What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALWAYS happens on FLIP

Packer420

Another noob question masters..
Why on earth do my plants look so lush and green and healthy during veg but then when I move them into the flower tent and gets flipped. they begin to yellow. Specially new growth.

Would there be common concerns when this transition happens, it is always the case. always.

Thanks in advance masters.

:biggrin:

I noticed my plants looking worse on the flip also. Then last grow I left my MH bulb in for an extra week or so after the flip and realized what I was seeing was the difference between the MH and HPS bulbs. Not that your as dumb as I am lol but I never quite realized how different that HPS glow was that everyone speaks of. It made my noob eyes think I was deficient

Packer420

I could really see the difference the color of the NEW growth from inside the tent and out though. so definitely not lighting.

Scrappy-doo

Could be transition shock if you're going from a somewhat weak light in veg to a more intense light for flower. I'll put new plants going into the flower room in the corner or place it so it's shaded by another plant that's already been in there and is adjusted.

Could also raise your light for the stretch if you're not perpetual. Once stretch is over the established leaves will harden and be able to handle full power.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks so I feed with ewc tea only and sprinkled with kelp and some guano on the pantyhose. Also dressed with epsoms.

It always happens. Will feed more.

:tiphat:

STOP top dressing with EPSOM...

Use it ONLY as a foliar.

It WILL funk up your soil mix and lock out everything.

Top dress with a balanced flower nute (5-5-5 or similar) and a little bit of gypsum.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks so I feed with ewc tea only and sprinkled with kelp and some guano on the pantyhose. Also dressed with epsoms.

It always happens. Will feed more.

:tiphat:

STOP top dressing with EPSOM...

Use it ONLY as a foliar.

It WILL funk up your soil mix and lock out everything.

Top dress with a balanced flower nute (5-5-5 or similar) and a little bit of gypsum.
Stop screwing the pooch and get yourself a proper nutrient program. There is lots to choose from! :)

Packer420

It turned hermie on me and eventually i chopped it. Not sure if this was caused by stress, genetics or not feeding more.

There is also a minor light leak coming from the veg tent so i will fix it tonight and have replaced that plant with another so i will see if it goes yellow on new growth again now that i have fed right before flipping the replacement.

tigafur

Could be transition shock if you're going from a somewhat weak light in veg to a more intense light for flower. I'll put new plants going into the flower room in the corner or place it so it's shaded by another plant that's already been in there and is adjusted.

Could also raise your light for the stretch if you're not perpetual. Once stretch is over the established leaves will harden and be able to handle full power.

I think this is my problem every center plant I grow goes yellow and im jumping to 400 hps from a 250 mh , I was going nuts thinking what it could be wow thanks

Steven/nevetS

Just need to go back to basics.
Trying to run before you can walk, just overkeen like most folk start.
"Patiene"
Make sure you switch bulbs this time.
But first make sure its pitch black when your in the room with no light coming in; you shoulnt be able to see your hand infront of your face or any green or red light in the room.
People go into grow rooms with green light but i wouldnt risk it.

The other rule i use is never go by finishing time on a seed pkt, check trichomes; watch a video.
Keep your first few grows simple same with feed then if u have a few under your belt you can venture into more trail & error unless you can start over and over.
May your next grow well bro