What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Small flying bugs with coco, doubt fungus gnats.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I usually expand coco bricks with boiling water, and use mosquito dunks in all feeds. I had this batch in bin, in basement for about 6 months, while taking a break.

I am getting a lot of small flys in the air when I mist the plants, coming out of coco. I have a yellow sticky trap, which has a few fungus gnats on it. I used to get them covering the traps, so think these bastards are not attracted to yellow.

They are so small, I do not think I could catch one without destroying it, making ID impossible.

Any idea what they could be, and what to use? 99% chance I have what is needed.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
In veg, take cuttings and after they root, cull the donars and toss/boil medium.

In flower, if more than 6 weeks to go do a medium drench with your
chemical of choice, if you close to harvest then no chems, unless you sell without testing.

yuk.

Or, if you like denial, do the minimum, and lose genetics, yield and reputation.

Good luck and god bless.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I use spinosad and Bacillus israelis liquid same organic in mosquito dunks and use pure distilled water so as not to kill the bacteria.

cost about 10 bucks each but a little bit goes a long way.

i am still dealing with a blood sucking bird mite infestation...

Huh weird because I have similar bugs. I ran out of my main coco that I use (root kandy) and was forced to buy a brick just to get by until my bags came in and I got the same little bugs. Don’t look like fungus nats to me either and won’t land on my sticky pads or hanging traps. The only thing is I haven’t seen an increase in them and they seem to do zero harm but I’d like to know what they are and I’m sure I should get rid of them.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually expand coco bricks with boiling water, and use mosquito dunks in all feeds. I had this batch in bin, in basement for about 6 months, while taking a break.

I am getting a lot of small flys in the air when I mist the plants, coming out of coco. I have a yellow sticky trap, which has a few fungus gnats on it. I used to get them covering the traps, so think these bastards are not attracted to yellow.

They are so small, I do not think I could catch one without destroying it, making ID impossible.

Any idea what they could be, and what to use? 99% chance I have what is needed.

Long time ago I remember someone saying dunks have a lot of sulphur in them; if so I would never use them.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I looked through MyNameIsStitch guide, and might be white-flys. Sprayed with Spinosad, and numbers are way down. They are in .7 liter airpots, and may try dunking them for 20 minutes tomorrow, since they seem to be in medium. The air-pots have so many holes in sides and bottom, want to make sure I get them all.

N

noyd666

I get white fly here n never known them to get into a coco brick but, there's a tomato spray that gets rid of white fly easily.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I looked through MyNameIsStitch guide, and might be white-flys. Sprayed with Spinosad, and numbers are way down. They are in .7 liter airpots, and may try dunking them for 20 minutes tomorrow, since they seem to be in medium. The air-pots have so many holes in sides and bottom, want to make sure I get them all.

airpots? i got those and they turn into fly condos quick!

if you can get an tub and dunk for 30 sec or more in a spinosad enriched bath.

i am dealing with blood sucking bird mites and springtails.

they dont want the marijuana they want me.

i read most of the forums on these parasites.

story's of wrapping yourself in syran wrap..permethrin 10 percent homemade skin ointments using horse ivermectin and more.

its been 6 months of these and ive used almost every chemical googled.

there slowing down as it gets warmer.

make sure you clean any birds nests out around the house.