Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > PLEASE HELP: What really makes good after burn smell & taste?

Thread Title Search
PLEASE HELP: What really makes good after burn smell & taste? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2018, 08:57 AM #11
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
I don't think the GH nutrients are the problem, but I think you said it- you're adding nutrients to nutrient-rich medium, and probably getting some kind of build up that ten days of flushing can't fix.

I thought the GH products were just for hydroponics. Anyway, better luck next try. I grow Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze, and it's one of my best, so get her dialed in.
100% the issue, 3 part n organics dirt can be done but involves constant monitoring, flushing, n the wrong way to grow and when growing in organic soil gh 3part should be the last bottle u grab, much better ways to get through harvest...
Check out Vermicrop makes a organic top dress that u just water in mid run if needed that i hear nuthin but excellent hings about it... N its cheap.. Always got teas n shit to, even a bottle of botanicare, would be better to have ,... If u must feed with a salt make it a one time feed followed by 2 3 4 flushes.. Plant dependant.....
stoney917 is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM #12
heatherlonglee

heatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura aboutheatherlonglee has a spectacular aura about
I think it's time to hear this said here on ICmag! I was just talking with a local grower and they were complaining about poor curing strains. Any strain that isn't just fire from the day its taken off the plant regardless of how you dry it; that strain is trash. On a good strong keeper strain you could let that one little bud fall back behind the pots in your tent; find it 3 weeks after harvest and it should still be fire! Not cured fire but still funky good bud no question. The strain is trash get another one is what I think the problem is when I hear about a poor cure no taste, hay stuff. The strain isn't worth keeping try another strain.
If I take time to answer a question regarding your post, OP; I demand a rating + or - your choice. I take time to answer with spell check and proof reading. If my post was helpful or not, say so please.

Female gardener. Currently growing Weed.

I really miss the negative rating! Yeah I would bust a fool up back in the day; negative rep!
heatherlonglee is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:26 PM #13
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Main reason most cannabis smells nasty when burned is dust, hair, bear/dog/moose dander, pollen, spores and so on. Where ya growing and are you using air filters?

Second main reason is from plants loaded with excess nutrients. No amount of flushing will put back the quality removed through overfeeding. It only takes one element in excess.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:42 PM #14
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlonglee View Post
I think it's time to hear this said here on ICmag! I was just talking with a local grower and they were complaining about poor curing strains. Any strain that isn't just fire from the day its taken off the plant regardless of how you dry it; that strain is trash. On a good strong keeper strain you could let that one little bud fall back behind the pots in your tent; find it 3 weeks after harvest and it should still be fire! Not cured fire but still funky good bud no question. The strain is trash get another one is what I think the problem is when I hear about a poor cure no taste, hay stuff. The strain isn't worth keeping try another strain.
It's not necessarily the strain, but maybe you just got a bad seed. Lots of people will tell you, there's nothing wrong with Super Lemon Haze, you just gotta find that keeper bean!
Jellyfish is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:18 PM #15
Homebrewer
Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we'd have been state champions. No doubt, no doubt in my mind

Homebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to allHomebrewer is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativavina View Post
Many thanks to Mr Dank.Frank; Jelly Fish and Chunkypics!
Im a newbie no more doubt. Thanks to learn from u guys!
The local market does not allow me to buy pro mix soil. However, with dank.Frank's advice, I'll try to find my own fomulated soil...seeking for quality organic products.
This is why your weed is subpar. It's not the method, it's your experience level. What's the solution? About 10,000 hours of growing (more like a couple years of growing).

Last edited by Homebrewer; 03-13-2018 at 04:51 PM..
Homebrewer is offline Quote