What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I've grown the Sensi Star for a while and love it. I only used one pack of seeds at the time but had another one at hand. I germed it recently, hoping for an outstanding pheno to hide in there. After vegging under fluos for a month I kicked them into flower 9 days ago. Time for sexing!

One thing worth mentioning is that the females in this batch declared sex before the males. Preflowers apart, I saw the hairs before I saw anything that looked like balls. Of course the best looker in the group went male, so the moral lesson in this is; don't fall in love with a plant if you know you might kill it.

He was cut down yesterday.

DOS

Heres my Sensi Star day 41 from germ day 3 flower. I suspect female on the preflower but still not sure...

spicecowboy

Great pictures and reports!

I stumbled across this thread using the search engine for "Sensi Star", because most likely I´ll have the opportunity to come across a clone of this strain during the next days.

After taking a short look through this thread, I´m convinced that I should give the Star a chance again.

I grew one clone(from pretty much the same source I guess...) a few years ago, outdoors, and was pretty impressed.

The plant grew into a tall bush with rather medium shaped leaves, not extremely broad afghan.

The buds were hairy, sticky and compact, with a strong citrus smell that had some chemical dank undertones.

Great smoke.

Made me lay on the bed, got me at times a bit short breathing with an crazy heart rate, good for watching movies and getting really baked, despite the funky physical sideeffects mentioned above, I can´t remember any paraoia or racyness.

Whatever.

I can´t wait to see those clones.

Their look alone will tell me wheter they are worth the trouble and money(15 Euros per clone).

Of course they are said to come from Paradise Seed´s stock...

Time will tell...

spice

K

kokua

good for you spice...hope you get yourself a winner. I can't wait to see rosy and dos's flower pics...bring em on boys :)

southpaw

Great pics, great reports. The story about the wife is priceless.

I take it from this thread that even this strain kicks out a few racy high phenos, or were these plants just chopped early? The next time I grow I'm looking for an absolute stone cold Pete's couch indica.

DOS

I believe my Sensi Star is sativa pheno Strait up... I've got 13 bladed leaves and very sativa looking. I'll try to get some current shots of her up soon. She's on day 21 of flower.

DOS

Can you say Sativa DOMINANT! Think I lucked out because this Sensi Star has got to be sativa!

19772SensiS.jpg

Last edited:

zophim

Sensi Star is all I've had for the last 2 years and I'm fuckin sick of it man. I got lots of it and I haven't smoked in a week.

Some others have mentioned it, let me tell you exactly what the "uppity" high means. It means your heart will race like a mother fucker, and you will go crazy thinking it's going to explode and kill you.

Fear of death man, fear of death. It sucks.

You'd better have something to do after smoking this. I suppose if you were hiking or something the increased heart rate wouldn't be noticable.

I actually measured it, normally my heart rate is around 80-90 bpm, I'm a younger guy and I smoke some of this and it's 120 sitting on the couch doing nothing, and they are big heart beats that you can feel in your ear drums, but I can get my heart rate up to 190-200 by running. So there you go, I am no doctor, but I would be very cautious with this strain.

"Do not take this medicine if you are having heart problems."

DOS

Man I'm getting stoked I hope my Sensi Star turns out like that. I'm on day 33 flower now its getting frosty. :woohoo:

19772sensi.jpg

19772sensifirecrop2.jpg

Pactivist

one of my faves!!

one of my faves!!

Sensi star has been a large part of my grow for a couple of years now.
I really can't get behind what everyone says about the buzz, but then again I might be smokin waaaaaaay too much of the "star". I do find it to be a lazier high than say a S.A.G.E. but not disabling in any way. definitely great for insomniacs. put it this way - I truly prefer my SAGE when I need a creative boost, like when playing guitar. But, Sensi Star has the truly miraculous ability to make the mundane tolerable. Boring shit is O.K. as long as I have some star to toke on.
so now i guess some pics of my star are in order;
heavy indica pheno

"field of star"

Oh and DOS - I have a sensi star that looks almost exactly like yours. as soon as I get some decent pics of it I will post them up.
peAce all, stay safe,
pacT

G

zophim said:
Sensi Star is all I've had for the last 2 years and I'm fuckin sick of it man. I got lots of it and I haven't smoked in a week.

Some others have mentioned it, let me tell you exactly what the "uppity" high means. It means your heart will race like a mother fucker, and you will go crazy thinking it's going to explode and kill you.

Fear of death man, fear of death. It sucks.

You'd better have something to do after smoking this. I suppose if you were hiking or something the increased heart rate wouldn't be noticable.

I actually measured it, normally my heart rate is around 80-90 bpm, I'm a younger guy and I smoke some of this and it's 120 sitting on the couch doing nothing, and they are big heart beats that you can feel in your ear drums, but I can get my heart rate up to 190-200 by running. So there you go, I am no doctor, but I would be very cautious with this strain.

"Do not take this medicine if you are having heart problems."

LOL!

Dude, you need a new pheno, that's all... SS is supposed to be good indica, not uppity high... this just means you have a sativa pheno that is very racey, you should have kept multiple phenos for testing, then you can choose the best.

DOS

Its beena awhile My Star is on day 51 flower and almost 70% of the big leaves are yellow. Little early for that maybe??

I don't have any good pics of the Sensi buds yet. Just this close up. I will get some better pics and update back here.

By the way I tooka sample and I have confirmed the smell of my sensistar. It smells like a mechanic shop, exhuast, or just strait diesel or fuel. Taste is very exotic and hashy.

19772sensitrichomes.jpg

Burt

Veteran
mines doing really well in the SE outdoors
has not auto flowered like other strains-SAGE and BB come to mind-does not really like to branch-although i only got 2 females to base that on
I only found 2 keepers and a great dad-will be f2'ing next week
looks pretty uniform too