What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheese (uk elite clone!)

beancounter

Veteran
hmm, the cheese clone I have looks alot more sativa than some of the cheese clones I've seen in this thread.

This is supposed to be the real deal, same as vision's..

I don't know for sure, but the smoke report on this clone matched all of true's description. I have one at about 2+ weeks flower, and I'm drooling in anticipation. :yummy:

Here's a couple shots of one cheese plant I have in veg still.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
beancounter said:
hmm, the cheese clone I have looks alot more sativa than some of the cheese clones I've seen in this thread.

we've found this suspect cheese clone to be extremely susceptable to phenotype (climatic influence over genotype). try and keep her small, cool, and under-fed.

cloning is another issue,,, they are slow/difficult to root in numbers (see above).

the bigger these plants get in veg the more they stretch in bloom (IMO).

overall keep the temps low and the plants short and compact to enduce that misty-grey color and the characteristic cheesy twang.

all the best,
bless the 'Exodus Crew' (movement of jah people)
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

HellaFella

Nice synopsis there DOCleaf!

I couldn't just sit here smoking this bong-load of Cheese and not "chime" in on the subject!!

It's a pretty unique flavor! Second on my all-time list just behind my Ultra-Skunk cut...

EDIT: Oh Yeah! I forgot! Don't call it an ELITE CLONE, c'mon, how pretentious is that!!

My Cheese cut curtosey of HappyHipster and the circle of peeps in Humboldt that have it![Thanks!]
9543DSC06805.JPG

Don't Worry, I konw it LOOKS SAD, but I have four more jars IDENTICAL to these curing behind my desk...!
9543DSC06806.JPG

Down the neck of the curing jar I just fished out! Whew, this has a bit different of a smell then the jar thats in play! Curing seems to have made a bit of difference!
9543DSC06807.JPG

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
DocLeaf said:
we've found this cheese clone to be extremely susceptable to phenotype (climatic influence over genotype). try and keep her small, cool, and under-fed.

That's what I figured in some cases, but some of the earlier pics in this thread had almost no leaf serrations, whereas the serrations on mine are quite distinct..

cloning is another issue,,, they are slow/difficult to root in numbers (see above).

hmmm.. My cheese cuts only took 6 days to show roots after being in the mail for 5 days, during early summer. I noticed she roots like a champ.. 6 days is good in perfect conditions. I just use a humidity dome and I clone in the same medium I grow in, Sunshine Mix #4.

the bigger these plants get in veg the more they stretch in bloom (IMO).

I'll keep that in mind. I put a 14" clone with 5 tops into flower, and she seems to be finished stretch at only about 2', but she's under vertical lighting which seems to reduce the stretch.

overall keep the temps low and the plants short and compact to enduce that misty-grey color and the characteristic cheesy twang.

short and compact is how I like em :smile:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
beancounter said:
That's what I figured in some cases, but some of the earlier pics in this thread had almost no leaf serrations, whereas the serrations on mine are quite distinct..

again, we believe this is related to phenotype :wink:

the lower the temp,,, the more teeth pon leaf-blades

peace dLeaf :joint:

G

What Arno has is real...nice to hear you like it.

The cuts vision had went 12 days before arriving and rooted in 5, Cheese clone rootes very quickly and easily. Cheese clone does not hermie, under any sever environmental stresses. It is after all just a selected Skunk number 1...from back when.

Whatever Vision did to the clones sent to BC i dont know, looked awfull on the gro, all crispy and butchered. Dont know what has happened since...but it aint 'right'.

Enjoy!

Peace, Q

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hermaphrodites and plants that self-set under too much heat-stress aren't the same thing...

enjoy all :D
peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

SativaBelieva

Damn right elite clone... I've had a few tokes and I really liked it... it'd be a good contender in any cup... there are elite clone lists around and Cheese is always on it!... elite for taste... and elite because it is clone only rare pheno from an old batch of skunk...

Mampi

Can any of you fine folk tell me if you see something that leans toward the cheese in this bunch? They're all Blue Cheese from Big Buddha...

Cheers!

beancounter

Veteran
yup, definately on the skinny side for a Skunk #1.

IMHO I'd say #2 looks closest, or maybe #4.

It's hard to say cause the close up pics mainly only have newer fans in them, so the leaves are still folded and developing. That makes it hard to judge the thickness of the blades.

Just look for plants with the least Afghan influence.

Mampi

Cheers dudes, confirms what I was thinking...

beancounter same thing as I was thinking, seems I got 2x cheese pheno's and 4 Blueberry leaning pheno's.

peace!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
beancounters looks genuine.....,.... ive had the cheese 2 years now and sharec it to many people so seen it grown in many different gardens...and have never seen such total differences in it..... i thin some of you may have been falsely led to be;ioeve what you have is cheese when it isnt..... (BBC not included, obviously there will be some good cheesey plants appear outta that) but then if itsa nice smoke then thatts what counts..........awwww who am i kidding, i aint smoked any cheese now for 4 months and its all i crave....this non-growing lark is killing me........

bigbuddhaseeds

lovely stuff guys!

lovely stuff guys!

man, interesting read,
mampi, yes, see what your preference leans towards, the bigger yielders have intense branching, with a more cotton candy taste (simalar to that old fat pheno sweet tooth 3 we used to run!)
harry g, many respects , for all the cheese works, nothing in 4 months? heatwaves over now get growin! nice cheesey facts
beancounter, nice one bro, yep good spot, thanks
docleaf, respect and thanks, your projects looks spicy tastic! theres going to be some excellent new flavours and varients with so many people crossing with cheese, cant wait to taste every single one, thanks
peace to you all, respect, bigb

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they say "when you love what you do, it never grows old"... the Spicy Cheese project grows under mans like hazystrain... the respect flows your-way for breeding this strain into seed form to begin bigbuddha :yes:
peace n bloom dude :D
jah bless...
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
thanks BB.

I just snaked a 55 day sample off my Cheese and yes, this is very close to what I've been looking for in a skunk, definately miles ahead of any 'skunk' seedline I've grown. It's not the true roadkill superskunk, but it's plenty close enough to the skunks of the past, and a big relief to find after all the false advertising, dashed hopes and wasted time.

And she is definately elite, there's no doubt about it.

She clones well (roots in 6 days after 5 days shipping in summer), she branches well, she yeilds well, she buds fast and finishes fairly quick, she smell and tastes great, has excellent resin production, dense buds, and great bag appeal.

She is one of the most well rounded cuts I have yet to grow, altho I have many elites in flower and veg yet to try..

The only place she lacks is in real heavy kick, but she's still potent, and I'd take good taste over big kick any day. And she's fairly supseptable to mites, but not as bad as some.

Those are the only 2 things I could ever honestly say bad about this cut, and they're just minor issues.. I only have to deal with mites in summer, and altho she'd not the most potent, she's plenty potent enough for me, and a very happy and uplifting high. This would be a great strain for depression.

Anyways, it's a keeper, no question, it will not leave my garden unless by force.

I will be crossing her with a Deep Chunk male and I expect some great things from that cross..

beancounter

Veteran
UK Cheese at 59 days 12/12...

This was only my 1st run with the cut, and I had some problems, so I'm sure I can get her to do even better. I'm thoroughly impressed with this cut, one of my all around favorites. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts