What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion Auto White Widow

Gelado`

Veteran
Fertilizing my autos did much more damage than helping, and I had them in organic soil. Next run will just be in organic soil and watering only. I'll let the nutrients in the soil feed the autos, no need to add more for autos. Picked up some Mephisto autos for my next go around. There is a real learning curve when you try autos for the first time. Good luck with yours.

I think the no fert thing holds true for all plants that are done in under 12 weeks! Modern potting soil is already pre-fertilized. If you're making your own mix, it's probably nice and hot as is and doesn't need anything else!

Mandala Mike suggests only feeding when you see a need for it, and potting up is usually a better measure than feeding. That's the tactic I'll take on my next run; three girls in seven gallon pots and I'll only water in with pH adjusted water!

I'd like to try the Mephisto stuff some time. What did you get?

Gelado`

Veteran
The girls have all made nice progress in 24 hours. Gave them some water, then remembered I forgot the pH down! Adjusted the next quart and poured it on. They look happier. The two girls I potted up to 5 gallon pots look great today! both have put a little bud weight on. Here's hoping they get phat now that they have an extra two gallons to work with!

bigAl25

Veteran
There were quite a few stains of Mephisto out of stock so I selected the following: Sour Bubbly, the closet I'll ever get to a Bog (sour boggle) fem style plant: Deep blue C F2, Chem city blues, don't know but it has Chem in it should be good: Triangle, an OG Kush that I've wanted to try for a long time. My bonus was the Heisenberg special, Walter white in the strain. I was really surprised with the shipping and the bonus was an extra seed in the 3 orders, plus the freebie Heisenberg was 10 seeds.

EvergreenState

Gelato I like the way you watch your plants so closely, adjust, correct, learn and move on. I also read Mike's recommendations and found them very helpful. His whole philosophy can be summed up with, feed a very low level EC and probably much lower than you think and water properly. Homebrewer on this site, great grow diaries from him, is an advocate of using Dyna Gro, as am I, at very low EC levels and getting great results.
So many of the nutrient companies recommend pretty high EC levels, hydro growers use pretty high EC levels though and I have seen some remarkable results from hydro growers but with soil grows with adequate levels of organic nutrients or synthetic nutrients already in the mix, additional nutrient feeding isn't necessary. It's been awhile since I've read Mike's recommendations but I think I recall reading that at some point in a soil grow you may add a light one time nutrient feeding. Start of flower stage I believe.
I hope the total soil change for your next grow doesn't create too much of a feeding adjustment. I found big differences in how soil types affect nutrient uptake, watering frequency, ph, etc. It can be a tough transition. Good luck with that.

Gelado`

Veteran
There were quite a few stains of Mephisto out of stock so I selected the following: Sour Bubbly, the closet I'll ever get to a Bog (sour boggle) fem style plant: Deep blue C F2, Chem city blues, don't know but it has Chem in it should be good: Triangle, an OG Kush that I've wanted to try for a long time. My bonus was the Heisenberg special, Walter white in the strain. I was really surprised with the shipping and the bonus was an extra seed in the 3 orders, plus the freebie Heisenberg was 10 seeds.

I might have to give some Mephisto stuff a whirl some time, but I'm restricting myself to three girls at any one time, so it'll be a while! Got some Paradise autos coming in--Pandora, Auto Acid and Automaria II. The Sour Bubbly sounds enticing with BOG genes in the mix, and I'd love to grow a Chem or OG. I remember reading about the Triangle and wanting to pick some up. Something to consider for the future! Next run (whenever that is) will probably be AC Diesel, Dinafem Amnesia and Night Queen (all autos).

Gelado`

Veteran
Gelato I like the way you watch your plants so closely, adjust, correct, learn and move on. I also read Mike's recommendations and found them very helpful. His whole philosophy can be summed up with, feed a very low level EC and probably much lower than you think and water properly. Homebrewer on this site, great grow diaries from him, is an advocate of using Dyna Gro, as am I, at very low EC levels and getting great results.
So many of the nutrient companies recommend pretty high EC levels, hydro growers use pretty high EC levels though and I have seen some remarkable results from hydro growers but with soil grows with adequate levels of organic nutrients or synthetic nutrients already in the mix, additional nutrient feeding isn't necessary. It's been awhile since I've read Mike's recommendations but I think I recall reading that at some point in a soil grow you may add a light one time nutrient feeding. Start of flower stage I believe.
I hope the total soil change for your next grow doesn't create too much of a feeding adjustment. I found big differences in how soil types affect nutrient uptake, watering frequency, ph, etc. It can be a tough transition. Good luck with that.

Thanks, this is a new way of growing for me and I realize I've long been trying to do too much. Yes, Mandala Mike was all about 0.7 EC (including water) and ideally never having to feed indoors. The new medium is actually what he used himself when he wrote his guides! I realize there may be some variation between different brands of soil, so I am thinking about picking up two different kinds next time and seeing how they compare. There are a few organic brands for fruit and veg that might be good.

