What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mites ?

PhishHead

Hey everyone could use some help. Not sure if its mites, powdery mildew, or what is happening.

It has been going on all week.

I'm growing in Coco, using 6/9. Half RO half tap. Ph 5.7-6. Temps are usually 75° and 45% rh.

They are getting over some root rot. Roots seem to be bouncing back and looking good.

They have this dusting on the plants and spots. I've checked the top and bottom of the leaves and haven't found any bugs. I've also checked the roots.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i see the pics, it's powdery mildew. real pta, if you want that to work out you will have to use fungicides on a regular basis till a few weeks from harvest time. or you can throw it away and increase the air flow and start again after a through clean up of the space.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
btw that plant will never produce clones that are safe from PM, its systemic, so there is no getting rid of it unless you are willing to use a systemic fungicide that will stay in the plant for months and even years.

PhishHead

Damn. What fungicides would you recommend using ?

I'll start some seeds for the next batch and for future moms.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
something that seems quite harmless is called greencure if i remember correctly, this stuff is supposed to be relatively benign and seems to work to help get folks to harvest. not sure what it's called but years back i used a fennel based one that kept things in check for a few weeks per spray application and was supposed to be bio certified. but yeah i advise to get a strain going thats clean and can stay clean in your growing conditions. nothing worse then having to spray anything on your flowering plants.

i'm sure others will chime in with a few ideas for products. some peeps have some luck with diluted milk sprayed on the plants to change the ph on the leaves. but i have no experience with this.

PhishHead

something that seems quite harmless is called greencure if i remember correctly, this stuff is supposed to be relatively benign and seems to work to help get folks to harvest. not sure what it's called but years back i used a fennel based one that kept things in check for a few weeks per spray application and was supposed to be bio certified. but yeah i advise to get a strain going thats clean and can stay clean in your growing conditions. nothing worse then having to spray anything on your flowering plants.

i'm sure others will chime in with a few ideas for products. some peeps have some luck with diluted milk sprayed on the plants to change the ph on the leaves. but i have no experience with this.

Thanks for the tips gaiusmarius ! Doing some research on it now

Latest posts

Latest posts