What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

Reeferman Orange Pekoe Cambodian F2's from Golden Tree. Richard William's Back to the Congo is a cross between Tom Hill's Deep Chunk and a Congolese. ACE seeds also collaborated with Richard and they put out a version of this strain. There is also 1 Humbolt Seed Organization 707 Head Band that I got as a freebie. There are 11 OPC, 3 Back to the Congo and 1 HSO 707 HB.
I vegged them outside for 35 days. The HSO 707 was a slow vegger and really needed another month of vegging but the OPC was getting so tall I decided to bring them all in before the height of the OPC blew my cover. I vegged them all in 1 gallon pots in Black Gold Natural and Organic Potting Mix and Jobe's organic Tomato and Vegetable fertilizer. I repotted them into 3 gallon pots one day before putting them into flower and I used the same potting mix and the same fertilizer. They are starting the second day of flower today.
It looks like, for now anyway, that they are all females. The OPC and Back to the Congo are regular seeds and the HSO Head Band is a feminized seed.
So far so good. I put about a quarter cup of the fertilizer into each pot when I repotted them. That may not be enough for the OPC because they have a long flowering time but we'll see. I was going to add photos but I have no idea how the drag and click images from albums works. It used to be easy to add photos to posts but I guess that has been fixed.:bigeye:

EvergreenState

I'm having trouble getting photos from my forum albums into my posts. You're supposed to be able to drag or copy photos from albums and put them in posts but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. I contacted this site asking for guidance on how to do that but I haven't had a reply. If someone could please help me out with that I'd appreciate it. I'd like to show progress of my grow with photos. Thanks

gorilla ganja

Well I'm very interested in Orange Pekoe Cambodian or anything from Golden Tree.

Click on your name top right ( go to your profile page)
Go to my albums ( start an album)
Open new album and bottom left of page upload images

You can upload 5 at a time and it's better and faster if you resize first. Wipe any data off them if they were taken from a phone.

Edit. Opp's I think I miss understood your problem. If you have pics in album already.
Go advanced when posting and just insert image on bottom right side of page.

Looking forward to seeing some pics and subbed for the show.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

Reeferman Orange Pekoe Cambodian F2's from Golden Tree. Richard William's Back to the Congo is a cross between Tom Hill's Deep Chunk and a Congolese. ACE seeds also collaborated with Richard and they put out a version of this strain. There is also 1 Humbolt Seed Organization 707 Head Band that I got as a freebie. There are 11 OPC, 3 Back to the Congo and 1 HSO 707 HB.
I vegged them outside for 35 days. The HSO 707 was a slow vegger and really needed another month of vegging but the OPC was getting so tall I decided to bring them all in before the height of the OPC blew my cover. I vegged them all in 1 gallon pots in Black Gold Natural and Organic Potting Mix and Jobe's organic Tomato and Vegetable fertilizer. I repotted them into 3 gallon pots one day before putting them into flower and I used the same potting mix and the same fertilizer. They are starting the second day of flower today.
It looks like, for now anyway, that they are all females. The OPC and Back to the Congo are regular seeds and the HSO Head Band is a feminized seed.
So far so good. I put about a quarter cup of the fertilizer into each pot when I repotted them. That may not be enough for the OPC because they have a long flowering time but we'll see. I was going to add photos but I have no idea how the drag and click images from albums works. It used to be easy to add photos to posts but I guess that has been fixed.:bigeye:

I know someone who has a few packs of the OPC.

"Golden tree" did a better job on those f2 than reeferman did on the OPC.

When you go to post, go to advanced, on the right side theres an insert image button

EvergreenState

Thanks everyone for your help. I hadn't checked my email for a couple of days and Skip did answer my question. I just assumed I'd get a private message here on the site answering my question. I went to the full site version and now it's as I remember it being and I can add images easily. I'll take some photos when lights are out tonight but here are my first photos.
The first photo is of the OPC. The OPC'S are all over 6 feet tall and thank god I didn't do my normal 2 months of veg. because they would now be giants. They've grown 18 inches in a couple weeks of flower.
The Back to the Congo by Richard William's are really pretty plants and I think I have one that is leaning towards Tomb Hill's Deep Chunk. It has much fatter leaves than the others. The Humbolt Seed Organization 707 Head Band has surprised me in how much it has grown in flower. It needed more time in veg. and I thought it would end up being a small plant. It's stretched to over 4 feet tall and is spread out nicely.
I had 5 males. 4 OPC and one Congo. I always hate tossing those guys. They are frequently my favorite plants in the room and it's always disappointing when they turn out to be male.

