What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New old guy

Been here before, but it's been a while, 10 years or so since I've posted in these forums. I'm a prostate cancer non patient, refused any treatment for the last 10 years.

Recently retired from work, arthritis pain was killing me. Without any income until I turn 62, assuming Social Security is still solvent then. I'm using this time to reinvigorate my fight against cancer. I've started taking oil, homemade from trim and roaches, using acetone. My growing skills are poor, my indoor setup yields about 3 ounces , 3-4 times a year.

I live in NY, and my wife has a card for chronic pain.She is also facing a colon cancer diagnosis. I think the prices charged are outrageous. Does anyone have an opinion on the effectiveness of "govt oil" or am I better off using my homebrew? My next harvest is a couple weeks off, I'd hate to be without smoke but I'm willing to sacrifice it to oil making.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi welcome back to the forums!

I am very sorry to hear about the cancer. Best vibes to you and your wife kicking cancers ass!

Have you thought of expanding your grow? Maybe a perpetual harvest? That way you would be harvesting more often, making oil with half and saving half to smoke. Use your trim to make oil as well. I know a few people who harvest a plant a week in a fairly small space.

Have you looked into Rick Simpson oil? Definitely worth a read.

If you are struggling with your grow, we would be happy to help you out and get things streamlined so you have some nice quailty medicine.

Best of luck to you!

T

Teddybrae

Hello. Nice to meet you and I 'll be watching this thread for opinions.

Cannabis oils cured the symptoms of a chronic illness I had which otherwise required chemo. My oils were made by someone else however

I suspect you already know about Rick Simpson oils because you use Acetone as a solvent.

Best of luck in your quest! May you get well!