What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Great White (beneficial bacteria and fungi)

BEEFQUAKE

Does anyone have experience with Great White? It was suggested to me by my local grow shop and I've never used anything like this. Have you seen any noticable difference? If I premix a large amount in water how long is it's shelf life? Just looking for the pros and cons from a community I trust.

troutman

Seed Whore
I just received my second 1 oz container of Great White today. :)

The four organisms below that I placed in bright green lettering are
good for controlling botrytis according to research I did. Some of the
others maybe as well. I haven't checked what they all do yet.

Ingredients:

Endomycorrhiza:

Glomus aggregatum – 83 props per gram
Glomus intraradices – 83 props per gram
Glomus mosseae – 83 props per gram
Glomus etunicatum – 83 props per gram
Glomus clarum – 11 props per gram
Glomus monosporum – 11 props per gram
Paraglomus brazilianum – 11 props per gram
Glomus deserticola – 11 props per gram
Gigaspora margarita – 11 props per gram

Ectomycorrhiza:

Pisolithus tinctorious – 187,875 propagules per gram
Rhizopogon luteolus – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon fulvigleba – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon villosullus – 5,219 props per gram
Rhizopogon amylopogon – 5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma citrinum – 5,219 props per gram
Scleroderma cepa – 5,219 props per gram

Bacteria:

Azotobacter chroococcum – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus subtilis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram (main ingredient in Serenade)
Bacillus licheniformis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus azotoformans – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus megaterium – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus coagulans – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus pumilus – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus thuringiensis – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus durum – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Paenibacillus polymyxa – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Saccharomyces cerevisiae – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas aureofaciens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram
Pseudomonas fluorescens – 525,000 CFU’s per gram

Trichoderma koningii - 187,875 CFU’s per gram
Trichoderma harzianum - 125,250 CFU’s per gram

I don't use only it on my indoor plants.

I add some to my worm bin to enhance soil building and my guerilla spots.

To use indoors, I add a little powder to a liter of water that has been sitting
around for a few days to remove the chlorine, stir and then apply.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I've never used Great White specifically, but I very much like Mycorrhizae in general! A bunch of premixed soils will have some inoculated in it and I also picked up some specifically to mix into my outdoor soil. That seems like it has a lot more stuff in it than just Mycorrhizae though! I'll have to get a bag to check it out.

BEEFQUAKE

Lots of good information guys. Today was my first time introducing it to my grow along with some root booster also, so I'm interested in seeing the results.

Granger2

Veteran
When buying any innoculants, always check exp. date. Don't be BS'd by grow store sales people. If date is expired, don't buy it, and call that to the attention of sales people. Good luck. -granger

troutman

Seed Whore
I just looked at my bottle and found the expiry date underneath the bottom.

Mine says 5-15-21 so it's good for a little while. :woohoo:

I'll be getting a 4 oz or 8 oz container this Fall to inoculate my guerilla patch when it starts raining.

BEEFQUAKE

I'm still a relatively new growers so I'm sure I'll have trouble identifying the benefits and results. Are there any signs I should be looking for to determine if the plants are utilizing it?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm still a relatively new growers so I'm sure I'll have trouble identifying the benefits and results. Are there any signs I should be looking for to determine if the plants are utilizing it?
Myco is all about root growth, you can't really prove anything till the end of the grow and check the roots. If you want a straight up comparison you will need to grow a plant in the myco and another without. If your plants look healthy and lush and seem to have a great root network, it's probably working :)

Absolutely love this stuff. I've used it for a couple of seasons and it really does have a dramatic effects on my plants' roots and growth. I really love it but my only complaint is how pricey it is. You'll burn $30-100 worth of it every grow in hydro. But is worth it.

I've tried using cheaper Myco companies my last few seasons but nothing works as well in my experience. If any of you have found a cheaper alternative that works as well, I'd love to know.

The Joker1

Treating Botrytis with Regalia for the win. Cheaper and easier than great white. Drench or foliar. Jury is out on all these mycchos for a short time as you have growing in a pot. I can tell you that on my property, it's taken YEARS to get the soil to have a healthy colony of mycchos and bacteria. Number one factor was thick mulch to keep the soil moist. The other factor was adding organic ferts with mycchos every time I added a new plant and also top dressing with compost and chicken manure. My soil was dead, no worms, over ferted and it took adding 4 yards of topsoil, mixing it in and years of top dressing and adding food with mycchos to see healthy soil return.
Maybe if you are a grower who uses no till indoors in huge beds for a few years ... sure.

