What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is the Win 7 bootable disc compatible with Win 10?

Adamshire

I have two computers with Windows 7 and Windows 10,i am going to burn iso to get a bootable DVD,What is my doubt:If i do this on Windows 7 computer,will the bootable DVD i get also work on Windows 10 computer?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Any boot disk will work with Windows, why don't you ditch dodgy Windows and go Ubuntu, it's free and way more stable?

RB56

Veteran
Making a bootable disk because you're having problems booting? Seems like making a bootable disk from the Windows 10 machine would be better since 10 is more likely to be able deal with 7 than is 7 is to deal with 10. If that's the case and you can't boot the Windows 10 machine, I like the Ubuntu bootable disk idea - may have tools that will do what you need.

Adamshire

Making a bootable disk because you're having problems booting? Seems like making a bootable disk from the Windows 10 machine would be better since 10 is more likely to be able deal with 7 than is 7 is to deal with 10. If that's the case and you can't boot the Windows 10 machine, I like the Ubuntu bootable disk idea - may have tools that will do what you need.
I tried to restart it with this disk, but it failed. My Windows 10 computer won't work.That's why I didn't create a boot disk on my Windows 10 computer.