What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro FC6500 vs Gavita 1700E

Hey all I was just about to purchase the
Gavita 1700E, and then I saw the new
Mars Hydro FC 6500. I have never owned an LED before, but they would seem about
the same in output. The Mars doesn't charge you $450 just to dim the light, and has a
far more attractive price, but only 3 year
warranty vs Gavita 5 yr. Can any of you Led users chime in here? It would appear the
Mars is a much better deal, but Gavita is
well proven for sure

Koondense

Veteran
There are a lot of very similar lights inside that price range, they share a similar design and output, so the only question where do you get more for your money and which brand to support(trust) and which ones are easier to buy from where you're sitting :)

Cheers

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The Mars doesn't charge you $450 just to dim the light, and has a
warranty vs Gavita 5 yr. Can any of you Led users chime in here? It would appear the
well proven for sure

check out the mars '3' year warr- they cover u for '1' year (but u pay the shipping to them),after a year you pay round trip shipping , u pay repair charges and 'handling charges' (whatever the fuk that means) , they pay for the components - typical chinese BULLSHIT..

i don't know the specifics of the gavita warr, so read all the fine print..

Well with Gavita 15 % of the diodes have to go out before they replace anything, so I
would say both companies warranty is not
great. Thanks for the reply guys, hopefully
others will share their opinion also.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know someone that had issues with Mars warranty. I do have a mars sp-250 I used for seedlings. I wanted to test Mars 6500 but it wasn't available.

Growers Choice 680/720, Lux led pro, HLG Diablo 650 are my top 3.. Gavita is way to expensive and not easy to get fixed IMO.. Any of these are killer leds.. All have excellent warranties. Growers Choice has excellent customer service. They will take care of you !. I use the GC 420 for my males. The HLG 320 is used as supplemental in my flower room. Its a super brite LED that I built with different HLG boards..

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hey all I was just about to purchase the
Gavita 1700E, and then I saw the new
Mars Hydro FC 6500. I have never owned an LED before, but they would seem about
the same in output. The Mars doesn't charge you $450 just to dim the light, and has a
well proven for sure

The FC6500 is the best light we have for now. It is made by samsung and osram chip. And the light is dimmable. It can replace 1000W HPS light. :)
In terms of the warranty. It is hard to say if the design will be out of style after 3 years later. Maybe there will be better light design then. So we think 5 years is not a must. ;)

You can order the FC6500 from our website directly: https://bit.ly/30DesD0 Coupon code"ICMAG" can help you save some money there. :biggrin:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I know someone that had issues with Mars warranty. I do have a mars sp-250 I used for seedlings. I wanted to test Mars 6500 but it wasn't available.

Growers Choice 680/720, Lux led pro, HLG Diablo 650 are my top 3.. Gavita is way to expensive and not easy to get fixed IMO.. Any of these are killer leds.. All have excellent warranties. Growers Choice has excellent customer service. They will take care of you !. I use the GC 420 for my males. The HLG 320 is used as supplemental in my flower room. Its a super brite LED.

I totally agree on the Growers Choice ROI e680. Can you daisy chain in a supplement light to the e680? The open frame design lends itself to that IMO.

I got mine from these guys, and they are great to deal with. My 680s were $810 ea, shipped.

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/growers-choice-roi-680-led

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hellfire

HLG pretty much smashes every other brand on price point and quality. Shame we don't have a vendor forum for them here. The new scorpion boards are tits. I would take HLG over the overpriced Gavita or Fluence or the chinese bullshit any day.

DunHav`nFun

HLG pretty much smashes every other brand on price point and quality. Shame we don't have a vendor forum for them here. The new scorpion boards are tits. I would take HLG over the overpriced Gavita or Fluence or the chinese bullshit any day.
It really shouldn`t matter about "where" components are assembled Hellfire , especially since it`s ALL Chinese bullshit as you say .....Unless I`m wrong , HLG buys their shit and has their label/logo stamped on said units once again , from China.....Chinese bullshit....

It`s ALL Samsung and Meanwell shit that`s top of the line , and although Alibaba has 100`s of mfgr.s that`ll even stamp your logo on units for min 50 pc orders , at the end of the day , it`s still all Chinese bullshit.....just happens to be top shelf quality so there you go......now.....

