What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Legal Weed so far?

S

sativaking

So the story goes that a lot of bunk LP stuff is out there. Whats the best you have sampled so far anyone bought legal company weed yet?

stonedfly

my dad bought a half zip for just under $200 from the BC online store, said it all was super dry, turned to dust in grinder. bought 4 different strains, all the same.

I

Ignignokt

Jesus christ.... how can they get it so wrong??

Sure some people are better at it than others but it's not some mystical art to produce half decent herb. :dunno:

clearheaded

well part of it is it sits over dry in 1 -5 gram containers which is like a g in plastic sandwich bag for 4-6 months before even got on a shelf.. I know for certain aurora prerolls are from 6 plus months ago, and who knows when the products was harvested that typically is not cured properly.

I have heard mixed reviews on broken coast, often very dry low taste. however it likely is better on lp spectrum and actually burns white.

also remember these are grown via head office and 11 dollar an hour laborers who really dont know or care actually are growing. Also head office may not be best growers to start with.

all those things add up and ends up being fiarly shwagy. some looks nice but no smell or in tweeds case smells of a chemical rinse used to "clean" microbes etc leaving it tasting like plastic or very faint taste. will be interesting IF can grow these giant grows and produce quality. very hard for them to have alot of variety and if do rotate hard to dial in the grow. but i think alot of it is just processing some is due to regs but can be done.

first crop from tilray was fuego but it was from HGG, stink up whole house when cracked the package.... so somehow that passed tests, but after that it just all was very bland and over priced... kept hoping, even tried 29% shit, but def was not 29% lol ended up just siting till turned brown as not worth smoking. they just need to focus on making oils or vape pens/other delivery methods cheaply if these LPs dont shift they will slowly go down as craft growers is the choice among consumers. and they will have to be insanely cheap to move product and not this auto sell out shortage we currently have. Also tweed has turned there nose at there retailers suppling there flagship stores and leaving others to have no product... imagine wont be getting many orders once market opens up, when they should be kissing retailers butts and trying to get them to make money so they can be successful as particularly hard to keep doors open when no product to sell. and when see the tweed shop flush with product cashing in, imagine not the best taste in retailers mouths, and imagine wont talk highly of there product and try and push it over others.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Fugazi Weed

Fugazi Weed

For the most part, LP weed is garbage. I refer to it as fugazi. Most strains offered are either completely bogus, or very weak/poorly grown examples thereof.

Most mass producing LP's use trimming machines that take too many trich's away, that is, if there are any to begin with. Most bud is then badly cured and sits around forever while it allegedly gets tested for cooties.

It then gets shipped to a Government sanctioned/licensed retail outlet, ready for the gullable "Duff Beer" loving consumer who is tickled pink to be blatantly ripped off.

Alas, don't despair, because I'm sure the Government has our better interest's in mind ...... :fsu:

RMS

:smoweed:

troutman

Seed Whore
I've tried a few types and to be honest I would hate myself if I ever sold stuff like that.
I recommend everybody grow at least their 4 plants if they can to get a cleaner product.

diffusing

what i'm curious about.. is say you have a med licence for indoors... you growing your max amt. can you add 4 plants to that? and .. can you grow those 4 outdoors?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Diffusing, yes you can have 4 additional "recreational" plants and yes outdoors, that was direct from Health Canada.

Latest posts

Latest posts