What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemelemeleme Upgrade, A story of young ladies sharing a room

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
First hello and thanks for looking in on my girls and their new room. They will have only a single small bedroom but will get lots of love. Their room is approximatly 10 x 10 with a small closet and door opening.

A lot of construction has gone on and much more is needed to get everything ready for the ladies new home. Ask me in six months to a year if this is better than just having roommates or a guest bedroom...

My first attempt at blocking off a window proved quite pathetic after the first summer. I'll be really happy when I fix that.

Good Window / Bad Window

For the floor I laid Hardibacker over the carpet and then put down a tarp. For the window I cut up this GP hard board with a great flat grey textured surface. I put the GP board in the window and then cut a piece of really thick foam insulation to fill the entire frame. After that screwed a sheet of particle board over the entire business and ZERO light or heat goes in or out!

Now that the floor is down and the light is sealed time for some lights and places for the ladies to live. I am sure they can do better than their cousins in the dungeon next door.

This will be ongoing but I'd love to hear any thoughts you guys have.

Peace, :joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Another day and some more progress. The lights are hanging, now I just need to mylar the room and run the ventilation.

The ladies are getting big and want move into their new digs. Thanks for stopping by.

sero!

hello my friend!

glad to see you you´re on the way to finish your room, can´t wait to see the action!

what system you will be running?

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wsup Hydro

Lets get some details bro. Lights, strains, nutes, buckets?tables?coco?AC?
Looks great so far. Good Luck

MARLO

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Sero!, Whadeezlrg, and Marlo :joint:

I hope you are all smoking well. These ladies are currently in 5gal buckets with full size net pots and hydrotone. I am running a NON recirculating system where all 5 gal buckets draw off of another 5gal bucket with a float valve. Each girl has an on/off valve so I can drain them individually if need be. The vegging ladies are Purple Kush (been growing from clone for years) and new to the show are Aussie Blues (90% sativa!) and Unknown (buy 10 Blue Aussie beans get 20 random beans free).

I would love thoughts on unknown. How about the first ICMAGer to call the strain (we'll poll it at the end of the flower period) will win a prize! Sound fun?

Here is UNKNOWN who will be the prize winer?

Guesses? From the same guys that do Aussie Blues: Here's AB

The old faithful Purple Kush (looks like she grew a little aft measuring tape photo)

So there are the ladies, they will flower in the same 5gal buckets (there is a 6" airstone at the bottom of each bucket) under "The Largest Hood Available in the Industry!" "The Ocho" "Magnum XXXL-8"

They claim to be 38.5" by 29.5" (which is over a meter long!). In reality the flange sticks out a few inches so the hood is really only 34.5" by 29.5", but it is still bigger than anything I've ever seen!

I plan to stick with GH 4 parts (micro, grow, bloom, diamond nector) Becauze (grow now bloom soon), and the Nutrilife root stym (works great getting the PH down) and my roots in flower need to be whiter.

On that note a res chiller will be introduced. I am thinking 64degrees in the 5gal bucket that feeds the ladies. I am sure they will raise the temp a little in their own bucket as they drink. Thoughts?

Tomorrow we'll see about venting the hoods and running air-flow into the room. Then hopefully all will be fine and no AC additions needed.

So ICMAGer's give me your thoughts.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Warning Construction Delays Ahead!

Warning Construction Delays Ahead!

We'll work on the new flower room has ground to a halt. Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry 8" ducting and so I'm not able to get all the hoods connected and vented this weekend. Monday will be a trip to a ventilation / AC supply shop and then if that fails back to the hydro shop where I bought the hoods.

I've managed to keep busy with the ladies from the dungeon so the weekend turned out to be very productive after all.

And fully undressed
picture.php

Wish me luck on the getting the ducting and ballasts installed! If all goes well the ladies will move into their new home tomorrow!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Another day and a little closer

Another day and a little closer

Well Monday finally arrived and I could check out AC supply houses. Would you believe 8" non-insulated ducting is impossible to find. Lucky for me I was able to find a place with 10' of the simi-ridged ducting and a 10"x10" register for under $20. Then I was off to the hydro store for the flexible ducting and a few other nicks and knacks.

Today saw a standard 10" x 6" duct mated into a 8" vortex fan. So now I have the fan pulling straight off the main AC line and pushing air out into the room and through the lights. I'll buy a regulator for the 10"x10" and control the amount of fresh air pumped into the room, but the lights will be cool as cucumbers.

Tomorrow will see the venting out of the lights, installation of the ballasts and bulbs, and a potential move of the ladies.

Vespatian

Very nice. First impressions:

You can light seal a window easily and quickly with solid panda stapled over the opening, followed by a room wall finish of diamond reflective material stapled over the panda.

We use a floor finish of marlite panels. Very clean, light-weight and water proof. Edges sealed with metal tape.

You may have a ventilation issue from using one source for both the room and hoods. I am guessing you will need to substantially close the room-supply vent in order to sufficiently vent the lights.

