What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Artsy Bud Picture Thread..it's ok to brag sometimes

CosmicKitty

I can finally post pics on here so I went on an adventure around the crib and snapped a few fresh, nontraditional pics. Enjoy, and don't be afraid to be inspired and post some of your own

picture.php

Sour Kush looking good next to a button of magic

picture.php

Critical 47 and a gaggle of mutated peyote buttons.

picture.php

Blllaaaaam! Sour Cream Beast

picture.php

A traditional shot of some gross (in a good way) LAxBC

picture.php

And this cute little guy as a token of love and well being.

CosmicKitty

nice buds, fungi and peyotes! how old are those mutant buttons?

Thanks!

They are at least 3 years old, maybe more.
And they aren't really mutant buttons.

Cacti can live out of soil and without water for years, in a kind of suspended state.
Those guys were sitting an otherwise empty clear container for well over a year.

I believe their appearance is a result of dehydration and the tops not getting nutrients due to lack of soil to root in, while still stretching towards a light source.

Peyote from seed grows extremely slow, so it will take some time before they look like a "classic" button.

A Trichocereus was used as a grafting stock for the button in the other picture, which enabled it to grow at a very accelerated rate.

It's about the same age as the other ones, but is bigger then all of them combined.

Latest posts

Latest posts