What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I feel like the weather has been getting really weird over the past several years. We've been having tons of rain lately so maybe starting late will be a good thing. I just hope my seedlings won't get smashed in a downpour. Also, the slugs and snails really come out when it's wet. The problems never end.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.....it's pouring down outside. It's gonna be better getting a late start for me I'm pretty sure...........lol I hope!!!!!!

caliprop215

Veteran
Where you guys located? Plants loving it out here besides 2 that decided to bud on me..i did plant in at end of april tho. No rain in the forcast 80s weather.

Attachments

• 20180522_111517.jpg
    20180522_111517.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 19

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Appalachia mtn/ohio valley area.....it's came hard rains all fuckin mounth. I just went out and stuff had blew off the porch/water pouring out of the Mtns.....

But yours looks good man. Hopefully sooner or later I'll caught up

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I've been very busy getting one of my plots ready to plant. I've also got almost 60 seedlings just starting to pop up!!!! :woohoo:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 23

caliprop215

Veteran
Appalachia mtn/ohio valley area.....it's came hard rains all fuckin mounth. I just went out and stuff had blew off the porch/water pouring out of the Mtns.....

But yours looks good man. Hopefully sooner or later I'll caught up
What day do you guys plant out there normally?. Dnt worryurs will catch up and probly pass mine.

All the outdoor growers keep up the hard work .i feel its gonna be a good season for most of us.

I cleaned up garden today .looking good

Smoke on

Attachments

• 20180525_173459.jpg
    20180525_173459.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180525_165638.jpg
    20180525_165638.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 17

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
What day do you guys plant out there normally?. Dnt worryurs will catch up and probly pass mine.

All the outdoor growers keep up the hard work .i feel its gonna be a good season for most of us.

I cleaned up garden today .looking good

Smoke on

When I grew outdoors here when I was young I'd usually try to get stuff out in early May. I had a brain lapse I haven't grew outdoors in almost 15yrs, I've been mainly a indoor grower. But I had some really good strains/seeds(Rez,Raskal,DP, and so on....prolly a few k worth of seeds) that were so old nothing germed!!!!! I should have known, but I had to order new seeds and it's threw me behind.

One thing it's rained so much in May it would be hard to have young seedlings outdoors. So it may be ok starting late. I'm in a position I can't start anything indoors because of kids. I'm just making the best of things. I've got about 60 seedlings going now thanks to Buckeyebandit. He really helped me a ton. I really oh him a bunch for the help. Also got one order from Seedsman....got 5 fem KC Brains Cristal Limit. I'm waiting on some Female Seeds that should be here soon.

Your grow looks great Cali!!!! Glad to see your stuff:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok guys I need some help/advice. My outdoor test plant is getting eat up by bugs. I saw a white bug on it today/ and leaf hoppers the other day. I'm gonna be putting out my young stuff in a few weeks and need to know what to spray on them to keep them from getting eat up. Need to make sure young plants can handle it. Would you guys are azamax or neem oil???

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Azamax and Neem oil are both extracted from neem tree seeds. Either one should be fine to use on young plants, ive never had issues. I switched over to using the Neem oil because its cheaper. I reapply Diatomaceous Earth intermittently as the main repellent/preventative. Insects can develop immunity to the neem oil and azamax, so i wait to use them until i notice a problem (spidermites usually) and spray every few days until they are gone.

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Azamax and Neem oil are both extracted from neem tree seeds. Either one should be fine to use on young plants, ive never had issues. I switched over to using the Neem oil because its cheaper. I reapply Diatomaceous Earth intermittently as the main repellent/preventative. Insects can develop immunity to the neem oil and azamax, so i wait to use them until i notice a problem (spidermites usually) and spray daily until they are gone.

Yea the bugs are eating the fuck outta my test plant. I've gotta grab some more neem Weds when I go out. Where do u get that stuff your talking about man???

