What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor, mold what to do?

ramse

Big Devil XL autoflower have 52 days from germination... unfortunately the weather in the last 4 weeks was a disgust... 5 days ago I went to check the plants and they had nothing (at least in appearance) today the situation is this:

what can I do? in the meantime, I have removed all the contaminated parts...

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

ramse

it is the first time that I grow autoflowering strains... it is true that there was bad weather but from what I see seem to me cultivars not resistant to mold... I thought that the ruderalis genes brought good resistance to mold

Last edited:
mold is everywhere in the air, it takes hold easy with the high humidity after rain, and a few days of rain will tell if your plant is mold resistant or not :(

dont smoke it!

maimunji

mold is everywhere in the air, it takes hold easy with the high humidity after rain, and a few days of rain will tell if your plant is mold resistant or not :(

dont smoke it!

Yes botrytis is everywhere. All of us inhale mould with every breath. Its one of this dessiage that support life ironically, life exist thankfully to botritys otherwise nature will be overcrowded.

maimunji

I'm interested in understanding how to act also because some plants show a visible beginning of botrytis in a single and little site... these poorly contaminated plants I hope to be able to save them... how would you do? I thank you for the advice and I apologize again for my bad english

Brew plant magic essence next time and spray every 2 week buds. Its bud rot assassin. Pistils will burn but no sign of mould. But now chop because this shit spread like wildfire. Once you chop you will see there is not much buds after remove bud rot. Do it now. Thats best advice dont loose more time.

rexamus616

Veteran
get some more calcium and potassium into your soil.... Helps build cell-wall strength in plants.... goes a long way to combat pathogens and insects....

Spraying anything on buds is a bad idea...

Just cut out the mouldy areas.... to stop it spreading...

good luck!

oh and try different genetics.... some varieties will be more prone to bud rot, do not run those varieties again.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
more drainage

more drainage

More drainage, and don't water as much. Just give her enough to keep from wilting during high humidity! Mold is caused by conditions! If you eliminate one or more of the conditions you can help prevent mold. If you water before it rains then expect mold during humid times.
Right before a rain, I put 4 to 6 inches of dry straw to absorb the rain water or most of it. When the rain is over then I remove the wet straw and aerate the soil. Sometimes I can catch a inch of rain in the wet straw and when i remove, it the soil is dry.
It also helps to add things in the soil to allow extra drainage. Peat, compost,co co, perlite, cotton seed bur, and sand in some conditions.

ramse

thank you all for the advice

I cut all the infested plants, leaving only a few branches not yet affected by mold...
I just hope that the other plants that have not been contaminated will continue to resist until completely ripe...

the plants are in guerrilla, this is preventing me from doing many things for their well-being...

Right before a rain, I put 4 to 6 inches of dry straw to absorb the rain water or most of it. When the rain is over then I remove the wet straw and aerate the soil. Sometimes I can catch a inch of rain in the wet straw and when i remove, it the soil is dry.

yes, this is something I already did... when I could, within the limits of a guerrilla...

in my opinion, the main problem was bad weather... in the last 30 days, 20 were storms and rain...
although I grow at 44 ° N in a favorable microclimate, good also for the cultivation of olive trees.... really bad spring

I apologize again for the spelling mistakes and my bad english

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
spring time?

spring time?

Are you flowering in the spring sunshine? If so, did you veg your plants indoors during winter?

T

Teddybrae

get some more calcium and potassium into your soil.... Helps build cell-wall strength in plants.... goes a long way to combat pathogens and insects....

Spraying anything on buds is a bad idea...

Just cut out the mouldy areas.... to stop it spreading...

good luck!

oh and try different genetics.... some varieties will be more prone to bud rot, do not run those varieties again.

look at "Humbold Valley", "Mendecino" to find mould resistant Genetics ...

therevverend

Veteran
This is probably too late for you but there's a product called Green Cure. It's Potassium Bicarbonate, similar to baking soda which is Sodium Bicarbonate. You don't have to get the brand name Green Cure as long as it's 100% Potassium Bicarbonate it's good. It's allowed in organic farming.

It's completely safe, doesn't kill bugs, animals, or people just kills fungus. Potassium is an important plant nutrient. You can spray right up until harvest, wouldn't recommend it because you wouldn't want plants that taste like baking soda.

It has a very high PH over ten I'm assuming this is why it works so well, fungus likes lower PH. It's used in wine making, baking, added to club soda.