What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Modern Colombian

redrider

Colombian

Colombian

What are superior four that you speak of?
I have 4 local (domestic Colombian Sativa) that I found down here that are what I think are the "Elite" Colombians. One is a "Punto Rojo" and the other three are namelss.

CuriousCannabis

Damn RedRider, you are livin my dream bro. I've been planning a trip to Bogota... I've fantasized about the women in Colombia (heard they was good-lookin!)... and I've FOREVER been wanting to try Colombian bud, unfortunately I wasn't born during that time period though. But goddamn man! I'm just speechless... and I gotta lotta questions for you. But I don't know whether to ask you in this thread or shoot you a PM.

Let me know what's up man...

redrider

PM me when you book your flight and when you get here I will make sure you find what your looking for. As far as the women in Bogota, Colombia in general, well lets just say there is no finer.

tiedye420

I am battling cancer at the moment. It seems it was spreading to my adrenal glands and throughout my groin from the prostate gland...My PSA level was at 25....
With hormone implant therapy my PSA has dropped to a 6...
I started radiation therapy thursday and the cancer does not stand a chance in hell... That growth is toast!
tiedye

Buffoonman said:
Hi tiedye not seen you for a while hope all is well.

redone said:
Here's some VERY potent highland "red". Don't be fooled by the way it looks, the smell taste and high are top self but they "sweat cure" the weed and it looks bad.

The high comes on quick and keeps getting stronger till a peak after an hour or so. I love the high cause it keeps getting better and LONG lasting maybe three hours with a nice come down.

The red is pretty well seeded (thats what I bought it for) unlike most of this quality that is most time 100% sinsemilla.

These seeds and some other 100% sativa will be my next grow......

I work with a columbian and I was takling to him about Columbian gold.......he said columbian gold is actually called "red point" there.......

redrider

Oro

Oro

Santa Marta Gold is much different then the "red point" or "punto rojo". Maybe you mis understood your friend because here in Colombia Gold is Gold and Punto Rojo is just that.

Colombian Santa Marta Gold 2007

redrider

Well really most Colombians don't know very much about Mj cause it's not accepted socially in Colombia. But "red point" is the English translation for Punto Rojo a high altitude Colombian landrace Sativa that IMHO is the best Colombian strain high and potency wise. The Golds tend to be not only lighter in color but in the high as well. I love them all (the Colombians) but the rojo to me just has a deeper more complete experience. No offense to your friend, Colombians are great people. I like them and the culture so much I married one and moved here.
Peace

Last edited:

DarkGreen

Colombian Sativas

Colombian Sativas

High Red...

I was reading about your Colombian hybrids, and they interest me a lot because the colombians and mexicans were probably the first to be used as hybrids with afghans, so that they could finish flowering up in the northern US. I am guessing that this is the foundation for the skunky weed we all used to remember back in the day.

I was wondering what type of sativa was used in your first Colombian x Afghan cross? Was it the SantaMartaGold? Or did you use the Colombian Green?

You also mentioned that you were working on a Punto Roja x White Rhino cross called Red Rhino. How is that project going? I bet the strength from both the PR and WR would be amazing and overpowering!!!

Are you going to try another Colombian x Afghan cross using a different afghan this time around?

To tell you the truth, I am very interested in trying out a huge number of crosses with a variety of Colombian strains. I am very interested in crossing those Colombian Sats with strains like Romulan, Great White Shark, White Widow, AK47, Chemo, a varitey of different skunks, a number of highly prized indicas, a few commercial super yielders, and a number of afghan/skunk types. Maybe someday??

I am trying to convince my girlfriend in taking a vacation to Cartagena for a few weeks. If I can convince her, can you show me around a little?

take care DarkGreen

Spicybud

Hi from Sweden. This is my first posting in this forum. Finally after much searching I found some info about Punto Rojo. I was given some seeds that were about ten years old from my ex-girlfriend who comes from Cali, Colombia. She said it was true Punto Rojo seeds she got from her grandmother who had a lot of Punto Rojo plants in her big garden amongst many other medicinal plants.

Her grandmother was a respected medicinewoman and made medicine from them. I was told that she made an ointment from buds and alcohol in a very large crystal bottle, which had to stand for 20 years :yoinks: before it was ready to use, talk about patience! I don´t know if there were any other herbs in it. Once my ex asked her if she ever smoked them (she smoked her own tobacco) she just laughed at my ex´s questioned and said that she didn´t have to. She used it daily through rubbing in her whole body with it and it must have worked quite well. Last year this woman passed away at the respectable age of 105 years, R.I.P. I never met her myself but I understand that she was a wonderful woman with a huge knowledge about plants.

