What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

Small piece of a large OPC bud.
At about 15 days of cure. Smoked a small bowl, about .25 gram, very high, very fast, trippy ( I felt like I was hollow and I could feel my skeleton supporting my super light body). Closed my eyes and felt like this would be good for meditation and introspection. Initially it came on so strong that it made me stupid. I tried to download a photo and screwed it up and I didn't know how I did it. Then I felt kind of drunk. I got up and I staggered. Focus drifted from limited focus to intense focus. This is some cool shit and it's not been curing long. There's a little voodoo in this one.
picture.php

Last edited:

TheBlaze

I typed out this long ass message last night, but then I got high, and didn't finish it. So this morning I typed out the last few sentences but my session had expired. Oh well...

I love blueberry strains. I've had some great ones, like New Blue Diesel and Blue Venom. The blueberry always carries across a nice narcotic feeling, and a distinctive taste and smell.

I've got some LV420 and New Blue Diesel growing now. I can't wait to see them perform in flower.

EvergreenState

The Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough is the one strain that I've used that I think would please the Indica lover, the sativa lover or the hybrid lover. It's that first sip in the morning from that nice cup of hot coffee, Ahhhh. That first drink from that cold beer after a long hot day, Ahhh.

EvergreenState

A little dab with a big hit. Blueberry BHO. Intense:eek: And a Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno bud. It turned out great and I'm enjoying it more and more as it cures.
picture.php
picture.php

TheBlaze

That BttC has tons of bag appeal.

I must look into strawberry cough then. I recently grew out some strawberry amnesia. (strawberry cough x amnesia) That was very good smoke. Powerful stuff though.

EvergreenState

Thanks for the compliment on the Back to the Congo Deep Chunk pheno. It turned out really well and I'm pretty proud of it.
The Strawberry Cough helps you enjoy yourself and have a good time. It brightens any situation.

TheBlaze

Talking about strawberry cough... I also just harvested strawberry diesel. This version of it is strawberry cough x nyc diesel. So that is 2 strains in the last 3 months with strawberry cough in it.

I must definitely make a plan to grow strawberry cough on it's own then.

EvergreenState

Smoked some OPC buds this morning that I dried normally, then I threw them into a brown paper bag and left them there. I've been sampling bud all along, after about 7 days of curing in the traditional way, closed jar with the humidity at about 64%.
This morning was the first time I tried any buds from the paper bag; they've been in the bag about 10 days. I don't think the quality of the high is worse than the buds that are curing in the traditional way. This bud this was at least as good as the others if not better.
This curing experiment is interesting for me. SO FAR I don't see any big advantage. It could be the buds in the bag are curing in some way but I'm sure the humidity in the bag is much lower than the humidity in the jars and would be considered out of the curing zone, probably by a lot. With the curing thing, I have noticed some improvement with but after smoking these buds this morning, I don't know if it's a superior method. The longer these buds cure or age in the bag, I may see a big change. We'll see. So far, I'm not feelin' it dawg.

TheBlaze

It seems like you were trying to get to the Strawberry Cough all along. Then you ran into me, a guy who loves the plant and recommends it to you. I think that plant is your density!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqKmb7SSpTE

You may be right there Evergreen. Let's see if I actually get my latest seed purchase though. It's been almost 3 weeks, and tracking has showed no info since it left the UK on it's way to SA. I'm not optimistic. What a pity.

EvergreenState

picture.php

This 3.1 gram OPC bud has been curing for about 3 weeks or there abouts and it's the first time I've noticed a pretty significant increase in quality due to the cure. The effect of totally easing all pain from head to toe, making your body feel very light and almost like it is hollow, the increased awareness and focus, have all been intensified over the last week or so. This is really great pot.
The potency is spot on. Not too much and not too little. This is based on my tolerance which is moderate. I filled a medium size bowl and took about 5 hits off of it and I'm nicely baked. I'd say potency is a 7 to 8. Enough potency where you feel it right away and there is no, I wonder if I'm high or getting high after 5 minutes or so. You know it right away. It's not one of those where you are frightened and where you very soon start thinking, maybe I should have only hit this one once. Now you sit down and do a 10 minute session where you burn down three bowls, well, I don't want to try that with the OPC.
I respect it's potency. If you have a high tolerance you may need to smoke those three bowls. Tolerance is specific to each individual so it's impossible to put a hard number on the potency. For some this may be a 10, for others a 5 but for me it's a perfect 7.5. It won't scare you to the emergency room but it's not a pat on the head either.
It's very relaxing and makes me very mellow yet still stimulated. You can and want to do things and you'll be doing them in a relaxed, pain free way. However it makes you feel so good you really want to chill too.I think I'm feeling the full potency now after about 15 minutes and it's great.
Best of all is that I got a very nice yield from the OPC, almost 2ozs./56 grams per plant; vegged in a one gallon/3.7 liter pot and flowered in a 3 gallon pot. The smell is very intense now, especially when you start taking nugs off the big bud to pack your pipe. It is very fragrant, it's a beautiful fragrance and I still can't compare it to anything that I've experienced. It's a unique smell and it's wonderful. Taste is nice and the smoke is smooth.:woohoo:

EvergreenState

Anyone ever tell you that you can't store pot in the freezer for a long time because it will ruin it, don't believe him. I just smoked a bowl of some old, 2 years, Reeferman Harmony that's been in the freezer in a plastic bag. I got very high,
picture.php
8+ potency and it burned great, kept a nice cherry.

EvergreenState

Thanks Blaze. I'm sure I'll start another journal at some point but for the time being I'm going to be enjoying my harvest, making hash and having fun.:biggrin:

Goats

Anyone ever tell you that you can't store pot in the freezer for a long time because it will ruin it, don't believe him. I just smoked a bowl of some old, 2 years, Reeferman Harmony that's been in the freezer in a plastic bag. I got very high,View Image 8+ potency and it burned great, kept a nice cherry.

Been storing my bud in the freezer for years and never had any negative effects from it.

Golden Tree

Absolutely Amazing as always! Thanks for letting me tag along...that Harmony sure brought back memories!

Your journals are a world apart from most! It's just an honour to be included in one brother!

I thank you again for your dedication to this craft...thanks for your honesty...time and kind words!

Nothing but love and respect for you and these amazing journals

It's always sad to see you sign off!

Thanks again amigo

GT

EvergreenState

GT thanks for the great compliments. It gives me confidence knowing that I'm creating something that people enjoy, value and appreciate. Without your generosity and kindness in providing the OPC seeds, I wouldn't have been motivated to do a diary. I was excited to grow out those seeds and I thought that type of strain would interest quite a few people. Cambodian sativa grow reports are rare and everybody loves a long flowering sativa grow.
It is difficult to muster the patience to do those grows. I have a point in most grows, unless it's a grow where all the strains finish in 60 days or less, where I'm kind of done. When you consider the germination time, the seedling stage, the veg. stage, usually 2 months to get big, full grown plants, (shorter time for hydro. usually), long flowering sativas being the exception, flowering stage, drying stage, curing stage, oh and I forgot the ordering the seeds and waiting to receive them stage. You usually have over five months invested and if you have to add maybe 2 more months waiting for long flowering sativas, that takes serious patience waiting maybe 7 months before you get to try it.
I think when someone does it, people want to see it because they appreciate that kind of patience. There were many days where I was ready to cut them down but I would always think, don't waste all of the time and effort you've put it to these so far by not waiting until they are ready to be harvested. If I cut them down too early then I really wouldn't have been experiencing the strain the way it was meant to be experienced and it would have been a waste of time.
You keep going though because you want to experience that unique sativa high. I've been sampling this one each week as it cures and it changes every week. I'm pretty sure it's going change more and more the longer it cures so I'm going to get to experience something different almost every time I try it. I'm excited and I'm looking forward to all of those new experiences. Thanks GT, that's a big gift.:tiphat: