What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vermicompost tea/ACT Foliar in hydro

Speed of green

I have been using jacks professional 5-12-26 for several years and i am very happy with the product.

Some of my plants are in PPK systems, some are in 10gal pots of pure coco.

My last harvest i ran into some small mold issues around week 7, even with my IPM regiment, low humidity, etc...

I plant to monitor my BRIX levels during the next grow to get a baseline, but i have a sinking feeling that the synthetic nutrients i am using do not reinforce the plants natural immune system.

SO my question is: Will applying a compost tea foliar to my plants cause any detrimental effect on the plant due to two different types of nutrient? synthetic jacks/ organic compost tea?

Im trying to find a way to boost the plants immune system, any other ideas?

Thanks for reading!

JJ Lowe

I’ve been using the jacks for a bit as well, great stuff. I recently switched up from pure coco to using the tupar from royal gold. It has some added organic material in it that my plants seem to like. I may experiment with other organic additives in small amounts next few runs.
What type of mold issues were you having?

Speed of green

bud rot, mainly one strain in particular. Im going to give it a shot and foliar some plants with the ACT and some without then test their BRIX levels.

Ill post results and pictures here.

Latest posts

Latest posts