What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time scrogging

Hi guys im new to this site and wud just like some feed back on my first grow and first scrog grow. . . Ok so a few more details... I'm in a 1.2m grow tent with a 4"rvk extraction fan and filter and austic ducting using 600w hps, temps stay between 74f and 79f. I'm using two 30L tubs and scrog screen is around 8" from top of pots . I am growing 2 "BAGSEED" in jacks magic compost only fed with plain water untill I flower then I will introduce iconic bloom and buddhas tree pk and flush the last week or 2 before chop.... My plants are around 8weeks from seed and have pre flowers so I'm pritty sure they are both females, anyway this is my first grow and my first scrog grow so basically just want some feedback on what people think so far... all and any advice will be much appreciated thanks. DSC_1644.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg DSC_1644.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

I know my girls are starting to look hungry for veg nutes and don't seem to be growing as quick any more but I don't think I'm going to have enough time to fill the screen as much as I wud like unfortunately so I don't think it's worth going out and buying veg nutes... I have flower nutrients at the ready so what do you guys think I cud expect if I put them into flower now. Thanks agein

Unfortunately I'm going into flower tomorrow or in next cuple days while my plants still have some nitrogen left in them and I don't have veg nutrients . Iv read that you wait till the strech is done before feeding bloom nutrients but think I mite start from day 1 flower at half strength... Just don't want them getting anymore hungry through the first 3 weeks of flowering,, "the strech"..... And as I say I'm not going to have the time to fill up that screen as much as i would have liked to witch wil effect my end results, quite a bit I would have thought unless the strech fills up the screen more than I am expecting .. Fingers cross...... They are now 9 weeks from seed

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I’d give them a feed.. shouldn’t hurt... maybe half strength?
I’m not a scrogger myself, but I would imagine the stretch should be enough to fill the screen
Best of luck

Ok awsome man and thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I will be switching to flower tomorrow will be there first day 12/12 and will give them first feed at half strength or maybe a quarter strength for first week or will I be ok to just go straight to half strength straight away do you think? I will be using iconic bloom then adding buddhas tree pk at around week 3 I think it is

Also I'm new to this so was wondering what sort of yeild I cud expect from these to plants.... Like how many grams, ounces could each one of these plants pull?? I know your not a scrogger but just thought you mite have some sort of idea. I know it's hard to tell exactly but just looking for a estimate guess. Thanks again for stopping by

mayorofthdesert

the only real mistake you can make with the scrog aspect of your grow is to not tie the plants down to the screen. i've seen many "scrogs" where they put a screen there but just let the plants grow up and through it so they end up as tall as they would have been without the screen. wtf?

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Also I'm new to this so was wondering what sort of yeild I cud expect from these to plants.... Like how many grams, ounces could each one of these plants pull?? I know your not a scrogger but just thought you mite have some sort of idea. I know it's hard to tell exactly but just looking for a estimate guess. Thanks again for stopping by

No worries mate- i would hate to guess at yield, I never do with my own grows, superstition that I’ll jinx the yield!!
Plus it can depend so much on bud density etc... I’ve had full to the brim jars that weigh less than half jars...
They are looking damn fine though, and they are vegged for long enough so should reward you well
:tiphat:

Hi friend. I hav not tied them to the screen iv simply been letting the bud shoots grow through the screen a little then pulling them back under the screen and moving them to the next hole. Directiong them towards the outer parts of the screen

Ok mate no bother and yeah I'm hoping they shall reward me giving the 9 week veg from seed, and yeah I tolaly understand what your saying just wondering if anyone has done one similar to mine and what their results were

mayorofthdesert

Hi friend. I hav not tied them to the screen iv simply been letting the bud shoots grow through the screen a little then pulling them back under the screen and moving them to the next hole. Directiong them towards the outer parts of the screen

you got it, keeping them under the screen & tying do the same thing. you've got a good thing going so far, best luck:)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I veg with bloom nutes, and have done so for over 15 years now. It creates shorter, stockier plants than veg nutes create, which means it's perfect for scrogging. ;)

Keep filling the screen. :) Even if you gave them 12hrs of dark it'll be ok to go back to veg.

I love scrog, and have done it many times. It's rather theraputic during stretch. Make sure you can reach the back of the screen easily, you'll be weaving quite a bit back there before the stretch ends. :)

Congrats!

So today will be the first day flower and I will give them half strength nutrients as well as they look hungry.... Not much to see really but here is a cuple pics. I sure do hope the strech will fill that screen out abit more DSC_1649.jpg

DSC_1648.jpg

DSC_1647.jpg

Yeah DC makes sense.... Although people will have there own opinions about that but each to there own. Anyway I will give it half strength nutrients today as today will be day, 1 flower, and yeah that's what I'm hoping for for the strech to fill out my screen more, and it will be tight getting to the back of the tent to keep tucking but I will make sure I do my best. And you got that rite I really like the scrog also. Even though this is my first run I will definitely be giving it another shot.... Maybe 4 plants next time to cut veg down a little

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Looking good. :) It's a learning process, and your main job is to recognize your mistakes. You're doing well. :)

4 plants will definitely cut down on the veg time. The higher the distance between your bucket and the bottom of the screen, the easier it is to reach in and manipulate branches.

Yeah I realise that now I put it at around 8" above the pots so it wud fill the screen abit quicker but not much room to work with but sure I'll manage an do my very best as want it as best as I can get it in the time iv got left

Well woke up this morning to turn on my light and my plants just don't look very health to me but give them ther first dose of bloom nutrients at half strength hopefully they start looking a little better and start growing abit better to received_274201319958698.jpg

received_1948961048523624.jpg

received_524878961314520.jpg

received_1980073888774997.jpg