What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Moloka'i Frost thread and more...:)

G

There was some hawaian floating around my area a few years ago that was absolutely superb. Unfortunately there were no seeds available, I would love to get ahold of that hawain herb again.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

aloha guys, mahalo for posting on the thread....the Frost is good herb, but i don't know anyone who can grow enough of it to sell....there are many other more commercially available strains that are phatter, and larger, and put off more weight, but for me it's all in the qaulity, and the Frost is some of the best weed i have smoked, and i have done many of the elites....aloha

anywhoo....i am putting those last two pots of Frost out today.....i should be seeing some male action soon....i started a bunch of seeds that i got from friends, some real good shit, and many are dying right now??...i know it is because i have mites, most people would shit themselves here to get those seeds.....BUT....in truth....i always get sidetracked......i have many Frost seeds i want to go through, but always end up putting them on the back burner....not now....i have about four different packs of Frost to choose from, so i will soon move to the next bag, and start up about 20-30 beans....i want it to be a Frosty summer.....ok....take it easy on this beautiful sunday everyone......and go steelers.....:D

TheFlyinHaWyn!

ok...finally able to upload pix....the first pix is of the two Frosts in one pot....the plant on the left is female, the other one i don't know yet

the second pix is the same as the one posted before....i think this one is a male, and it has a nice xmas tree shape...i might use him to breed....well see though....

and here's that other shit i started....all good shit, but always gets me sidetracked...:).....i think the ones showing are Purple UrklexDeep Chunk and Purple Indica x Deep Chunk, and Deep Chunk, and og kush x trainwreck, and bubba x trainwreck, and the one in the bottom left corner is a (chemdog '91xbubbabx3)xchemdog #4.....most of these are withering....but most of those beans went to a good non-online friend who is going to search for something special.....i am looking forward to cleaning out my veg cab and starting more Frost for this next outdo long season....alright everyone......aaaaaaaaaaaaloha!!!!

G

So the frost can hold its own with the elite cuttings? I would be interested in learning more about these hawaiian varietys. Looking forward to the continuation of this thread, I will pull up a chair if you dont mind.

Ganico

Veteran
Man, with all due respect, those "elite cuttings" ain't shit to a rare line like a pure hawaiian, in any sense.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

hey trinity, i don't mean to start a shitfest, because everyone has their own idea of what is elite, and what is just pretty good weed....i think the Frost can hold it's own with most weeds....these are my own feelings...everyone has a different type of physiology, and tastes of things they like....i have pretty much kept the Frost this long because of how it affects me, and pretty much because not many people are growing this strain, whereas many people are growing the elites.....out of all the elites i have tried, i would say that bubba and OG are right at the top....i haven't tried the chemdog lines, but i have had the ECSD, and i liked it....shit i liked them all.....i guess what i am trying to say is that the Frost fits me more than any of those other strains....although i really liked that bubba....but i lost that one....oh well, :D i also like the fact that i can still search for better phenotypes within the strain....i have varied my breeding with the strain enough that there will many more generations of genetic variability to come to allow me to continually be choosing different kickass characteristics that i like in the strain....how many elites can say that they can do that...all of the offsprign of the elites comes from the one plant, while i have a hundred different Frosts to choose from should i want to do so.....:)...sorry for the rant, just clarifying myself.....i wouldn't turn down a joint of any weed....unless it was really bad, so maybe i am not the bestess judge on these things :)

Ganico...mahalo for the comments...it's all good brother...i like the elites, but i love the Frost...soo that is the difference for me...aloha bro!!

ok, so i just got done with a joint of that SchromFrost, and even though it was still a little wet, i got stoned, which is good....i didn't get the taste i wanted yet, and there is not enough to cure, so i'll probably just shelve the rest of my SchromFrost seeds, and continue with the pure Frost....i like the Frost....:)....i am looking forward to tasting that lavendar we just cut.....here's a picture of the lavendar in veg....with the mites....lol

and here's a couple of elites that i still have hanging around the shack.....allbert walker first, and the socal catpiss next....i like them both, but the AW is a bitch to grow and get good, while the catpiss indoors makes fat thick colas, and outside not so much....but the taste on the outside is waaaay better than inside for me....sooo much sweeter....and that is why she is still around.......looking forward to smoking a phattie of this plant when she's done.....alright everyone....aloha, and mele kalikimaka!