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
:laughing: he's very very good. I'm gonna try to find something like that Wed. The walmart & lowes that's the closest don't have much but I'm hoping they got this. Walmart has a lot of stuff I'm gonna have to read and see what's what. If not I gotta get a few things off amazon to add to my soil and some nutes!!!! Thanks a lot I'll giver a try:tiphat:

:laughing: he's very very good. I'm gonna try to find something like that Wed. The walmart & lowes that's the closest don't have much but I'm hoping they got this. Walmart has a lot of stuff I'm gonna have to read and see what's what. If not I gotta get a few things off amazon to add to my soil and some nutes!!!! Thanks a lot I'll giver a try:tiphat:

Do they have a Southern States store near you? I used to get stuff there when I was growing back there in the 90’s. They will probably have diatomaceous earth for cheap and amendments. They even have pro-mix. Amazon will sell you a few pounds for pretty cheap. Also, you will want to spray Bt (bacillus thuringiensis) in late August for budworms. If you want to order specific amendments that aren’t available locally, check out Peaceful Valley. They ship 40lbs for like $15.

caliprop215

Veteran
I spray with neem oil every few weeks for prevention.... Ive heard good thing about azamax and alot of people use diatomaceous earth

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Do they have a Southern States store near you? I used to get stuff there when I was growing back there in the 90’s. They will probably have diatomaceous earth for cheap and amendments. They even have pro-mix. Amazon will sell you a few pounds for pretty cheap. Also, you will want to spray Bt (bacillus thuringiensis) in late August for budworms. If you want to order specific amendments that aren’t available locally, check out Peaceful Valley. They ship 40lbs for like $15.

I'm not sure about that store....I've got a lot from amazon but I'm afraid to order soil or something that's gonna look like I'm growing. My neighbor knows the delivery guy and it's a super small backwoods town....I'm very afraid to get caught or press my luck ordering big bags of soil. I'm gonna have to order some more nutes and stuff I'm not gonna push it with soil. I'm gonna get diamotucus earth, neem, Sevin maybe some more bug/insect stuff.

Thanks Cali and Ibechillin , mountain sprout, MountainBudz, Tycho I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody but you guys help is greatly appriciated .....thanks alot

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Dang gotta get that diamouctoceas earth, Sevin, more neem oil.....I've got a 1/16 in caperpillar and other bugs eating my test plant up...I've put that Organicide on it and the next day the bugs are still on. Wedsnesday I'll grab plenty of stuff!!!! I'm gonna be sitting out 50-60 young plants and gotta get this addressed

Also very sorry about the guys that's dealing with floods, and the rains and wind I certain areas. Very sorry to everyone

Last edited:

calisun

if you can't find bt for cats/worms look for something with spinosad in it. I use and prefer Monterey garden insect spray. Dipel DF is good too.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
if you can't find bt for cats/worms look for something with spinosad in it. I use and prefer Monterey garden insect spray. Dipel DF is good too.
I'll see what Walmart got I might have to order some stuff. I'm gonna spray/dust whatever I can find I'm gonna lay it to this plot I'm putting my female plants in. Being mainly a indoor grower I feel this is were my focus is most needed. I'm also gonna put moth balls, snake repellant and everything, everything for insects/ critters/ fungus/ mildew. Rarely did I ever have any problem with insects/mold/fungus indoors and I'm trying to get up on the problem....I know I might not figure it out 100% this season but next yr I'll know more about what I need and so on.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I got about 55 seedlings a few days old here
KC Brains Cristal Limit (fem)
I've got 5 of the KC brains Cristal Limit fem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My friend/icmag Buckeyebandit helped me out on some seeds I've got started. 6-7 strains and around 50 seedlings
Here's the lineup
5- Cherry Mist
5- Strawberry Diesel
7- White Biker
7- GG4 x GTE
7- GG4 x GQ
7- LD x GB
7- shit x
3-4 genius Thai

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm trying to add more than one pic at a time but here's the seedlings. 5 days old. Like I said about 50 of the strains from Buckeye and 5 KC brains. I'm also going be doing some Female Seed test threads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 19