What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplants

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Rev

How will you process your hash ?
Bubble , dry sift or solvent ?

Here some sift ;
4pPRQTI.jpg

To me the sift is a more interesting high . Bubble can be brutally strong but lack character because the terps are missing .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

CannaZen

My condolences the mold cloud sounds horrible. I'm Definitely interested to see your produce.

Trimming can be a lot of work, Its difficult.. i'm plucking as many of the leaves as i can but much remains without becoming overly tedious/resin loss, I'm going to use a coffee grinder to ground out the herbs to make sifting easier but I'm not sure if chlorophyll may become broken down small enough to fall through the screen while sifting. I'm unsure but i think it can. Your thoughts on that?

therevverend

Veteran
I'm going to use a coffee grinder to ground out the herbs to make sifting easier but I'm not sure if chlorophyll may become broken down small enough to fall through the screen while sifting. I'm unsure but i think it can. Your thoughts on that?

I don't like the coffee grinder because it grinds everything up too fine but it also depends on your method of hash making. If you're using water in your hash making the plant matter and mold will float while the dirt particles and resin will sink because it's much denser. This is especially useful if you're making hashish without screens. I've seen fairly decent hashish made in buckets or jars of ice water just by using the difference in density.

How will you process your hash ?
Bubble , dry sift or solvent ?

I'm going to do it right sift is the only way to go! Bubble is good, it can be very potent and I've seen beautiful bubbly amber resin. Like you say you lose terpenes and the taste just isn't the same. It doesn't expand in your lungs the same way either.

I'm tired of the solvents I was hoping they were a fad that would diminish over time but I don't see that happening. In the 90s when I pictured legalization I pictured lots of beautiful dry sift of every variety and color in the shops. It'll never happen now everyone wants their solvents. To me it's such a waste.

The game changer for me in sifting has been dry ice. I used to wait for cold dry winter days. Start early in the morning when it was still cold and tap tap away at the plant matter on my screen. I was all set to go one morning when my buddy brought over a bag of dry ice.

I was skeptical at first but when I put it on the screen and tap tapped for a few minutes I couldn't believe it. An hour worth of tapping hadpassed through the screen. Greatly improved efficiency and ease. The one drawback you have to watch is how much plant matter shakes off along with the resin. I think this is why people complain about it not tasting as good as regular sifting. You need to have the right touch.

I re-sieve all my resin after I bulk sieve it. Both at a large micron size to get the larger bits out. Then at 45 microns to get rid of the dust, dirt, mites, and pulverized plant matter. I use dry ice in this phase as well it makes everything easily slide through my screens.

Excited because I got a new piece of equipment this year. I can plug it into the wall instead of beating on it by hand. Can't wait to see how some of these hashplants yield it's going to be fun.

Any seeds in this beautyfull

Pot of Gold

I think so. Harvesting my seeded branches was annoying this year because some of the seed clusters had turned to chunks of grey sludge. I was picking through it pulling out mature seeds. Now I've got my seed limbs drying hopefully at least some of my crosses were successful. I'm worried that I pollinated too late and some won't be fully mature.

Definitely less seeds then if the mold didn't hit but that's why I did a lot of pollination. I'm also finding unlabeled seeds in some of the buds. Either the label fell off the branch or I got careless with my pollinating. I know I got careless because I saw a couple poofs of pollen floating out of my pollinating bag.

The only branch I've collected from so far is from the Sinai. Sinai x Lemon Hashplant. There's a lot of seeds because they're so tiny, easily the smallest seeds I've ever made. It's a pain in the ass to collect them all. They're light brown with no stripes or marking. Looking forward to trying them out. Maybe I'll work on a hashplant strain that contains as many different hashish cultivars as I can get. Sinai x Uzbek x Moroccan x Leb x Afghan x Pakistan x Nepali x California. Could be interesting.

therevverend

Veteran
The Bodhi strains turned out nice this year. They all showed solid mold resistance. The problem is that they finish so late I'm always going to be fighting mold. With our weird weather I was able to let them go later then usual and finish completely or close to it. Trimming is going to be frustrating because I know I'll be tossing some moldy buds.