I stopped using mycchos and saw NO difference in root health. What really got my plants healthy recently was good ph. I'm using up the rest of my OG Tea on my outdoor plants (tomatoes , jalapeños etc) as it's more of a pain in the ass. Someone I thought was my friend highly recommended two pain in the ass products that didn't help: Lazarus and OG Tea Veganic Special Sauce. For a few weeks veg and 8-10 weeks of flower, you are not going to see much difference. I'm just trying to use them up to save storage space as there was no difference in plants grown with or without. For foliar the plants love teas, but adding them to your roots... not worth it.

Outdoors in raised bed gardens or in my front and back yard landscaping, it's a help, but takes a long time and more than anything... mulch. It's nice to turn the soil and see white webbing through out. Disturb it as little as possible. I've never seen a pot have the webbing that I see outdoors in the ground. These products are pricey and I don't think they work as well as advertised used only for a few months in a confined space.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I used to use it indoors on a lot of grows....I like it. Seems to help a lot the plants get bigger. Also liked plant success indoors in was REALLY good. I'm doing a outdoor grow this yr and using Mykos. But to answer the ??? I'd use the hell outta Great White it's good stuff

It is interesting some people are reporting in saying they didn't notice a difference. Maybe it's a difference in grow methods? I grow in DWCs and I saw noticeable improvements in root health and strength. I thought my plants did noticeably and impressively better with Great White. But the price tag is so much, I've been messing with cheaper brands of mycos but haven't achieved the same results.

I'm not sure. As with everything on the internet, take my words with a grain of salt. But for a DWC grower who doesn't do a lot of res changes, I was impressed with it.

SaToRi_GrOwS

Great white is awesome, I have used it non stop for the past 7 years or so it is one of the things that really changed the game for me. I use it all the way into 2 week of flower at one half to one full scoop of it per gallon once a week. I dust transplant holes with full scoops. I've also rolled clone ends in great white and rooted and I also add it to my water while rooting clones. I just stop in flower once I see nugs and start feeding it molasses at 40ml a gal until flush instead of the great white.

HHILL

I think people with “dead” soil will see benefits using GW.... but like someone mentioned already they didn’t notice results with GW because their soil is “alive” with micros and there isn’t any benefit when all the micros are there already.

Another alternative is Dragonfly Earth Medicine, it has all the micros plus a bunch more benefits versus GW. Check out Lush Roots, Verdant Green and Fat Flowers. It is pricy too, but a little goes along way and having a living soil is where it’s at.

SaToRi_GrOwS

I think with living soil it probably helps but harder to see a change if you already have a good living soil. When I use it on my organic outdoor I notice less of a dif than with my indoor Coco grow but I know it has to only be helping out as long as it's not passed it's date. If you already grow healthy plant it's obviously not going to be as noticable than with a person who has been lacking. But no way it does nothing. D.E.M is the shit though!! One of the best out there IMO

DonFKennedy

Hydro shop guy told me he checked the ingredients and MykosWP is the same ingredient for ingredient as Great White and WAAAAY cheaper. I’ve ran it this run and the plants look good... so whatever... we’ll see.. I haven’t compared myself yet

Here’s a pic...

Attachments

• FEE27402-A8F6-4BD2-92E7-0541AEDDC568.jpg
    FEE27402-A8F6-4BD2-92E7-0541AEDDC568.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 53

SaToRi_GrOwS

Hydro shop guy told me he checked the ingredients and MykosWP is the same ingredient for ingredient as Great White and WAAAAY cheaper. I’ve ran it this run and the plants look good... so whatever... we’ll see.. I haven’t compared myself yet

Here’s a pic...
might have some of the same but not as much per teaspoon or whatever but I've also used mykos and it works well so whichever way u go it's going to be better than not using either of them

troutman

Seed Whore
Another thing, it's best to grow 100% organically with myco products.

I just sprinkled a little more in my worm bin.

therevverend

Veteran
A friend of mine shared some with me I used it this year. There's too many other factors to single out the Great White alone but I've had the healthiest, most vigorous root systems ever. Which has contributed to crazy rates of plant growth. Got to think the GW played a role.