EvergreenState

Images of Orange Pekoe Cambodian. This is the tallest one of the group at 77.5 inches. When I put it in the room to flower it was 54 inches tall. It grew nearly 2 feet in about 17 days. You can see the large distances between nodes and the open, spread out nature of the plant. All of them are in 3 gallon pots. I can only imagine how large these would be if they were allowed to veg. longer than the 35 days I vegged them and in larger pots than the 1 gallon pots I used for veg. I would normally veg. for 60 days and with longer flowering, large sativa dominant strains, I use 5 gallon pots for veg. and 10-15 gallon pots for flower.
If vegged normally and put into large pots for flowering, I can easily imagine 9 to 10 foot tall plants that would need a lot of room to spread out. The smaller pots are allowing me to grow a larger number of plants but honestly there are too many in my flower room. Ideally I would grow 2 to 4 of these big girls under a 1000 watt bulb. I think I have about 10 plants in my room now under a 1000 watt bulb.

EvergreenState

I sent a message to Richard William's and I asked him if the wide leaf Back to the Congo plants were Tom Hill's Deep Chunk phenos. He told me that they were and he hoped I got the stinky Congo smelling Deep Chunk pheno. When I do a stem rub on this plant it is a very pungent, funky smell. When I smell the plant itself the odor is mild right now but it's still pretty early in the flowering stage.
This plant is clearly different from the Back to the Congo's I grew previously or the others in the room now. I'm pretty excited to get a special pheno of this plant. If the male would have had this same structure I would have kept it and pollinated this wide leafed female.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Taggin' in so I get to see what these babies turn into. That Deep Chunk pheno sounds great!

EvergreenState

Thanks for responding guys. I vegged the OPC for 35 days. I really do believe this is naturally a very big plant. If you put it in a larger pot during veg. and vegged longer, it would be huge. I don't know how it would do with topping but you can probably get it to bush out nicely.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74217&pictureid=1775253&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74217&pictureid=1775255&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74217&pictureid=1775256&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74217&pictureid=1775257&thumb=1]View Image[/url] Images of Orange Pekoe Cambodian. This is the tallest one of the group at 77.5 inches. When I put it in the room to flower it was 54 inches tall. It grew nearly 2 feet in about 17 days. You can see the large distances between nodes and the open, spread out nature of the plant. All of them are in 3 gallon pots. I can only imagine how large these would be if they were allowed to veg. longer than the 35 days I vegged them and in larger pots than the 1 gallon pots I used for veg. I would normally veg. for 60 days and with longer flowering, large sativa dominant strains, I use 5 gallon pots for veg. and 10-15 gallon pots for flower.
If vegged normally and put into large pots for flowering, I can easily imagine 9 to 10 foot tall plants that would need a lot of room to spread out. The smaller pots are allowing me to grow a larger number of plants but honestly there are too many in my flower room. Ideally I would grow 2 to 4 of these big girls under a 1000 watt bulb. I think I have about 10 plants in my room now under a 1000 watt bulb.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74217&pictureid=1775254&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

There are sativas that stretch up to 3" a day! That cambodian is pretty nice looking, though im glad for you its not one of those ones. OPC can keep stretching for quite a while you might end up having to train it.

I would keep them in 5 gals they wont get so big. Anything bigger than a 5 and they will get pretty sizable, no matter what the pot is filled with, dirt or a hydro mix

EvergreenState

There are sativas that stretch up to 3" a day! That cambodian is pretty nice looking, though im glad for you its not one of those ones. OPC can keep stretching for quite a while you might end up having to train it.

I would keep them in 5 gals they wont get so big. Anything bigger than a 5 and they will get pretty sizable, no matter what the pot is filled with, dirt or a hydro mix

I think you can train them by topping them a couple of times and maybe more even in a large pot(10-15 gallons), to get a big bushy plant that would probably be the best way to grow them to get the best yield. It would probably be pretty large in diameter requiring quite a bit of floor space but the height could be controlled by the amount of topping.
Ideally would be having the right environment where you could grow them outdoors and then you'd have a giant plant.

