What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Diesel/ECCD

L

LEX-UK

Hi guys.. ive put 10x cherry diesel(sd dna x cherrybomb) and 10x ECCD(ecsd' cc x cherrybomb) into germination.. hope to find some sweet fuely girlies.. will be back to edit and update later, pinching connection as n when i can:tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whoop! cant wait to see how these turn out. The Cherry Bomb used is Mr.Greengenes legit maui wowie line that he has maintained since the 70's

i'll make make a batch of F2s of whichever cross seems to show the most potential - probably not for a while though.

VG

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cloud Strife, the crosses have never been released, in fact this is the first documented test of either of them.

as for a pure Cherry bomb line.... i have a good stash of CB seeds that Mr.Greengenes sent me a couple of years ago when he released a batch for the server fund. Its not really my line to release though, although i know Mr G wanted to get it out there.

perhaps at some point in the future, we'll see.

VG

L

LEX-UK

I'm definitely eager to get these a obove ground I have the ecsd'cc cut, would be nice to have the effects of a good Maui and the taste of diesel and vice versa lol heck something purculier and different it always welcome.

O r am I male hunting this line now aswell? Lol pure cherrybomb is needed tho

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey lex, this is just to see about the merits of each cross really, i used CB to pollinate a lot of elite cuts and a few other lines (such as my cherryjuana etc). i think g0vnaa grew out some of the ECCD outdoors and rated it, but this is the first grow show with either.

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I didnt grew it personaly I gave some seeds to a friend.
He gave me some buds after the harvest and they were great.
Very nice tasty smoke.
Greasy buds, very potent smoke too.
They were nice size too. I think vigor will be strong in those.

I will be very interesting to see both the crosses side by side.
Good luck :tiphat:

L

LEX-UK

hey lex, this is just to see about the merits of each cross really, i used CB to pollinate a lot of elite cuts and a few other lines (such as my cherryjuana etc). i think g0vnaa grew out some of the ECCD outdoors and rated it, but this is the first grow show with either.

VG

Have you personally grew out any cb crosses mate?

Ill check on them tomorrow, thanks.

L

LEX-UK

I didnt grew it personaly I gave some seeds to a friend.
He gave me some buds after the harvest and they were great.
Very nice tasty smoke.
Greasy buds, very potent smoke too.
They were nice size too. I think vigor will be strong in those.

I will be very interesting to see both the crosses side by side.
Good luck :tiphat:

Cool I like the sound of that.. Thanks guv! :):tiphat::ying:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you personally grew out any cb crosses mate?

Ill check on them tomorrow, thanks.

hey lex. ive grown out the cherryjuana which i really liked, i also crossed the CB to bubba as a possible outcross for the bubba bx - but i wasnt so keen on that cross when i grew it out.
Ive also got Chem D x CB and casey jones x CB.... a friend grew out the Chem D cross and it looked the the CB was very dominant over the chem.
my hope is that one of the diesels will be a bit less of a multi hybrid and keep some of the diesel traits in the cross.
it may seem a bit obsessive to cross the CB to so many things but it does represent a rare IBL and so there is the opportunity to make proper new F1 hybrids with it.

VG

W89

Veteran
Very interested in this line, I still have seeds but cant grow them atm, the 5 or 6 i did start had to be taken down, my fault really, growing somewhere not 100% safe so really looking forward to what comes of this diary! GL LEX

L

LEX-UK

Very interested in this line, I still have seeds but cant grow them atm, the 5 or 6 i did start had to be taken down, my fault really, growing somewhere not 100% safe so really looking forward to what comes of this diary! GL LEX

Hi mate that is a shame I've been there myself and it happend Tobe my most pricey seeds sucks.

Thanks for the compliment and please stick around

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah to get 35/35 germination (over the two test grows) is fantastic and hats off to LEX for that.

sure you need the seeds to all be viable but you also need some skill and consistency to get them all cracked and above soil without mishap.

VG:tiphat:

L

LEX-UK

Thanks guys yea I like to germinate in moist paper towels then put into lil plastic bags tied up then put into Tupperware then that goes into a warm environment.. If the seeds are viable they'll germ.

Then i use a small alen key to make my hole in soil then plant seedling burying it about half cm from top of seedling. And wet em by spray bottle and keep the top of soil moist by spraying 2 or 3 times until they break the surface.

Nothing fancy just the way I've got it done from way back.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i wish i knew what had happened to lex - he just disappeared from iC a few months ago. hope he is well and that it wasn't bad news.

have to get back to thinking about these crosses soon..

VG