What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A brief history of The Devil's Harvest Krew...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chamba

Overgrow = "old school"?

nah, think about how it was pre-overgrow.com, pre-internet, pre-hightimes, pre-grow books......now that's "old school" growing! what you are talking about happened yesterday if you are an old bastard like me

Lucid

thank you moonshine ... that was a great post...

i refeer to the days spent on overgrow "the good old days" along with cw...

that site broke the mold, the people the community the information and the good times... i miss em.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
I wouldnt call Overgrow old school. Id consider that the new school as it was really the first frontier of world wide web ganja knowledge. "Back in tha day" is better.

There were some crazy grows on that site.

Hoarding = Collecting everything and letting nothing go.

Philanthropy = Collecting everything and giving 99% of it away in order to make the world a better place.

DHK = Strain Philanthropists

Last edited:
P

Paco

thanks for posting this moon,
I have had a couple DHK pretext attached strains pass thorough my garden in the past, but all info was edited into the backlogs and archives of icmag. and with OG gone so was all that info.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
thanks for posting this moon,
I have had a couple DHK pretext attached strains pass thorough my garden in the past, but all info was edited into the backlogs and archives of icmag. and with OG gone so was all that info.

No worries Paco.

There were quite a few cuts that carried the DHK prefix. Most of the times those were seed varieties we grew out in mass grows.

I have always grown out double or triple packs of seeds, Weedzilla was the same. Before we all went our separate ways Zilla was growing out like 5 packs each of many of Sensi Seeds afghani strains. Dude was crazy. After growing out a lot of dutch seed varieties we all kind of realized if you wanted to find that phenotype that could compare with many of those elite cuts you needed to crack a bunch of seeds of the same type.

I saw "DHK Black Domina" in a local MMC just a few days ago. Another east coast gem from Erawk.

P

Paco

ha! that was one of the first cuts i ever got, then the pk. both long gone.
good stuff man.

fido

the lover of history in me
bows to
the history reciter in you!

love this
fido from philly

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Thanks for Reading.

Ive been busy this last week as everything starts the hard transition into the prebudding stage. I do a pretty good job trellising but Im sure soon I will become trellis zen master. lol.

and Ill say it again for anyone who missed it. Problems Cloning? "Supernatural Rootburst Powder". aka blue crack. Best cloning powder Ive ever used. Im getting 100% success on runs of 200-350 cuts at a time. Ive tossed 1 clone in the trash in 3 months and it was by choice not from it not rooting. If your local shop dont gots it. Tell em to get it. Was recc by a friend and it changed my attitude towards cloning.....

Moonshine

hiker

Moonshine, thanks for info on cloning gel. Just went to google and typed it in, found a few mail order places that sell it if anyone wants to get your hands on it. I'll be ordering some as soon as I get a little extra money. I've become zenmaster of tip training over the last few weeks to keep my hedge even in my closet until everything stops stretching.. As always, hope your health and family are doing well.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Thanks for Reading.

Ive been busy this last week as everything starts the hard transition into the prebudding stage. I do a pretty good job trellising but Im sure soon I will become trellis zen master. lol.

and Ill say it again for anyone who missed it. Problems Cloning? "Supernatural Rootburst Powder". aka blue crack. Best cloning powder Ive ever used. Im getting 100% success on runs of 200-350 cuts at a time.....it changed my attitude towards cloning.

Moonshine

"Supernatural Rootburst Powder".

Ok , always open to new things that fly great , will def take that as a really good recomendation & bump this ...tx !
"blue crack" huh ? lol.:bump:

* Worked with head Gardner of City of Oakland back in college , had me doing 5-6000 cuttings of Chrysanthemums for the largest Chrysanthemum show in the US ...good 'ol rootone powder was the bomb pro choice back then . Have always used Dip n Grow with good success since , tx for the suggestion .

Hey l_D_D , long time no see ! :wave:

ThaDocta

Veteran
The supernatural is good stuff, but way pricey for what it is. It's just powdered IBA (indole butyric acid). The fact its a powder is why it works better. Less chance of contamination and/or damping off at the clone's base. Some powders like rootone, even have a fungicide in them to help with damping off.

Cheaper alternatives are out there, even available at local contractor or department stores. Look for green light IBA rooting powder, or Rootone IBA powder. Always read the label and look for the IBA percentages. Anything .08 or greater will work a charm. Either of those will run about $5 for the equivalent amount as supplied by supernatural.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
The supernatural is good stuff, but way pricey for what it is. It's just powdered IBA (indole butyric acid). The fact its a powder is why it works better. Less chance of contamination and/or damping off at the clone's base.

Cheaper alternatives are out there, even available at local contractor or department stores. Look for green light IBA rooting powder, or Rootone IBA powder. Always read the label and look for the IBA percentages. Anything .08 or greater will work a charm. Either of those will run about $5 for the equivalent amount as supplied by supernatural.

Wait .... just posted a link here on IC on "Cannabis by Moonshine's" thread just
the other day to one of your older comparison threads on
CabCabana , ...regarding the Triangle Kush :
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4129182#post4129182

If ya are the same "Docta" then welcome back to IC mon ... the
Cabanna sure has been more or less DOA of late , be nice to get
some of u back over here ...if just for the
rare occassion ;)

cheers

mrose

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
That Green light is good stuff if you can find the .08%.

I like the talcum powder consistency of the rootburst.

Thanks Doc.

P

Paco

The supernatural is good stuff, but way pricey for what it is. It's just powdered IBA (indole butyric acid). The fact its a powder is why it works better. Less chance of contamination and/or damping off at the clone's base. Some powders like rootone, even have a fungicide in them to help with damping off.

rootone is the commercial grade one we use in production growing annuals and perennials . great success with it.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
nie docta showed up....aww shitty it's about to get real proper up in here....

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
don't forget rom's ssh on that clone list!
awesome smoke for sure.
glad a few homies still run her.

zenoonez

Veteran
I know the joe cut wasn't a from a connoisseur cultivar but anyone still running that bitch ragged? I know she made some people rich!

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
I know the joe cut wasn't a from a connoisseur cultivar but anyone still running that bitch ragged? I know she made some people rich!

You talking the JoeSchmoe Casey cut? If so , Ive got 3- 3 x 6 with 18 caseys each on em in the commercial spot. Hope she makes ME rich, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.