Where are you exhausting the lights?

Using the house AC to cool the room poses issues when the room is 95f and the rest of the house is substantially less. You may end up needing a rolling floor unit, which you'll need to exhaust.

How are you raising the lights? If you are growing enough to fill those canopies, it's going to get very crowded in there the last 6 weeks. You can buy nylon strap tie downs from HD / Lowes to raise the lights while standing - no ladder needed.

That's all I can think of now. I like the room and how you are thinking this through and putting it together.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
And it is dark, but the sun never sets on the HydroSun Empire!

And it is dark, but the sun never sets on the HydroSun Empire!

I can't believe I haven't passed out but the ladies are in their new homes and will be going to sleep at midnight (no turning into pumpkins here). Well the last batch of ladies went into flower on 6/5/09 and the last run of the 750's in the dungeon did well.

Well construction started early and went on all day, but now the room is vented with AC air pushing through the lights on an 8" vortex and being pulled at the end of the dungeon and the old 750 hoods (soon to be upgraded) by a 6" Fantech. Can you believe how good the first cut for the exhaust was? The apprentice just jabbed the drywall saw in (from the attic side, unable to see into the room) and perfect right between the hoods and in direct line with the dungeon! Look at how cool the exhaust is!

Once the lights were vented and the regulator installed for the fresh air off of the light feed, I was able to move in the 44 gal res and place the babies under 1Kw for the first time in my or their lives. (skipped the many hours of work with cords, mylar, clean up, re-plumbing, etc.

Can I get some love now and a bowl? Peace, :joint:

bkind

Ya hydro! Room and harvest look wonderful. You reap what you sow, looks like those were grown with a lot of love.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Bkind, Thanks for the nice words. They certainly were grown with love. Plant number 3, of particular interest to you was flowered for 59days with a daily full flush and res change for 6 days and three more days of RO only, for a full 9 day flush. She ended her run ripe and with cleaner water than the tap water of most cities. She is one of the ladies here hanging in the Dungeon.

probably the one in the foreground. She was hung for four days as one big tree. I find this is the best to allow the bud to absorb the moisture and sap from the branches. Also this allows the flowers to off gas their chlorophyll instead of having it locked into the plant by a quick dry. So this lady had the four day hang and then a day in a half zip lock bag open shut cure, before being sealed up. Your job is to come back here and report. Please open in a safe place and remember to tell us about the aroma!

These last round of trees were great, but their younger cousins in this new room should be Spectacular :D

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
damn when does they mayhem stop? how many more trees are you gonna pull outta nowhere?? looks like your sittin on cloud 9 right about now, dope ass new setup and an awesome harvest to top it off... party at your place! lol

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Upgrading the 7 day a week adventure!

Upgrading the 7 day a week adventure!

Thank you everyone for following my fun! The flower show has ended for a few months. As you can see the ladies are safe and under the 1Kws. They survived a minor disastor when the vent assembly fro the lights fell off of the vortex fan. The cord from the fan saved it all from falling under the hood. Fool me twice shame on me, so we now have duct strapping holding the 8" Y assembly to the fan. It is amazing the things you find at the bottom of your tool box, well diesel fuel line clamps are now holding my light venting system together :D

The cooler part of the upgrade has happened with the veg room. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

As you can see the floor was stripped, hardibacker laid and then a tarp glued to the hardibacker.

I have ordered some Under Current systems and they use 8" net pot inserts. To make it easy to transfer from veg to flower I designed this new system. What do you think?

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything looks great Hydro. Especially those trees!
I'm here for the rest of the show bro

MARLO

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
havin fun i see... just wait til the locals start blowin out the UCs.... then its on... still in your plans hydro, cause i am settin the goal for after the 1st of year. 8xl to start and time will tell from there. 4+ sounds nice from 8 girls and 2k.

being in the same area as you i find that seperate cirquits for lights and ventilation are way more efficiant, especially for the house ac.... talking a few 100 on power bill basically...

my room runs about 6F hotter at canopy than my house ac is set. mad ventilation though. i just leave the room vent half open to help cool. anymore and i lose neg pressure and smell my home up hehe

looking forward to watchin bro...
keep it purple!
Sir

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Scrog V1

Scrog V1

Well, the 4 PK's are unmanageably big. This is a high quality problem, but requires attention. Today I built a screen with 1/2" PVC. I made 4' sections and connected them with T's and Elbows to make a 4' X 8' screen. I then hung the screen from the vaulted ceiling by attaching 6 chains to the corners and edges. No photos for a week or so. Expect some changes when next you see!

SSA, I can't wait for my UC. The first will be a 12reg. Mashup used 2 for his Lady Cain run. I'm only going to have the 1 12 under 4 1Kws in a 7.5' x 10' dungeon. The venting and heat in the flower room seem to be under control. I'm happy to have a res chiller set to 68 degrees. The ladies are looking really happy.

Looks like I'll have a little treat of Aussie Blues and my special Unknown (code name Uncle).

Latest posts

Latest posts