Personally I´ve never smoked anything else but hash and indoor grown Dutch hybrids, so I don´t know anything about the high from a true landrace sativa. I think the closest to this that I´ve come to that is HazexSkunk that I grew twelve years ago.

I sowed a few of the seeds and 3 sprouted a month ago and they now look like this. They are a little bit LST:d to keep them low and to induce branching.

Punto Rojo 1 who showed female flowers after three weeks and the leaves and minimal branching indicated indica in the beginning but now the new leaves are narrower and more sativa like. It´s a bit strange to me that it shifts like that, but you here who has more experience than me on

full_3229_p36169.jpeg

Plants nr 2 and 3 have typical sativa pheno and has not showed any pistils but I think the are female judging from the preflowers.

PR 2
full_3229_p36172.jpeg

PR 3
full_3229_p36174.jpeg

They have been in 12/12 for four days so the long wait begins. Any ideas on how many weeks they might take to mature in my indoor setup; 400 hps cooltube, temp 25 C. I´m guessing (hoping) for 12-14 weeks but that is maybe only in my dreams. How long does it take to mature for you who grow Punto Rojo outside in Colombia?

Cheers. :wave:

G

10-11 wks with a 1000 watt sodium
ur set up , it will be around 12-14 wks Master is afraid.
good luck
peace,
Master Thai ;-)

redrider said:
Well really most Colombians don't know very much about Mj cause it's not accepted socially in Colombia.....

What drugs are acceptable in the Columbian society? Cocaine? How can Marijuana be looked down upon when it just grows in the earth? I can see where cocaine would be. Coca might be grown in earth but it is refined by man with all kinds of poisonous chemicals. Has the United States really had such an influence on Columbian culture?

I used to work with a Columbian welder and he was pretty cool. A bit weird, he didn't use eye protection when fitting (burning) and sometimes didn't wear his welding shield when welding. At about 28 years old, he had to have cataract surgery. He would really bad mouth cocaine, saying it destroyed many people in his family but give the guy an hour for lunch away from us and he would come back wired for sound! Ready to go, go, GO! All we wanted to do after eating was take a nap. One time he was hurt and started bleeding, it took all of us just to get him to put a bandaid on it. I didn't want to step one foot near a nurses' station to get it checked out. We all figured he was scared and thought he might get drug tested.

Hmmm, don't know where that all came from but.... if you would, post some photos of those Women you talk about, that is if you won't get in trouble with the misses. :bat:

Edit: nevermind, I went to images.google.com and found what I was looking for. You can post photos if you want. I won't complain.

Last edited:
G

Greetings

Fabulous thread.

If you don't mind me asking, how's the economy down there?

I would love to buy a house.

What do you guys do for work?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance

-MJ

redrider

Colombia

Colombia

I always forget about this thread, sorry about that. I just harvested my 2nd Colombian cross this time using SMG instead of the green Colombian. I still haven't grown any of the "Rojo" to cross anything with it. Colombia is a beautiful country but its not really "cheap" here as far as land (I could be wrong cause I haven't been looking for real-estate). Here is a good place to start looking http://www.eltiempo.com/

There's a shitload of drugs here and a pretty good sized "drug culture" in the university's and in the big city's but most the people I've met and know here do not use drugs of any kind even coffee and sugar. Alcohol is the drug of choice here and mj, cocaine, heroin seem to be used by only the lowest of society. People here overall care much more about eating and living well (having a decent job) then getting high. Legally drugs (all) are legalfor personal use but anything considered "narco traffic" (like a foreigner growing or holding alot of anything) is very illegal and not worth going to Colombian prison over. Colombians often ask me why I would leave the USA to live here and I tell them my wife (Colombian) doesn't want to live there (which is true). Of course I don't tell them one of the main reasons I live here is to cultivate some of the finest cannabis on the planet. Sorry I don't take pics of the fine women here because I'm married to one and even though she is all any man could want (and she knows this) she's still extremely jealous. But take my word for it the women here are stunning and aggressive.

Peace from Colombia

Spicybud

I´ve got at least one that should be a Punto Rojo from Cali, one I need to tie down all the time because she stretches so much more than the other plants, two of each of Shiva Shanti2 F2 and Bubblelicious F2. She is also a
week later in development than them. She looks like this 30 days into flowering:

smokescreen

Lookin' good! The best tasting is always grown outdoors! You got some of that rare old school, real deal columbian sativas there! Thats the stuff my dad loved to grow! Even though it took awhile and the yields weren't always the biggest for outdoor, mmmmmmmmmmm that earthy flavor is what keeps people comin' back! Great job! I wish my pops were here to see these pics! I wish I was able to grow those here in Oregon but too short of summers. Thats why dad never got high yields from them. Memories!