Albert Walker

SoCal Catpiss

TheFlyinHaWyn!

oh, and the steelers lost, what a bummer...lol...at least new england is my second favorite team..:D..****ing moss is awesome!!...aloha!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

alright...i just put out those small mamma frosts clones, and a couple of lavendars that weren't looking too good.....outside....they were pretty much mite infested, and so i put them next to a pot of frost seedlings that haven't declared yet...they withstood the winds and hard rain, and hopefully at least one will be male, and i can make some seed on all of them.....i am hoping to clean out my veg cab soon....i am just going to bug bomb the shit out of the cab, then i can start up some new frost seeds....alright everyone...good night, and stay safe!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

well that schrom frost was actually better than i first expected....the schrom smell and taste was definitely in there....lol....i'm puffing on some lavendar right now....and i can certainly taste the difference between the two...this lavendar is nothing special it seems....too bad....also too bad that like a third of the plant was moldy when we trimmed....fook....lucky thing this shit grows on trees :D kinda disappointed with the rain right now....its moving everything quicker than i'd like....but oh ****ing well....this smoke is for me.....alright....i just wanted to talk about that a little....i can't wait to get that catpiss out....she is definitely some tastey shit outdo....ok peeps....aloha....and mele kalikimaka!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

alriighty then....no males yet off of any of the Frosts i put outside....and i think i have a handle on the shit/mites indo, so i decided to start more Frost....people been getting busted around here lately (my present area) so i might lay low for a little while....i probably won't be posting anymore pics for little while...in fact i was reading a part of the TOU here, and i think i am not suppossed to be advertising the fact that i am making seed to give out freely.....sooooo.....here is a hint, if anyone is interested....when yous guys sees mees sayings thats mys shits is finished, drops mes a PMs....lol....alright was that covert enough?....i know that i will get some seed this round, but i am also definitely planning to get some seed from my next cycle of Frosts....i started many frost seeds this time.....ok, aloha, and Go Hawai'i, beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.....lol....:D

TheFlyinHaWyn!

well, there were no true males this round that i could use...the true males were too difficult to keep and were pulled, and most plants in the last cycle that i started turned hermie....we have had many bad days of weather, and i suspect that had something to do with it, as i have heard many bad stories recently about people's grows...sooooo...back to the drawing board....luckily, two frosts that are close by are actually true females, and look pretty good, at least i get to smoke some of that :D sooo to all of you Frost heads out there...good luck with your searches...hehe...i am not sure when i can come back and actually finish this thread off, lol aloha all!

HarryNugz

Aloha TFH, i've been away due to a virus on my computer but glad to be back and find a whole new frost thred! The Molokai Frost is still at the top of my favorites list. I'm in on this new grow for sure. I've got a new camera and look forward to 08's grows. Can't wait to see your selections and grow out of the frost. Take care and safe, prosperous growing for da 08 season.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

aloha brother harry, my old friend, i hope life is finding you well right now...i am glad to have you on this thread, as i have been to have you on my other frost threads....:D....i hope to make more seed, as i am beginning to run lower on my frost seeds...so i just started a whole bunch, and i am sure that i will find some true males and females in there.....here are some pix of those two frosts i have going...these are the last from the first batch that didn't hermie...they are both female, and should be done soon....kind of small, but it is short season after all.....alright brother, good to hear from you.....aloha!!

Moloka'i Frost

RoastedO

Those Frosts sure are looking beautiful TFH!! Aloha and :respect:
I went to a friends house this evening and they told me a wonderful story about Molokai, then proceeded to smoke a small nug from there they had been saving to show me.. It was unreal bro!! All I took was 1 toke.. spicy, almost Hazy but just deep delicious dank... my face got all warm and I felt like a warm blanket had been pulled over me.. 1 toke did that.. & I smoke very heavily..The people that had it said they liked it but it was almost too strong for them :D.. :joint: .. I know I have some pretty good gear but whenever I am blessed enough to see true Island grown Island strains I am humbled and amazed.. Just had to share my little Molokai story with ya.
Stay elevated bro..

All the best,
RO

TheFlyinHaWyn!

nice story brother RO...i enjoy hearing about HI weed still lighting people up....with the Ksuh and other elites craziness going on, it's still nice to see that people still enjoy some island weed....:D....aloha brother...i'm smoking this joint of Frost right now for you!! :D

ok, so i took down the two small frosts about a week ago, got about a 1/2 oz dry...not weighty, but i am glad to have this small amount....wait till long season....these will just be the bottom branches :D

ok...so i took some pix before i cut....not after though...and i am probably only going to put one more set of pictures up, and after that, it will probably be mostly and informational type thing here, with me answering questions about her, and letting everyone know how the growing is going with the new seedlings/small plants......:)

the taste is still there, and the stone is ever so pleasant...i like it immensly better than the stuff i am buying for real cheap....i am saving some for a concert coming up....and a little time to dry better...then all gone until this next cycle i put out comes in....:)....enough talk...more pix....enjoy....aloha kakou!!

HarryNugz

sweet pics my friend! when does the long season officially start? i'm hopefully going to be ready come spring to get things rolling along. i enjoy all the stories i read about island experiences. gives me some inspiration to take my annual trip out that way. peace and safe growing to all the frosters.