What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter looks a bit blotchy?

H

Hoatzin

Hello,

I have only made cannabutter a handful of time in the past and when i did i used trim.
I simmered it with butter for a few hours and it worked out well.

This time i tried something a little different but i'm not sure it worked properly.

I melted the butter in simmering water as usual but instead of putting trimmings in, i crumbled some pressed hash into the butter and then simmered it for a few hours, as usual.

The result looks a little funny though.... the butter has some blotchy hash colored patterns through it, it looks like it didn't blend the same as usual.

Does anyone have experience with this? Will it be ok, or does it need to be simmered for longer?

Danielloveschoc

If you can heat it up again, low temp, and whip it up, that should get everything all mixed together nicely

As well as this being true it would also be worth straining ( im not sure you mentioned doing this) once it's remelted .... to get any pieces of hash out

Hope that helps - good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts