What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100% Sativas (Have you ever tried one?)

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
For me. Blue Dream is a perfect Hybrid. Ubiquitous, yes, but the real cut is wonderful.

Mikron

Has anyone every tried Skunk#1 x Grapefruit? Amazing flavour, huge sativa buds, excellent vine like growth, very dense buds.

ghostly

100% Sativas (Have you ever tried one?)

For me. Blue Dream is a perfect Hybrid. Ubiquitous, yes, but the real cut is wonderful.

Qfmft

And here is a south African sativa
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358922796.434780.jpg

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
never tried but got some malawi gold seeds as a freebie suppose to be pure sativa will try it and let you know in 14 weeks

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
hi,

from all the strains i grew, i really prefer sativa one (pure or almost) for some simple reasons:

-you can grow them already 12/12 or almost, less electricity cost
-they make a lot of branches, so easy to take clones, even in the stretching period
-they don't feed nutes, light mix or light mix + coco with a slow organic amendment, and water only, easy and cheap
-a little container for starting, a big one after stretch, less soil
-no bractea, no trim
-heady effects, so nice to have a party, electric, no body, no red eyes, less after effects, more clear
-less chance to have disease in the flowers

ttsc's ciskei and congo, ace's bangi haze, cbg's destroyer and jamaica b-m, hazexshunk (haze dom)...
so nice strain to grow, and even more to smoke.

Heyya pastor.. how'd you like the ciskei compared to the others?

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I'm searching for my own holy grail strain very similar in description to your own. Ace and CBG are good places to look for a lot of IBL and hybrids between them.

I have heard many good things about Bangi Haze when it comes to highly electric and upbeat effects although I have yet to try it myself.

Out of the ones I've tried I've found good Mexican highland sativas tend to be very crisp, clear and happy but its been well over a decade since any of that has been around.

Destroyer is an amazing social and upbeat strain. It's not quite as clear as the best of the Mexican stuff since it has Thia in it, but it's also a lot more euphoric and potent than the Mexican sativas for that same reason. I found it quite motivating and fun. It's clean upbeat effect definitely stands out against the typical hazes you see going around which tend to be a bit muddier and a tad disorientating.

Destroyer or Mango Haze.. hmm. I know the Mango is not pure sativa but its definitely not "muddy" or disorienting.

Mundstuhl

Smoked some Dr. Grinspoon in the Barney's Farm Coffeeshop in A'Dam a few weeks ago, was pretty good stuff, but a little expensive....16 Euros per gram....

Greets

Cannavore

Veteran
Kali Mist and Panama have been the closest I've come. I'd love a pure haze in the future like tom hills though.

pastor

Gerarbutler79 said:
Heyya pastor.. how'd you like the ciskei compared to the others?

what i really like with ciskei is the quality of the high: day time smoke, quite electric and speedy with NO after effect: it leaves you as if you hadn't smoke yet.
quite nice to grow, little feeder (i like this), lots of side branches.

it's possible to compare with destroyer or bangi haze, not with congo pointe noire hybrids or jbm or haze skunk (wich are later sativas, more on the "landrace side", more connoisseur strains, more delicate and difficult).

bangi haze is a short size plant, very fast, very resinous electric effect, remain longer (you know you have smoke 2 hours later)
destroyer is more on the clear side, focus and wise, a pleasure to grow, resinous, some are more clear, some more psyche.

ciskei is a real day time smoke: you can smoke a joint at 5 pm and be totaly sober at 7 pm. very rare, don't you think?

perfect for parties, you can have a drink with it, no problems :dance013:

hope it helps.

Happy 7

I grew:

Bushmans (Herbaria)
Thai82 (Green Hornet)
Original Haze (Seedsman)
Durban Poison (Dutch Passion)
Kerala (Seedsman)

and some crosses of those.

Some O.Haze buds. Don't have much bag appeal but the effect is one of the best. :)

picture.php

The Hatter

Veteran
I grew:

Bushmans (Herbaria)
Thai82 (Green Hornet)
Original Haze (Seedsman)
Durban Poison (Dutch Passion)
Kerala (Seedsman)

and some crosses of those.

Some O.Haze buds. Don't have much bag appeal but the effect is one of the best. :)

View Image

Bag appeal is very different for sativas and that looks like some some sweet smoke.

I've found with sativas it doesn't really matter how airy, and thin the bud looks, what tends to matter is how frosty the nugs are.

For sativa those are some nice sized buds and it looks like they have that beautiful almost metalic blue tint from the frost.

I would definately choose those over any big gooey chunk of indica.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yep, grew out some of the seeds too. took 22 weeks and they still weren't really done, but the high is like mainlining a pot of espresso.

picture.php

picture.php

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa

Sativa

High altitude tropical sinsemilla sativa.

Pure Colombian seed grown in Colombia by a Gringo!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Viva Colombia!

Last edited:
C

Chamba

Happy 7 wrote - "Some O.Haze buds. Don't have much bag appeal but the effect is one of the best."

bag appeal doesn't get you high, all a tight trim and into a plastic bags does is allow the best trichomes to be knocked off

That photo of Happy 7's O.Haze shows the best way to trim and keep sativa bids......I also think it's best to trim off those smaller leaves surrounding the bud only when you are about to smoke it. This way the maximum amount of resin heads will still be on the bud and the taste/flavor will be stronger and anyway, it doesn't take long to run over a bud with scissors, actually it's a nice pre-smoke ritual to snip off enough and trim it down to expose the resiny bracts while admiring the result of your gardening expertise and anticipate the upcoming high.

Last edited:
Nice I love Sativas but hate waiting!

now growing a few

Botswana Satava x Sensi Hindu Kush

SBH SUper Silver Haze x blueberry

and True Blueberry..

any tips?

I know the true blue is a light feeder....