Dank Zappa is an early favorite very tasty smoke. Smells rich and creamy almost like coconut milk or white chocolate. Bodhi seems to select for this trait I've noticed it in the White Lotus and Love Triangle. Dank Zappa's high is super duper chill. The Pot of Gold Hashplant is electric, one hit and you feel the psychedelic energy hit you. There's also a body high but you don't notice it because your head is so baked.

Dank Zappa is all body high. Pain and aches melt away and your mind is relaxed and mellow but clear. No couch lock at all although the relaxation effects helps sleep. I'm guessing people with high tolerances who like trippy 'rush' highs would be disappointed. Or if you'd been smoking a lot of POG HP. I love it, the world could be on fire and I wouldn't mind. Just turn up the stereo and take another toke.

The Zappa seems like the perfect medical cannabis. I get migranes, felt a weak headache coming on the Zappa took it away. It's more of a creeper you're brain isn't sure if you're high but your body loves it. This would be perfect for people in pain who don't want to mess with opiates and don't like to head trip.

Dank Zappa

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lots and lots of resin. I'll get a picture of the dried flowers. The plant leans heavily towards the G13. The Lemon Hashplant leans more towards the Hashplant side of things I'll be sampling it soon.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Very nice. The Dank Zappa really sounds like my kind of plant. Anything to help me sleep at night is worth devoting a season to.

Happy Times

The Bodhi strains turned out nice this year. They all showed solid mold resistance. The problem is that they finish so late I'm always going to be fighting mold. With our weird weather I was able to let them go later then usual and finish completely or close to it. Trimming is going to be frustrating because I know I'll be tossing some moldy buds.

Dank Zappa is an early favorite very tasty smoke. Smells rich and creamy almost like coconut milk or white chocolate. Bodhi seems to select for this trait I've noticed it in the White Lotus and Love Triangle. Dank Zappa's high is super duper chill. The Pot of Gold Hashplant is electric, one hit and you feel the psychedelic energy hit you. There's also a body high but you don't notice it because your head is so baked.

Dank Zappa is all body high. Pain and aches melt away and your mind is relaxed and mellow but clear. No couch lock at all although the relaxation effects helps sleep. I'm guessing people with high tolerances who like trippy 'rush' highs would be disappointed. Or if you'd been smoking a lot of POG HP. I love it, the world could be on fire and I wouldn't mind. Just turn up the stereo and take another toke.

The Zappa seems like the perfect medical cannabis. I get migranes, felt a weak headache coming on the Zappa took it away. It's more of a creeper you're brain isn't sure if you're high but your body loves it. This would be perfect for people in pain who don't want to mess with opiates and don't like to head trip.

Dank Zappa

View Image

View Image

View Image

Lots and lots of resin. I'll get a picture of the dried flowers. The plant leans heavily towards the G13. The Lemon Hashplant leans more towards the Hashplant side of things I'll be sampling it soon.

Interesting you mentioned a creamy flavor, that was the first thing that came to mind when I first sampled some Tiger’s Milk which is from Bodhi. Totally different genetics than Dank Zappa though

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
You cant go wrong with Bodhi i drool over the seed stock i need to invest in. Stoked now tho i got all my '88 G13 x HP/NL#1 IBL its insane how sticky lil plant leaves can get making my tent already smell heavy of hashishene and light notes of burnt rubber im in frikkin heaven no joke hope i get a burnt rubber momma and pops and maybe if the universe is nice enough to bless me with that uber rare NL#1 dom purple pheno i miss as a youngin' gettin from my flower dude back when lol

therevverend

Veteran
Interesting you mentioned a creamy flavor, that was the first thing that came to mind when I first sampled some Tiger’s Milk which is from Bodhi.

It's got to be something Bodhi selects for. Last year's White Lotus was described by everyone who tried it as creamy. Haven't tried this year's but it smells creamy. The creamy strains make for very smooth smoke. Tastes so good you want to smoke more.

I sampled my Love Triangle (and it was rich and creamy as well. That makes four creamy strains for Bodhi now? More psychedelic then the Dank Zappa but still quite chill. Had a similar clear headedness to the Zappa with some of the OG Kush effect. Didn't have the citrus terpenes you get with OG Kushes that usually catches your attention. More of a hashy cream flavor but not as Indica hashy as the Zappa. I'll need to smoke some more so I can describe it better.

