What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Dreams

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good i will keep an eye out in the seedbay freebies thread can you post there saying ther have been sent so i know ti watch the bay
Keep up your great work
Stay safe and well and good harvests to you

Momerath

Hey res long time no talk. Sorry I've been up in the mountains and have limited internet access. I got the seeds and they looked great, just got to starting them a couple days ago because of various reasons (being up in the mountains and waiting for the seeds being sent from my safe location). Unfortunately I didn't have room left in the ground in my garden, however, I am planning on throwing em in buckets, hopefully they'll do great. I'm gonna keep a written journal on them (I get to use the internet maybe once a month where I'm at so it'd be tough to keep an online journal. I decided to save 5 of the beans for next year because I wasn't sure how big these guys would get being started sooo late, although that is cool to know next season you'll be sending out ND IBL (god willing :smile:). I'll be sure to let you know how these turn out man, thanks again!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey res long time no talk. Sorry I've been up in the mountains and have limited internet access. I got the seeds and they looked great, just got to starting them a couple days ago because of various reasons (being up in the mountains and waiting for the seeds being sent from my safe location). Unfortunately I didn't have room left in the ground in my garden, however, I am planning on throwing em in buckets, hopefully they'll do great. I'm gonna keep a written journal on them (I get to use the internet maybe once a month where I'm at so it'd be tough to keep an online journal. I decided to save 5 of the beans for next year because I wasn't sure how big these guys would get being started sooo late, although that is cool to know next season you'll be sending out ND IBL (god willing :smile:). I'll be sure to let you know how these turn out man, thanks again!

Good to hear from you. Glad that you got a few of these going even though they are started so late as seedlings. I am glad that you saved some for next season. I will have the Northern Dream IBL secure by then so it would be nice to see them grown side by side and if other people can see the differences.

I am also going to be working really hard on the Arizona Iced Tea and I will get you those next season also.

D

dongle69

Is this a tribute to the Northern Dreams that was floating around Humboldt in the late 80's?

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this a tribute to the Northern Dreams that was floating around Humboldt in the late 80's?

I would of been in Elementery School in the late 80's so I didn't know there was a strain called Northern Dreams in my area up here in the hills around that time. I was however informed in this thread that there was a Northern Dream (minus the s) from Overseas around that time. But no this isn't a tribute or any relation to either of those plants? Was that plant from back in the late 80's good?

Momerath

Good to hear from you. Glad that you got a few of these going even though they are started so late as seedlings. I am glad that you saved some for next season. I will have the Northern Dream IBL secure by then so it would be nice to see them grown side by side and if other people can see the differences.

I am also going to be working really hard on the Arizona Iced Tea and I will get you those next season also.

Yeah I'm excited to see what these babies can do when started on time and put in the ground in may. And I'd love to do a side-by-side with these beans and the IBL to see what kinda differences we can notice. I love hobbies like this :joint:
And :woohoo: to getting some arizona iced tea beans, you can bet they'll have a spot right next to the ND and ND IBL :laughing:
Next season is looking like I wont have to buy any seeds lol between your strains and the strains I'm working on I should have more than I can handle. I'm working on a few different hybrids myself, maybe I'll be able to start sending off tester beans by next year as well :headbange

D

dongle69

Was that plant from back in the late 80's good?
Yes, it was pretty sweet.
It was also a NL cross that knocked me on my ass.
A buddy of mine used to throw me clones of it frequently.
It was Northern Dreams with an "s."
It is tough to come up with new names since there has been so much grown through the ages.
Kinda like naming a band, but harder maybe.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I'm excited to see what these babies can do when started on time and put in the ground in may. And I'd love to do a side-by-side with these beans and the IBL to see what kinda differences we can notice. I love hobbies like this :joint:
And :woohoo: to getting some arizona iced tea beans, you can bet they'll have a spot right next to the ND and ND IBL :laughing:
Next season is looking like I wont have to buy any seeds lol between your strains and the strains I'm working on I should have more than I can handle. I'm working on a few different hybrids myself, maybe I'll be able to start sending off tester beans by next year as well :headbange

Nice to hear from you. I hope the ones that you put out late are doing o.k.? Yeah ARIZONA ICED TEA has sparked a lot of Sativa lovers attention, while Northern Dreams has the Indica lovers and grower who want HUGE YIELDS buzzing. Both are great.

