Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > PLEASE HELP: What really makes good after burn smell & taste?

Thread Title Search
-
PLEASE HELP: What really makes good after burn smell & taste? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2018, 06:45 PM #1
Sativavina

Sativavina will become famous soon enoughSativavina will become famous soon enough
Post PLEASE HELP: What really makes good after burn smell & taste?

I have grown Super Lemon Haze from Greedhouseseed 2 times. I use General Hydroponics Flora Trio both time.
The 1st one got me big buds, not really sticky but smell is still good. After 10 days of drying and 4 weeks of proper curing, my buds still smell harshy and bitter taste AFTER BURN. The smell BEFORE BURN is still so good!
The 2nd one I did use Kool Bloom beside the GHs Trio. The smell of buds are remarkable increased both before and after curing. Unfortunately, the smell still was hay, harsh and the taste are still bitter. I dont know why my buds were so good with smell BEFORE BURN but AFTER BURN it feels like my weed is trash.
Both times the weed is potency, with low tolerance pppl, its really strong sativa high.

My biggest question is still why my weed did not smell good AFTER BURN, and Why they taste bitter AFTER BURN???
Please help me!
Sativavina is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 PM #2
Kygiacomo!!!
AppAlachiAn OutLaW

Kygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of lightKygiacomo!!! is a glorious beacon of light
could be that u dried it to long or cured it wrong. we have all make that mistake im sure.
Kygiacomo!!! is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 PM #3
810FireFarm

810FireFarm has a spectacular aura about810FireFarm has a spectacular aura about810FireFarm has a spectacular aura about810FireFarm has a spectacular aura about810FireFarm has a spectacular aura about
flush your medium before harvest
properly dry harvest
cure dried harvest

harsh tastes: fertilizers in plant, water in plant, chlorophyll and sugars in plant

Some plants just taste much better than others...that's part of the fun of finding your own gems by planting seeds
810FireFarm is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 02:55 AM #4
Sativavina

Sativavina will become famous soon enoughSativavina will become famous soon enough
Thank you guys!
I did flush for 10 days till 70% of the leaves turned yellow. I dry in a AC room, temp was around 19-21; RH was around 55-65. However, I just cured in mason jar for 7 days. Could it be General Hydroponic Flora Trio? May be this line of nutrients are designed for inorganic medium so that there were nutrients in the buds when we burn them?

Old 03-13-2018, 03:18 AM #5
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
Curing can be a long process. I just smoked a J earlier from some that has (only) been in the jars for a few months. Way better then shortly after harvest.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 03:30 AM #6
Sativavina

Thanks!
I know curing is a crucial process, but would it be the only reason to make my buds taste bitter? Should I change to Fox Farm nutes line? Is it right to state that Gh Flora Trio makes buds taste bitter after burn and inhale the smoke?

Old 03-13-2018, 03:34 AM #7
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Grow in a well built organic soil. Learn about senescence and allowing a plant to be the only thing that dictates what it eats. Chasing bottles and jumping ship from brand to brand only makes you a dependent consumer of something else.

Remove yourself from the equation and learn how to cultivate the proper environmental conditions surrounding the foliage and surrounding the root zone and by default the plant will grow itself to optimal potential.

The plant grows itself...always. We only present it with stimuli.

NOTHING tastes as good as soil grown, water only, organic cannabis.

dank.Frank
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:13 AM #8
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativavina View Post
Thanks!
I know curing is a crucial process, but would it be the only reason to make my buds taste bitter? Should I change to Fox Farm nutes line? Is it right to state that Gh Flora Trio makes buds taste bitter after burn and inhale the smoke?
I don't think the GH nutrients are the problem, but I think you said it- you're adding nutrients to nutrient-rich medium, and probably getting some kind of build up that ten days of flushing can't fix.

I thought the GH products were just for hydroponics. Anyway, better luck next try. I grow Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze, and it's one of my best, so get her dialed in.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 06:08 AM #9
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativavina View Post
I have grown Super Lemon Haze from Greedhouseseed 2 times. I use General Hydroponics Flora Trio both time.
The 1st one got me big buds, not really sticky but smell is still good. After 10 days of drying and 4 weeks of proper curing, my buds still smell harshy and bitter taste AFTER BURN. The smell BEFORE BURN is still so good!
The 2nd one I did use Kool Bloom beside the GHs Trio. The smell of buds are remarkable increased both before and after curing. Unfortunately, the smell still was hay, harsh and the taste are still bitter. I dont know why my buds were so good with smell BEFORE BURN but AFTER BURN it feels like my weed is trash.
Both times the weed is potency, with low tolerance pppl, its really strong sativa high.

My biggest question is still why my weed did not smell good AFTER BURN, and Why they taste bitter AFTER BURN???
Please help me!
you need the ALL BUD pheno Dawg! then you'll CRUSH it! Hard Mode!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

seriously grow organic but it's really about genetics if you're looking for something that will flavor a room like good cookies will.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 07:08 AM #10
Sativavina

Many thanks to Mr Dank.Frank; Jelly Fish and Chunkypics!
Im a newbie no more doubt. Thanks to learn from u guys!
The local market does not allow me to buy pro mix soil. However, with dank.Frank's advice, I'll try to find my own fomulated soil...seeking for quality organic products.