What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Grinder to Buy

look out for a something cnc machined that´s made out of stainless steel.
a little pricey, a little heavy but indestructable and worth every penny in the long run..

i´ve seen one from a company called blackleaf that looked really nice..
they´ve models with and without pollen sieve.

St. Phatty

I park the buds in a paper cup on the window sill, in the sun shine.

Or sometimes on top of a lower power ballast for a 250 watt light in the veg room.

It dries them slowly out so the grinder is essentially, my fingers.

I prefer to smoke small bowls of powdered bud. Complete combustion. Would be a lung-buster if I wasn't using a water pipe.

I can see a grinder would work better if you're smoking a joint/ spliff. Inhaling powdered bud is a buzz kill.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it sure wasn't worth opening a new thread searching for a good grinder...

never thought I'd buy or need a grinder, but my hands/thumbs (arthritis) can no longer work my bud into the finer puffable dimensions I desire.

I knew I'd be buying a Space Case grinder as I wanted titanium over aluminum for sure, but I'm always looking for best price deals, now w/the 'net @ hand I'm more price conscience than ever.

I decided on a Space Case, medium size (just shy of 2.5 inches), 4-piece (grinder/screen/kief catcher); it has the magnetic lid that fits tightly & firmly and the action when grinding is as smooth as silk, if I overload it it's a tough turn to get it started, but again smooth n' easy just a 1/2 turn later.

I'm sure that anyone using any kind of grinder also finds it working best when they crank it back n' forth, and as mine has the screen & kief catcher below I find my results best when I tap it gently on my tabletop as well.

I'm 100% pleased with its performance, my thumbs are especially @ peace w/this purchase. I've hung up my small bud busting scissors & the coarse screen I'd push trimmed up weed through. After grinding some bud I'll stick it in my larger kief box so I don't need to open & close the grinder (fine thread) screwing it back n' forth.

Pros: Everything mentioned above. :good: and price $36.00
Cons: The fine threads are just a little tough to match up.

I'm not sure that the $36 is the best price on the 'net but I bought it through my Amazon prime account w/free 2 day shipping. Looking @ it today I see its price went up to $39.

shithawk420

Veteran
$36 bucks is pretty cheap compared to what they used to be.i saw this new grinder on youtube the other day and its electric but you put a premade cone or joint in it and it grinds it while its filling the joint.it was badass especially for people with arthritis or something.i prefer to hand roll but this thing was cool.if i see it again ill put the name here.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I need a couple new grinders . I have 2 that are great but all the others have this indentation which allows just alittle bit of weed to enter and then it doesn't gring smoothly unless I clean that section out. each and every bud which is ridiculous.

So I am hunting for new grinders. Can y'all make suggestions?

Howz this one?
KANNASTöR GR8TR® V2

Much obliged in advance

pretty cool

[YOUTUBEIF]Yk_ijv2gD8U[/YOUTUBEIF]

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
$36 bucks is pretty cheap compared to what they used to be.i saw this new grinder on youtube the other day and its electric but you put a premade cone or joint in it and it grinds it while its filling the joint.it was badass especially for people with arthritis or something.i prefer to hand roll but this thing was cool.if i see it again ill put the name here.

The Chewy2?

I am always on the hunt for a decent electric grinder (no high speed, please). If you think of the name, love to see you post it. Thanks

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Probably sounds weird but I keep different grinders for each strain. After that much work to grow 'em - we're not doing salad mix to save 11 bucks. LIHAO makes a decent 4 piece 3" grinder for $11 (amazone). The 3 inch grinders will eat regular sized buds and the size makes it easy to grip.

H

HaHaHashish

All cars can go from A to B and all grinders can grind, but if you are looking to buy a premium level grinder then check out Kannastor grinders, I think they are the "Porsche" of grinders and you can really feel and see the precision and quality.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I never noticed a difference but you are losing potency by losing kief. Guarantee a lab test will prove that.

Of course I can't tell you if my weed is 15% or 20+% THC honestly. Pretty much why lab testing exists.
... some people say tomatoes, some say tomahtoes. My understanding it is a place to collect the trichs, to do whatever you want to do with them. Add them to a doobie or a bowl or, pressed them into hash at a later date.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
It's the Bannana Bros OTTO Smart grinder.its really cool but $130 is too much for me

Thanks, I'll check it out. $130 is kind of high. I paid 30 bux for my salad shooter and I have not found a better grinder yet... LOL

Thanks again.

shithawk420

Veteran
thanks Zeez.sorry you had to do my dirty work for me!LOL if i was rich id buy it.i just bought a smart watch.now we got smart grinders.im waiting for a smart toilet!

superx

Veteran
Many years of use from my titanium space case, excellent bit of craftsmanship.
Until the pigs decided to steal it... I still have not got around to replacing it as i am using the orange plastic one which comes with the volcano, but when i do it will be another space -case....

Latest posts

Latest posts