I will get you both next year and a few other things too. I know your not online much but keep us all informed how things are going. I would like to try some of your gear in the future also.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, it was pretty sweet.
It was also a NL cross that knocked me on my ass.
A buddy of mine used to throw me clones of it frequently.
It was Northern Dreams with an "s."
It is tough to come up with new names since there has been so much grown through the ages.
Kinda like naming a band, but harder maybe.

I will have to ask some of the oldtimers around Branscomb about it. I like the Northern Lights #2. A buddy of mine is doing work with Northern Lights #5 and I don't know if it is just me, but it seems plain, just plain taste and a plain high. It kinda reminds me of Big Bud or Critical Mass. Now Northern Lights #2 is like smoking a good Sativa. You know like a Good Thai high or a Good Mexican (real old school Mexican, not this hybrid stuff) high.

And yeah names are very hard to come up with. I got some new things in the works with great names. Wait until the world gets a load of POMO PRIDE, named after the Pomo Indian Tribe.

MrGiggleBush

first of all, very nice work. good luck w ur projects hope they all work out for you. so far it sounds like youve got some very good material to work with.

im still new to the scene, and i was wondering, other than seedbay, how do people go about trading/gifting seeds?

im not familiar with seedbay, nor do i think it is safe to use where i live, but correct me if im wrong, do people just send seeds to another growers house that they met on the internet????

this doesnt seem all that safe or wise but if there is some method or precautions people use to ensure their privacy i would appreciate any info on the seed trading ediqeute...

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
first of all, very nice work. good luck w ur projects hope they all work out for you. so far it sounds like youve got some very good material to work with.

im still new to the scene, and i was wondering, other than seedbay, how do people go about trading/gifting seeds?

im not familiar with seedbay, nor do i think it is safe to use where i live, but correct me if im wrong, do people just send seeds to another growers house that they met on the internet????

this doesnt seem all that safe or wise but if there is some method or precautions people use to ensure their privacy i would appreciate any info on the seed trading ediqeute...

Mailing Seeds in the good ole U.S.A is not legal.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those that had interest in what the "Arizona Iced Tea" strain that I created looks like in Veg, I have a photo in my gallery now.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pomo pride sounds neat. Any pics?

I will have some in the next month or so. I think this will be spread around a lot within Mendocino and will be a plant that everyone in the area has a least one of in their outdoor next season.

sneakinman13

Veteran
honestly I find northern lights and crosses of a little on the bland side if things, just me tho, if your looking for fame NL aint going to cut it, its been done to death IMO good luck tho :)

man..
idk if you grew out the same northern i did.
i had one of those most insaine plants ever from a female seeds northern lights.
that still to this day tops most of what ive grown..
and ive grown all kinds of top notch shit....
including cuts from cali that where insaine!

but of all the northern i grew i only had one plant that was on that level.. so maybe i got lucky...
anyhow

northern dream sounds nice.
i like those kinds of highs!:joint:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like those kinds of highs!:joint:

Yeah I waiting on some people who started some beans for this years outdoor to chime in when the grows are done and let everyone know how it went? If some people with indoor set ups would of run them then we most likely would of had a harvest and some dried and cured smoke reports from them by now.

October for this thread should be a good time. :joint:

sneakinman13

Veteran
Yeah I waiting on some people who started some beans for this years outdoor to chime in when the grows are done and let everyone know how it went? If some people with indoor set ups would of run them then we most likely would of had a harvest and some dried and cured smoke reports from them by now.

October for this thread should be a good time. :joint:

i would be a great tester! :joint::joint::joint:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a guy from the site get back to me in the PM's about his NORTHERN DREAMS gorilla grow. While deer destroyed the unattended plants, they reached 4 Ft and were very Branchy. I guess out of 5 plants the deer only left him "1" single top bud. I am waiting to see if he harvested it and smoked it. Hopefully if he did he will chime in on how the smoke was and how it tasted?

I know that if he put them in late May and they were 4 Ft and very Branchy while being totally unattended, I am pretty much at where I need to be growth structure wise to get them out as "FREEBIES". We already know the POTENCY was there.

Latest posts

Latest posts