling and didnt make it to harvest

VG

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Both of mine look fairly similar apart from one topping itself.

Intermodal distance is pretty big which is a Kush trait. They've not been flowering long enough yet to see how they fill out though.

Both look like interesting plants. Will see how they differ in the final smoke tests a month or two away.

EDIT: I will say that I've never grown Bubba Kush so I can't say how it compares to the original cut.

Thanks for the replies. Here is what I have cooking right now.

Left to right:
Bubba 1, my favorite. Looks like what I expect from the strain. Bubba 2, close to Bubba 1 but I think I let it get a bit root bound in the small pots while figuring out what I wanted to do with some clones I had in the room.
Bubba 3, the tall one. It started out more similar to the others but didn't stay that way long.
DinaFem Diesel, a freebie from the tude. It looks pretty cool to me.

Top view of the tall one.

I had a slight cal / mag and maybe a bit of K deficiency due to trying a new coco brand. These are 13 days into 12/12. Vegged the Bubba for about four weeks and the Diesel three weeks. 70/30 coco perlite mix and fed Hydro Research Veg+Bloom.

What do ya think? Sorry about the lighting. Everything is much less yellow in without the HPS's on.

I need to figure out the pic posting thing.

Ok I think I made progress with posting pics.

Here are a few more.

Bubba 1 Top:
picture.php

Bubba 2 Top:

picture.php

Bubba 3 Top:

picture.php

No ideas? Anyone out there?

It took a lot for me to post pics because I fear for my privacy.

Anyway the taller Bubba is much faster at forming bud sites than the others. I may update if there is a reason.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mate i cant see the pics!

have you got the gallery set to public? if its set on private then only people on your friends list can see them.

not sure if you need a certain amount of posts to do pics...

hopefully you can sort it out im interested to see

VG

DJXX

Veteran
SCISSORMETIMBER THEY ARE PERFECT...THAT LEAF IS UNMISTAKABLE ...I POPPED FIVE AND THEY WERE ALMOST IDENTICAL...IF YOU KNOW THE PRE 98 LOOK, THEY ARE SPOT ON....THOSE SEEDS ARE GEMS..I SNAGGED AN EXTRA PAK...THANKS AGAIN VG...DJ

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice scissor. the tall one looks a bit lime bigshrimp's tall pheno that he posted in the other S1 thread.
plants with more vigor may prove to be useful as the bubba cut is a little slow.... providing the smoke is up to standard.

drsmoke yours look good too!

drsmoke69

thanks green,

i got those BK cuttings a few years back and have been holding on to them since everyone tells me its the best smoke ever. growing them in coco with aroura synthetics nutrients.

Thanks guys.

I like all the pictures of the Bubba plants. I am very happy VG made them available.

I think I might start another thread for a grow along.

Thanks again everyone.