Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Great OutDoors > any other turkey hunters on here?

Thread Title Search
any other turkey hunters on here? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2018, 08:29 PM #51
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of light
Was driving by a field about 10 miles from where I live and saw 3 gobblers the other day. Really cool birds.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2018, 05:38 PM #52
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Talking

a week of 'bama turkey hunting over. saw 5 big gobblers, but heard no gobbling, called in 3 of them, but fired no shots. had great weather (besides the tornadoes and torrential rain), injured my foot, and was eaten alive by ticks. not bad for a week away from work.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 PM #53
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of light
"called them in"....."didn't shoot"....not big enough beard....?.....nothing worse than ticks......had my share running hounds for yr's........

at least ya got to get away for a time........
maybe Fall if they have season then...........
Mtn. Nectar is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 03:27 PM #54
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Damn hippy, I thought for sure you would get one. But a good hunt doesnt always end with meat in the pot. Or in my case antlers on the wall.

Sure you had a good time. Hope I can make it hunting gobblers this spring. Grow jail is a bitch. At these tickets there is no time off anymore. Though I do make sure my outs come in before 3rd season in Colorado....
Wendull C. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:54 AM #55
Stoner4Life
Medicinal Advocate

Stoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
a week of 'bama turkey hunting over. saw 5 big gobblers, but heard no gobbling, called in 3 of them, but fired no shots. had great weather (besides the tornadoes and torrential rain), injured my foot, and was eaten alive by ticks. not bad for a week away from work.
the invites out to join me for some ice fishing next year then, same time frame, can promise the only things biting will be walleye, perch, crappie, etc.......
Stoner4Life is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2018, 05:14 PM #56
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. Nectar View Post
"called them in"....."didn't shoot"....not big enough beard....?.....nothing worse than ticks......had my share running hounds for yr's........

at least ya got to get away for a time........
maybe Fall if they have season then...........
had them come in silent, from over my left shoulder every time. no way to turn & shoot; i quit trying to "quick-draw" on turkeys years ago, too many birds get wounded/lost that way. VERY long beards, all old turks. 'bamas population is down at moment like lots of other southern states. biologists are not sure what is causing it, bad spring weather after poults hatch or ??? their kill has gone from nearly 50k to under 20k in the last 5 years, a 60% drop...

Old 03-25-2018, 05:18 PM #57
armedoldhippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendull C. View Post
Damn hippy, I thought for sure you would get one. But a good hunt doesnt always end with meat in the pot. Or in my case antlers on the wall.

Sure you had a good time. Hope I can make it hunting gobblers this spring. Grow jail is a bitch. At these tickets there is no time off anymore. Though I do make sure my outs come in before 3rd season in Colorado....
"a good hunt doesn't always end with meat in the pot". truer words have never been spoken. TN season opens this saturday. "if" i can walk by then, it'll be "game on" once again! rest of states bird population has dropped just like everywhere else, but eastern end of state is still growing...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:55 PM #58
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of light
that's pretty drastic drop......ever tried with a bow....?

here in Cali it's the one game critter one can hunt during strut.......and they are everywhere......

best in TN hunt........
Mtn. Nectar is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2018, 06:10 PM #59
armedoldhippy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. Nectar View Post
that's pretty drastic drop......ever tried with a bow....?

here in Cali it's the one game critter one can hunt during strut.......and they are everywhere......

best in TN hunt........
yeah, i have TRIED hunting them with my recurves/longbows. missed all 13 shots i have taken. it is disheartening to realize exactly how much space there is around a turkey through which an arrow may pass that do not include any turkey whatsoever...

Old 04-01-2018, 05:20 AM #60
armedoldhippy

Angry

opening day has come & gone for me, nothing heard nor seen. a buddy took his wife & daughter with him. set up on a bird that gobbled (they counted, lol) over 200 times in the dark this morning. daylight arrives "BOOM!" some trespassing dickhead crawled up under his roost tree, shot him, grabbed him & ran... i hope his asshole grows shut, and he gets the squirts.