What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Dreams

Momerath

Hey res again long time no talk! I got mine started late and in 5 gal buckets outside. They are budding up quite nice. I popped 4 seeds, and of the two that made it as seedlings, they were both girls! I was very happy :smile:
Anywho, I got one that is super branchy and looks like it's gonna make lots of buds. The other is more columnar shaped with slight side branching and very fat dark green foliage. They are both quite beautiful but since were started late they are the gonna be the last plants I pull down. I wish I had some decent pictures with me atm, maybe later today I can post a couple. The taller, branchier one also did something quite unexpected. About 3 weeks ago a slight cold spell hit and the next day nearly all the pistils and calyxes of the taller plant turned deep dark purple! Have you had this happen to any of yours in cold weather? This is def my fav of the two and I just hope it can hold out another 2-3 weeks so I get to harvest it. I'm gonna start bringing them inside at night because its now getting cold and wet.
Again I'll try and get some pics up later today. After they are all finished I'll post some bud shots and a more thorough grow report. So far from my experience this strain requires little maintenance and can tolerate strong ferts from the get go (methinks thats the NL lineage responsible for that).
I'm super excited about growing these next year and getting them started plenty early. They look like they have the potential to be MONSTERS. Oh, and did I mention the super musky kinda spicy fruity smell they eminate? I cant wait to smoke em

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey res again long time no talk! I got mine started late and in 5 gal buckets outside. They are budding up quite nice. I popped 4 seeds, and of the two that made it as seedlings, they were both girls! I was very happy :smile:
Anywho, I got one that is super branchy and looks like it's gonna make lots of buds. The other is more columnar shaped with slight side branching and very fat dark green foliage. They are both quite beautiful but since were started late they are the gonna be the last plants I pull down. I wish I had some decent pictures with me atm, maybe later today I can post a couple. The taller, branchier one also did something quite unexpected. About 3 weeks ago a slight cold spell hit and the next day nearly all the pistils and calyxes of the taller plant turned deep dark purple! Have you had this happen to any of yours in cold weather? This is def my fav of the two and I just hope it can hold out another 2-3 weeks so I get to harvest it. I'm gonna start bringing them inside at night because its now getting cold and wet.
Again I'll try and get some pics up later today. After they are all finished I'll post some bud shots and a more thorough grow report. So far from my experience this strain requires little maintenance and can tolerate strong ferts from the get go (methinks thats the NL lineage responsible for that).
I'm super excited about growing these next year and getting them started plenty early. They look like they have the potential to be MONSTERS. Oh, and did I mention the super musky kinda spicy fruity smell they eminate? I cant wait to smoke em

:woohoo:

This update just made my morning. Right on! Glad that they are getting so big in Buckets when put out Late (I told everyone that they still would get huge).

You found the gem in the bunch. Yeah the one that turns purple is everyones favorite in Mendocino. I actually have a completely different name for the ones that turn purple and was going to start a different line completely off of one of those purple ladies. The NORTHERN DREAMS IBL won't have that purple color show, they will be that Dark Green Color of the other plant that you have going. The NORTHERN DREAMS IBL will still have that unique spicy/fruity smell. No other plant smells like that.

Your going to be in for some strong smoke my friend. Next year I will get you more of the regular NORTHERN DREAMS so you can get that purple phenotype again. Can't wait to see some photo's.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Well let us know when they'll be freebies :)

Sounds like you're doing a lot for the community, if I manage to get my hands on some, I'll definitely put up pics and info on the grow + smoke.. I'm too lazy (and often too busy) to do a whole grow diary.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well let us know when they'll be freebies :)

Sounds like you're doing a lot for the community, if I manage to get my hands on some, I'll definitely put up pics and info on the grow + smoke.. I'm too lazy (and often too busy) to do a whole grow diary.

A few pics of the Grow, few pics of the Finished Buds and a Report on how the Smoke was is enough more me. I will let everyone know when I send them out to the bay as "FREEBIES". This is really turning into being a quality strain. Although way way way way too potent for me. Many people are enjoying it and the Mendocino County/Branscomb Boys are already harvesting some of their NORTHERN DREAMS so I will let you know what they have to say about this years.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any other updates growers? Smoke reports? I got some finishing indoors (seeded bonsi) but it is strictly for the friends and family. Way too powerful for me.

roboto212

that does not sound like a pleasant high at all. Im not sure how many trichs were amber but having a higher CBD/CBN ratio will ease the anxiety and paranoia that you described.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that does not sound like a pleasant high at all. Im not sure how many trichs were amber but having a higher CBD/CBN ratio will ease the anxiety and paranoia that you described.

It wasn't a pleasant high at all, and I have never smoked this strain that I have created ever again, nor will I.

I am waiting for the people that are apart of this community that grew it this season to give their own personal smoke reports. It will be interesting. :joint:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a big female NORTHERN DREAMS IBL that I am going to flip 12/12 on Monday. When things start to develop then I will post up some pics that way you will see what the final line will be. This is going to be what the public gets.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Momerath,

Where you at buddy? Should of got 'em pulled and dried and a little cure on them by now. I am sure the community (like myself) is wondering how was the smoke? :joint:

G

guest1ab

It wasn't a pleasant high at all, and I have never smoked this strain that I have created ever again, nor will I.

That's hilarious. :laughing:

Of all the strains that you could be working with, why the one strain that you found so particularly unpleasant??

G

guest1ab

Go to the very first post in this thread and read it closely.

It is literally "scary" potent. :abduct:

I did read it, but even so.......
I'm not trying to rip on you, it just doesn't seem like a good business strategy....

Yeah I guess if it really is so potent there might be a lot of interest there for breeders. Have you tried crossing it with anything?

G

guest1ab

Actually .... I really want to try some of this now! You got my curiosity up! :xmasnut:

Sounds like a daytime smoke 4 sure though.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually .... I really want to try some of this now! You got my curiosity up! :xmasnut:

Sounds like a daytime smoke 4 sure though.

The Seedbay site should be getting the package of "FREEBIES" that I sent out to them anyday day now.

I will also be sending in some packs for the Server Fund next week so people will be able to actually bid on them and it will help the site.

:gift:

Everyone has been running these outdoors. I am waiting for someone from Icmag to Blow them Up indoors.!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
seedbay has obtained the Northern Dreams "FREEBIES" and they will be sending them out free with orders shortly. Also I have sent in a few packets of NORTHERN DREAMS IBL for the Server Fund and they will be auctioned off.

If you are looking for phenotype variation and the chance to get the purple plant then try to get a "FREEBIE" pack. If you are looking for a more solid uniformed plant (you won't get the purple phenotype) then bid on the IBL. Either way you will be more then happy if you are looking for a total couch lock powerhouse.