EvergreenState

The Deep Chunk pheno of Back to the Congo is 61 inches tall and the tallest Back to the Congo is 65 inches tall. I think I have 6 OPC and they range between 71 to 78 inches tall as of today and I think they are done stretching. The HSO 707HB is 60 inches tall and looks very good.
I started feeding them a very light feeding at every watering of about 1/3rd of a teaspoon each of Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and General Hydroponics Armor Si per gallon. I would normally use Dyna Gro Pro Tekt as my silicone product but I was out and I was given a small bottle of the General Hydroponics Armor Si as a freebie at a local grow store to try out. It appears to be very similar to the Dyna Pro Tekt. The Pro Tekt is 0-0-3 and the Armor Si is 0-0-4.
I noticed the plants looked kind of tired and a little droopy. They didn't look perky and vibrant. After the first feeding there was a noticeable difference in how the plants looked. They now look perky and vibrant. They now have that happy look.
The current feeding is very mild, about 300ppm, so I don't expect any problem and instead of feeding at every watering as I have been, I may try alternating by giving them water only every other feeding. If they start to look droopy again I'll go back to feeding at every watering. I ph my nutrient water to between 6.2-6.5. Currently there aren't any signs of nutrient deficiencies or other health problems.

I think you can train them by topping them a couple of times and maybe more even in a large pot(10-15 gallons), to get a big bushy plant that would probably be the best way to grow them to get the best yield. It would probably be pretty large in diameter requiring quite a bit of floor space but the height could be controlled by the amount of topping.
Ideally would be having the right environment where you could grow them outdoors and then you'd have a giant plant.

You would be doing quite a bit of pinching you would be better off training it early or tossing a net over it and scrogging it if a short bush is your goal with a sativa dom, in my opinion.

Personally i used to keep them in smaller pots, shorter veg times they were just mini versions of what they could become. I prefered it to training or topping extensivly. I top early to get a better plant structure typically but i dont do it to control height. It works, i just rather not mess with my plants more than i have to

EvergreenState

You would be doing quite a bit of pinching you would be better off training it early or tossing a net over it and scrogging it if a short bush is your goal with a sativa dom, in my opinion.

Personally i used to keep them in smaller pots, shorter veg times they were just mini versions of what they could become. I prefered it to training or topping extensivly. I top early to get a better plant structure typically but i dont do it to control height. It works, i just rather not mess with my plants more than i have to

To each his own. I'm not really talking about creating a short bush. I'm talking about creating a big bush about 5-6 feet tall and big in diameter and that's where a big pot, longer veg. time come into play. The plants I'm growing right now will more than likely not be very big yielders at all and for many people that is an issue.
To address that issue topping or other types of training as you mentioned, scrog etc. should be used and I think the OPC would work very well with all of those training methods and would then become a very good yielder. I personally prefer the larger pot, longer veg. times, topping and large diameter, moderately tall bush for big yields. I don't find topping takes very much of my time and is easy to do. Your methods work and work for you but what I'm suggesting is for people who are looking for very large yields. You could also go the hydro. route and I've seen people pull tremendous yields that way as well. Although, now that I think about it I don't know that I've seen It with long flowering sativas.
I wasn't looking for big yields this round and I wanted to see what they looked like naturally with no training. I know a lot of people are looking for big yields and they might be looking to see if the OPC would be a good choice for that. I think it would be but you are going to have to work it and there are many ways to skin that cat. Thanks for your reply.

To each his own.

there are many ways to skin that cat. Thanks for your reply.

I agree. I was just sharing my experience not looking to change your mind or say how to yield higher just saying my own preference.

If you want to see what they look like naturally no training the way i do it works well. Topping changes the way they loik from their natural state IMO

As far as sativas in hydro, ive done them in everything from organic dirt to hydro i do now they actually do better in hydro. More control what amd how much they eat, if you know whqt you are doing in hydro you can yield quite well on it.

Topping into a short bush and spreading it out or scrogging it will deffinitly improve the yield no doubt about it. 1 plant done in such a way would outyield 4 to 9 smaller ones done my way under the same light source. I dont do it tge way i do it for yield i do it like that because thats just what i like.

:tiphat:

EvergreenState

More photos of the tall OPC, I was wrong about them being done with stretching, I now have plants, 84,83 and 82 inches tall. The Back to the Congo all finished 60 inches plus tall. The 707 Headband is also about 60 inches tall. They are all healthy and happy.