Here's the Love Triangle, plant # 1

picture.php

picture.php

and Plant # 2

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I can't classify these plants as traditional hashplants, the structure was too lanky and obviously California hybrid. They had the stickiest resin of anything I harvested and plenty of it so they qualify as modern Northern Cali hashplants. Both days I harvested them my fingers got so greasy it looked like I was a Nepalese Hash collector. It might not be ideal for making sifted hashish but I'll be using dry ice so the stickiness won't matter.

It was frustrating rubbing the hash off my hands and throwing it away each day I really wanted to smoke it. But I'd been picking mold out of a few of the buds I'm sure there were mold spores mixed in with the hashish. The best I could allow myself was burning a bit of it and smelling the smoke. It was amazing all I could do was curse boytritis and hope next year's better.

I screwed up and only made seeds on the later finishing Love Triangle. It's another Bodhi strain that needs to go through a selection process for earliness. The Dank Zappa was a week earlier, then a week later the first Love Triangle, then five days later the second Love Triangle, Snow Lotus, and Lemon Hashplant.

I've got a cold in my sinuses right now it's the worst possible time. I'm having to control myself and take a few days off from smoking and trimming. Don't want to trim because I don't want to pass my germs on to my stored ganja. I'd like to get harvest finished up but it's going to have to drag on a while longer. Still haven't tried a lot of stuff, Lemon HP, White Lotus, Purple Pot of Gold HP, Bubblegum.

At least I'll have some more posts to make to keep this thread up and around...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I love this thread, its great one and I love traditional hashplants.. but I cant grow it outdoor at all, due to mold and plagues. they are genial plants for dry environment, not here. I grew deep chunk or hashplant1 x deep chunk. my last try was with rom´s pakistan hashplant, it was fiasco :D too much mold, not suitable here.

picture.php

recently I grew blue hashplant indoors

picture.php

picture.php

and some peyote purple for fun
picture.php

CannaZen

The landrace "hashplant" I've grown produced very sparse buds quite low resin to leaf ratio, not good for much else than low to moderate potency hash at 90 microns. Very oldschool.

Impressive plants guys! Truly inspiring! Fantastic, looking forward.

JustSumTomatoes

I love this thread, its great one and I love traditional hashplants.. but I cant grow it outdoor at all, due to mold and plagues. they are genial plants for dry environment, not here. I grew deep chunk or hashplant1 x deep chunk. my last try was with rom´s pakistan hashplant, it was fiasco :D too much mold, not suitable here.

View Image

recently I grew blue hashplant indoors

View Image

View Image

and some peyote purple for fun
View Image

Very nice! I have a deep chunk cross drying as we speak. As you mentioned, mold is definitely a problem. Can't wait until I can eventually grow indoors. Here she is at 7 weeks...

Attachments

• 100_0547.jpg
    100_0547.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 39

unnamedmike

love this thread:tiphat:

pic from a hashplant s1, 15 years ago... smell like industrial varnishes.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

CannaZen

I didn't know resin could condensate like that, Have you seen it before? its not water soluble. How did it happen.

JustSumTomatoes

Very nice icon, what's all in that Lapis Mountain Indica besides Deepchunk? That Taskenti also looks killer. Been one I'd like to give a run.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lapis mtn indica is Deepchunk x Lapis mountain afghan landrace, Cannacopia seeds said the afghan landrace came from a small village up in the afghan mountains near some huge untapped Lapis lazuli mine but didnt say exactly where.

I need to run the Taskenti again its been years i only have about 15 seeds i plan on making more beans in a open pollination for preservation before the seeds go bad hopefully late spring i'll get to it....as you know Carraxe is already on it i dont know if he plans on putting them out for the public theres a lot of people that want them.

Lashkar Gah Afghani Landrace got as a freebie years ago through seedbay
picture.php

pressed kif i made from Lapis Mtn Indica not the purest but it was damn good
picture.php

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

You do amazing work with growing and breeding icon. It makes me very happy to see someone working to both preserve and refine high grade Indicas.

As you know already, I deal with chronic insomnia and appreciate the medical benefits that these wonderful plants have to offer. Ultimately I would love to really put the time into working on a strain(s) to give others with my same problem the relief they've been seeking. Insight on wonderful strains like these makes that goal seem so much more tangible.