You can find Gavita and Growers Choice EXACT look a likes with Samsung diodes and meanwell drivers for less than 1/2 of what the retailers want price wise , but with no name drivers the prices drop as low as 299 for 1 unit , but shipping varies so Caveat Emptor/let the buyer beware....The ONLY reason I`m so well versed at the moment is from the research I`ve done for my lil headies spot since it`s a personal grow with no return on investment , so my tight old ass wants the best price for the same shit without the sales and retail hype and fluff.....and I found many different prices for the same shit , so again be careful.....that said......

I like the light bar fixtures like Gavita`s and all the knockoffs portray , but I need 2 smaller units to raise and lower as needed for a lil perpetual move in and move out setup , especially since they cover a larger footprint than the quantum boards , but I can`t find any with the NEW LM301H/Horticulture diodes combined with the HLG 320 Meanwell driver w/dimmer for a decent price just for a headies setup so......

I found the Quantum board 288 V3 fixtures that`re only like 8" wide and 37" long , but it`s 3 boards on each fixture with 320 watt Meanwell drivers w/dimmers , so 864 diodes with the Osram chips added as well , so 1728 diodes for 4.5 x 4.5 ' sq ft area puts out a full 640 watts and only costs 215 bucks a piece delivered to the door.....Takes a couple weeks from China , but the place has been in biz as a lighting mfgr for 17 years , so I`m good with readin till my eyes bleed to save as much as I have.....

Hellfire.....Samsung "H" chips/diodes and Meanwell drivers.....that`s where it`s at....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
[QUYand I found mOTE=DunHav`nFun;9093889]

I found the Quantum board 288 V3 fixtures that`re only like 8" wide and 37" long , but it`s 3 boards on each fixture with 320 watt Meanwell drivers w/dimmers , so 864 diodes with the Osram chips added as well , so 1728 diodes for 4.5 x 4.5 ' sq ft area puts out a full 640 watts and only costs 215 bucks a piece delivered to the door.....Takes a couple weeks from China , but the place has been in biz as a lighting mfgr for 17 years , so I`m good with readin till my eyes bleed to save as much as I have.....Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......[/QUOTE]

hey can u give some info where to purchase - my tent is 4x3.5ft, n i have '2' 315 cmh n its tooo warm ... at 215bucks , even 300, i'd make the switch to led's.... but my budget is tight...

DunHav`nFun

Hey Zach.....No link but put in search 320 watt led grow lights with Samsung lm 301 H diodes and meanwell drivers , and then go look at "estares" ad with the 3 panel quantum board and HLG 320 driver.....

176 bucks with 45 +/- shipping....The 240`s were like 136 bucks thereabouts.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Growers Choice 680/720, Lux led pro, HLG Diablo 650 are my top 3.. Gavita is way to expensive and not easy to get fixed IMO.. Any of these are killer leds.. All have excellent warranties. Growers Choice has excellent customer service. They will take care of you !. I use the GC 420 for my males. The HLG 320 is used as supplemental in my flower room. Its a super brite LED that I built with different HLG boards..

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Hey Zach.....No link but put in search 320 watt led grow lights with samsung lm 301 H diodes and meanwell drivers , and then go look at "estares" ad with the 3 panel quantum board and HLG 320 driver...S..
176 bucks with 45 +/- shipping....The 240`s were like 136 bucks thereabouts.....Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

hey thanks for the info - where is the 'estares' ad... can't find it ... i went on to alibaba and searched for samsung lm301h + meanwell drivers , and holy $hit there are tons of ad's... but which one to buy??

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A couple of 320s might be nice for a 1.2
I like the 240s as I work per meter. The 240 driver is mass produced and seems to offer a saving over the less common 320. KB will sell you a 240 for $100 but not a 320 for $150. Nor a 480 for $200. The 240 is the sweet spot.

It may not be a concern, but I like the smaller lights as it is easier to find boxes that hold them, and they don't fall straight through if dropped. 320 is manageable though.

Bmac1

Veteran
hey thanks for the info - where is the 'estares' ad... can't find it ... i went on to alibaba and searched for samsung lm301h + meanwell drivers , and holy $hit there are tons of ad's... but which one to buy??

Search Kingbrite.

If you want the bar/gavita style, check out the Hortibloom lights.

DunHav`nFun

Read till my eyes bled there`s so damn many different mfgrs as well as all the different lights they sell , and that`s why I said let the buyer beware cuz they`re all the same shit more or less with faaar different prices higher and lower from the retail providers like ebay , amazon ,and such places as Hydro supply sites....anyways.....

Try this......estares 320w dimmable H series QB 288 and it should pull up.....it`s the 3 panel quantum board unit that says 176-192 bucks for price....just saw it to make sure so good luck and......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Latest posts

Latest posts