What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What product do you swear by?

Traceofvenom - I mix half a teaspoon of Recharge per gallon of water. I mix it in, shake it up and apply to plants. I do this every 9-10 days and it works very well. I don't mix too much because I don't want it to sit around and make my water jugs all nasty.

-Funk

Thanks for the reply B. My first water I did a tsp to a gallon. As concentrated as it is I can see 1/2 tsp being plenty. The leftover I had after about 5 days smelled like a homeless mans asshole. Not that I know what a homeless mans asshole smells like but for those that have imaginations mix some recharge and let it sit for 5 days then take a whiff and I am pretty sure it would be similar.

Well, here are 5 plants right under 6 weeks from sprout. I have topped two and fimmed one. They seem to be doing better as far as growth from weeks 2 through 4 but feel they still just aren't exploding. They are in an excellent environment (could be a little cooler but they were started in the heat of August. Temps are tapering off now so that is good. Do these look ok for their age? I moved them into 5 gal smart pots 2 weeks ago so the soil base mix I used should give them the nutrients they are needing without any nutrient feed. I have watered them a couple times since I transplanted them as I tend to let the soil dry out a bit. I have been told that I should be good for 4 to 6 weeks before I start seeing signs or deficiencies but is there a way around that by feeding them something even if it is in micro doses and I am not talking about 4 way double dipped flash. I do amend my waterings First amendment I watered with was Recharge (Helps in Microbial life explosion. Second watering I gave them Extreme Gardening's Mykos WP (had a free sample) Basically does the same thing. However, these are not feed/nutrients for lack of better term. Everything used in my soil was OMRI certified with the exception of FFOF which I had laying around and needed to use. It's not a bad soil but it's not 100% OMRI certified organic but it's working until my next study. I guess I am looking for suggestions on what else I could add to my waterings that would kick these whores into a frenzy but at the same time I don't want to F**K it up sending me off chasing down problems. Just looking for simplicity and something that I can apply to my current grow you see in the photos. Don't care to spend a shit ton of $$$ as I think these full lines advertised with 5 different products are somewhat a marketing ploy. I am not saying that they are bad but as a betting man, I'd put my money on that you could probably take a grow and a bloom from a nutrient line and just apply those from start to finish without adding all the others recommendations in the line for different stages of the plants natural cycle and still get excellent results. I'm not planning on competing in any Cannabis cups.

So in summary, There are so many product choices when it comes to feeding. I like to keep it pretty simple. However I would like to harvest some excellent flowers. I have everything I need from great genetics to all the grow equipment I need. The only thing I need is a great organic nutrient line. I don't want to buy 10 different things. Maybe like a grow nutrient for the vegetative stage and a bloom feed for the flower cycle. What would be your top choice or choices for what I am trying to accomplish? I do have some Canna A B nutes but they are for Coco. Could I feed with those even though they are designed to feed in an inert substance? Or would that send the ladies home crying? I read up on it and there are mixed reviews so probably not a safe bet. Anyway, feedback and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks Peeps!

9:14a.jpg 9:14b.jpg 914.jpg

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Easy answer.....maxicrop seaweed soluable or liquid. Ive used it probably over ,20yrs indoors and out and won't grow without it

And all Fox Farm products....from Ocean Forest, American pride, Marine cuisine, the liquid fertilizer Grow, Tiger Bloom, even the open seasame, Beastie Bloomz.....I've used these Fox Farm products for yrs with great results. These nutes are pH balanced so it keeps your pH close to 6.5.....unlike some nutes that fuck the pH way up.

I'm not saying other products don't work I'm just answering the questions. I also like Dyna-grow....and usually gotta have calmag. That's a go to list

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Hands down, Photosynthesis Plus.... That stuff is nuts. Matter of fact, shit can get out of control on your ass real quick using it regularly if your plants are nice and healthy. And I'm a less is more kinda guy... Nutes / Silica / Orca+hydroguard (root zone safety) / calmag / Rapid start / Photo + And that's it...

Smells god awful, like a porta potty at a Pantera Concert. Just fucking rank.... especially a new bottle of it, but as you use it the smell gets less vomit inducing. I put up with the smell because the stuff is just insane. It has photosynthetic bacteria and host of other microbes and The photosythetic bacteria get up into the cells of the leaves and can take in spectrums of light the plant can't and convert that into stuff the plant can use. Plus a bunch of other scientific shit that's way above my head, lol... I just see the results and it's no joke.

