What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain that smells like Catholic Church on Christmas

Bobbles

First, dont turn this into an anti religion/pro religion thread otherwise I will :spanky: ....

Anyhow, so if you have been to a catholic church on xmas they burn something that has a wicked aroma... There is a strain of Cannabis with this exact smell, does anyone know what it is?

Here is a list of stuff I have read on the internet that they may burn but I am not sure which smell I am trying to locate. I plan on locating all of these to smell and figure out which smell it is, however they aren't the easiest things to locate around me.

frankincense
myrrh (I think its this one)
sage (I dont think its this one)

:thank you:

Well you've done it now. You have unwittingly plopped yourself in the boat with Captain Ahab. Search for posts by Bigherb on here and Mr. (N)ice.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Any strain with haze that's any good u can find those smells ..as for how deep and strong the smell is strain dependent but I kno the smell and it's one of my favs also ..the strains u can start with would be

Jack herrer
Ssh
Nevils haze
Bubba Kush
Amnesia haze -- never smoked this on but I'm almost positive the smell is there

I would start there and progress to other strains

S

sweetestsin420

i doubt its sage,as i regularly burn sage incense.and it doesnt have a "christmas church smell"..itll most likely be frankincense or myrrh.as both of these were said to be gifted to jesus by the 3 wise men (and gold)...id look online for "incense".any good shop should have all these as options

Bobbles

To reply back:

1) I dont have a priest to call
2) Im searching through BigHerbs posts right now, all 10 pages lol
3) Thanks for list of strains, most of those I have smoked SSH, Jack Herer, Bubba Kush, all great strains but not what I am looking for or possibly a different pheno than what I have smoked.

Thanks for all the replies so far, that was fast! Searching through the net, quite a few people seem to be looking for this strain so I am going to make an effort to narrow down exactly what smell it is.

I plan on getting really blazed and going on an adventure to locate some frankincense and
myrrh.. Will report back.

For the love of God don't go down that road with Bigherb in the chase for "The Frankie". Never have I seen a more consuming obsession on the canna boards.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bht hogbreath, pre98 bubba kush, and rasberry kush will leave the room with that "fresh from mass" smell after being burned.
i love it....

BudToker

Veteran
Hey Bobbles

The strains: Church, Blue Danube, Pre98 and Kali Mist smell similar to what you are describing.

I've asked around and the RC's usually burn frankincense or a blend of 2 parts frankincense to 1 part myrrh during christmas mass.

I was recommended two types of frankincense:

Somalian Frankincense

Somalian%20Frankincense_thumb.JPG

A rich golden brown tree resin imported from Somalia that has a very powerful and vivid earthy aroma. For centuries, this ancient natural resin was used as incense for the Divine Services throughout the Byzantine Empire and all of Christendom.

-==link==-

Ethiopian Frankincense

Ethiopian%20Frankincense_thumb.JPG

Pure and natural frankincense imported from Ethiopia with hints of lemon and evergreen. The base for all of our fine varieties.

-==link==-

I'm interested in what you discover so please post your findings!

Good Luck,

-BT :smokeit:

touringfunkband

I know what your talking about, and when I had a pack just as you described I was told it was either hindu or master kush. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Bobbles

lol, why do I have a feeling Ill be searching for this pheno for the next decade....

I went through all 10 pages of BigHerbs posts and found this thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=232721

If you scroll down they have a picture of the exact "thing" the church used to burn "whatever". In that thread they said it was frankincense. Raco was the poster of the picture.

I dont know who BigHerb is but we have very similiar taste after going through his posts. He talked about mango haze which is up there on my all time fav's.

Thanks for replies everyone.

The smell I think ur talking about is acetate or incensole acetate (think nail polish remover or various industrial cleaning products and kind of like vineger) incensole acetate is a terpenoid in Frankincence, and it was announced by the FASEB journal, that frankincence resin itself is a psychoactive drug working on seritonin thru this terpenoid. the work was done by john hopkins university - http://www.fasebj.org/search?fulltext=frankincense&submit=yes&x=0&y=0

Anyway the strains you're looking for is NL#5xHaze...it is the classic church...let it ripen fully and a cure makes the taste less acidic like and more incense like

F

Fred el Gato

A freebie I got 2yrs ago (Roadrunner), tried one and Mama said it smelled and tasted like Xmas Mass, she'd know having had Nuns as teachers.
Grow on,Fred

B

bench warmer

A pheno of Connoisseur's SSSDH has a distinct smell frankincense mixed with a slight hint of curry plant. :dunno:
The aroma baffles most people at the dispensary but everyone loves it.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
So far I've seen + 4 for pre 98 bubba including myself ..and all of ur other suggestions have been good HAZES like I mentioned in my first post ..u must be after a distinct smell ..you rarely get one smell from a plant its always a mix. ..but if u smoked all those strains and u can't. Narrow down the smell it's gonna be hard ..good luck lol

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Ask the guys of Ace Seeds with their Oldtimers Haze.Amnesia Haze has some Frankincense aroma, but not that strong as the Purple Haze in the old times.

Keep on growing :)

Latest posts

Latest posts