What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Governer for 2018

so which one of these crooks are more aligned with the cannabis movement?
i see schutte trying everything in is power to stop recerational use when it passes in November.
and Whitmer, never heard of her.
but a democratic female?....again?havent we learned anything?

OPinions? who is getting our votes?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I don't know anything about her either. But I agree. Schuette will do all in his power to obstruct recreational, should it pass. Even if he doesn't win the governorship; but I think he will.

But a Republican male? ...again? Haven't we learned anything?

Time to read up on Whitmer. And where she stands. We know there are no gray areas with where Schuette stands. He is not and will not be an ally. Perhaps she would be?

yardgrazer

Looks to me like she's not made actively positive statements, but she hasn't expressed opposition. She said she expects it will come to pass, and she wants to ensure legalization is enacted in a way that keeps legal pot out of the hands of kids, and that the money goes to it's intended purposes. Like I said, not entirely positive, but not negative either.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm not from Michigan, but I wish you luck with your next governor...

However, in my long life I've discovered, if what you hear from your politician isn't entirely positive, you can pretty much count on it being negative...