Here's a good youtube explaining what's going on.

https://youtu.be/y1SQQfBuvj8?t=67

clearheaded

Hands down, Photosynthesis Plus.... That stuff is nuts. Matter of fact, shit can get out of control on your ass real quick using it regularly if your plants are nice and healthy. And I'm a less is more kinda guy... Nutes / Silica / Orca+hydroguard (root zone safety) / calmag / Rapid start / Photo + And that's it...

Smells god awful, like a porta potty at a Pantera Concert. Just fucking rank.... especially a new bottle of it, but as you use it the smell gets less vomit inducing. I put up with the smell because the stuff is just insane. It has photosynthetic bacteria and host of other microbes and The photosythetic bacteria get up into the cells of the leaves and can take in spectrums of light the plant can't and convert that into stuff the plant can use. Plus a bunch of other scientific shit that's way above my head, lol... I just see the results and it's no joke.

Here's a good youtube explaining what's going on.

https://youtu.be/y1SQQfBuvj8?t=67

guy uses alot of psuedo science and no blue green algae wont move up into the plant. dont think will colonize outside. some other fungas and bacteria yes but those are larger. perhaps live on top of soil? imagine that from the POND days he describes to help grow water plants. but i am sure lots of good stuff that will inoculate the soil, however the nonsense he spews turns me off.

"with lights on" doesnt get its not nut burn but liquid making magnifying glass lol
"get into the stoma" no nothing goes into the stoma if ur stoma plugs up, or anything "goes in" thats bad!!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I was informed to try Maxi-Bloom. I have seen a marked change in my plants! I used it at one fourth the recommended strength. NO BURN! Faster growth. Nice even green leaves. Problem free.
Also as the plants mature a bit you can switch over to CHA-CHING for larger and more calyx's . I've got Tommy Chong's L.A. Amnesia just about ready to chop. I let them get pregnant by a beautiful TOP 44 male. Looking forward to growing them out!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Hey FB what up? I just got some Recharge. I gave my first watering the other day. Plants seem really happy. Can you elaborate on your usage of Recharge. The Stuff is so concentrated. Literally, one tsp to a gallon and turns the water super dark. How long can you keep a batch for future waterings? Or do you mix each time you water. I just had some leftover from my first watering and was wondering if I could use the rest on the next watering. It's been 5 days or should I toss it into a regular house plant and always use fresh mixed Recharge every watering?

Thanks

take a look at rootwise mycrobe complete its got alot more microbes and u only use 1 tsp per 5 gallons of water

take a look at rootwise mycrobe complete its got alot more microbes and u only use 1 tsp per 5 gallons of water

I checked it out. They are certainly proud of it. I am having fantastic results with recharge. The girls look lush and happy.. I truly live by the adage feed the soil. Start with a good environment for the roots and everything will fall into place :)

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I recently became aware of and started using a product called Tribus by Impello Bioscience. It is amazing. I've never seen plant reactions like I've seen using this stuff.

-Funk

I recently became aware of and started using a product called Tribus by Impello Bioscience. It is amazing. I've never seen plant reactions like I've seen using this stuff.

-Funk

This looks like some really good stuff. Are you using the full line?

"Tribus Original is 10 Billion CFU/mL, meaning at least 10,000,000,000 bacteria in each mL of Tribus liquid will start growing and reproducing on plant roots."

Per mL that is insane!

I noticed the Tribus Original OMRI smallest quantity is one gallon @ $550 and the Tribus Original (Microbial Biostimulant) is offered 100mL for $30 and for a gallon it is $499.99. Just wondering if the difference in the price is one is OMRI certified and why is the one that is OMRI only offered in gallon size and above...

Just out of curiosity, how much were you feeding throughout each phase?
I actually ran my ppms pretty low compared to what most people do, quality over quantity, I maxed out at 900 during peak of flower, and did a modified flushing program that allowed me to continue feeding during flush, by only feeding those nutrients that don't stick around and cause problems for curing / smoking. Program was dialed down H&G with some additive substitutions, like Armor Si instead of Amino Treatment (glorified silica supplement, nothing more imo), Mad Farmer PK Boost instead of Shooting Powder, medium was a coco based mix that included extra dolomite lime and azomite. Veg maxed out around 500ppms, there Nitro Boost was replaced by simple Alaskan Fish Fertilizer with GREAT results, alternated root additive between feedings, one feeding Superthrive, next feeding Roots Xcel. Wanting to lower ppm was one of the reasons I switched to the Earth Juice, no stray phos or nitrogen or whatever to throw off my mix, gotta love that Citric Acid ph down.

Smith111

The more expensive it is.....
The prettier it is.........
The biggest claims made on the bottle......

Is what I am looking for! Right?

Latest posts

Latest posts