As for Dyna-Gro, I see a lot of you guys who really know your stuff use it! I will stick to Peters' Pro stuff for now as I have enough to last me forever and (ideally) i'll never have to feed! Mandala Mike's thoughts on feeding were to feed in veg or bloom ONCE if needed (at a very low strength, and then wait a week). If not needed, no feed.

EvergreenState

I used Peters last grow but I used the slow release pellets and I went by the instructions on the container. All I have to say is that those pellets have a very high concentration of nutrients. I got extremely high EC levels in the runoff. As you have found, you can use a very small amount of the Peters and get all of the nutrients you need.
I think if you use a soilless soil mix and very small amounts of Peters, you can get a clean, healthy grow. The Peters is inexpensive and at the very small amounts of it you need to use, will feed a bunch of plants over many grows. If you are on a very tight budget, Peters is the way to go.

Gelado`

Veteran
I used Peters last grow but I used the slow release pellets and I went by the instructions on the container. All I have to say is that those pellets have a very high concentration of nutrients. I got extremely high EC levels in the runoff. As you have found, you can use a very small amount of the Peters and get all of the nutrients you need.
I think if you use a soilless soil mix and very small amounts of Peters, you can get a clean, healthy grow. The Peters is inexpensive and at the very small amounts of it you need to use, will feed a bunch of plants over many grows. If you are on a very tight budget, Peters is the way to go.

Thanks, I figured as much! The Osmocote-type stuff is powerful and persists for a little too long, but outdoors it would probably be ideal (for guerilla grows too). Ideally I won't have to feed at all with the next run, but yeah, if I do need to, it'll be Peters' at 1/8 tsp per gallon. lol. I'd try out the Dyna-Gro at some point if I didn't have to have it shipped internationally.The shipping would cost more than the ferts!

Gelado`

Veteran

You cost me money--bought some 3 Bears OG and some Triangle!

Gelado`

Veteran
Freaking love Dutch Passion! show us the girls man

I'll get some pics up soon! The tallest one is really very sativa. She is putting some weight on now, but lots of skinny buds, vs fatties. It'll be interesting to see how the different phenos compare (as always)!

Gelado`

Veteran
Day 40. 30-40 days to go. Perhaps earlier for the farthest along since she is pretty developed! I'm thinking 30 days maybe enough for two of them, but the sativa-looking girl might need 40. Here we go! The indica girls are so bushy I can't get a good shot of their colas. Fans everywhere!

Loving the smells from these girls. New exotic aromas every day! Much fruitier and sweeter smelling than I expected. I'm getting blueberries from one of them tonight!

Attachments

• DSC_3695.jpg
    DSC_3695.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_3694.jpg
    DSC_3694.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_3689.jpg
    DSC_3689.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 13

Gelado`

Veteran
Girls are filling out and forming colas! The furthest along looks like she'll be a decent yielder. Maybe 1.5 - 2.5 oz at under 2 ft. Nice dense buddage too! I get brand name HPS bulbs at really good prices, so I am definitely changing bulbs every year!

Just picked up Dutch Passion's Auto Colorado Cookies, Glueberry OG and Brooklyn Sunrise. I need to stop buying beans now. Fortunately I have a vacuum sealer and a fridge just for beans and herb so the beans should last me several years!

Gelado`

Veteran
Yesterday, I noticed my bud development had stalled a little and decided to top dress each girl with a half teaspoon of high P guano. I watered it in and it disappeared.

12 hours later, all three have made surprising progress. Looks like they were a little low on P, or maybe they just had a rest day. lol

Gelado`

Veteran
Gave the girls a pint each of 1/4 strength bloom feed. Hopefully that doesn't burn them! It's gonna be a long month. I took a few popcorn buds off the second most developed girl a few days ago, plucked off the little fans and rolled a joint with the wet buds. It didn't burn very well. I left it in the ashtray overnight and smoked in the next day. It didn't taste too bad, surprisngly, and it did get me a little high. It was quite a clean, up high. I may need to buy a bag to tide me over until my girls are done. I haven't bought smoke in so long that I don't even have a hookup!

Gelado`

Veteran
Day 44...I'll start checking the first girl for readiness on day 70. Not long now! The colas are filling out and thickening. Gotta keep them hydrated and just stay patient. They get frostier and smell stronger every day! Keeping my hands off the nutes now and letting them do their thing. I feel there is too much salt concentration in the medium, but I will hold off on flushing since they are well into flower (except for the tall stretchy girl). I'll have to remember to keep my hands off the nutes for the next run. I also think I'll stop using the pH down as it appears peat blends tend to drift toward the acidic side of things on their own. That and all the salts means I may be better off watering in at 7.8 pH. For next time maybe I'll try an experiment where I use pH down on some girls and tap water (sans pH down) on the others.

Lots of yellow leaves on the furthest along and a little tip burn on almost all the leaves on all three plants. Ah well, I've done worse in the past. This is my first grow after a year's break, so I'll go easy next time and ensure my girls stay evenly moist and don't get rootbound. Most important thing to remember is to keep my hands off the powder nutes and let the prefertilized medium do its thing.

Gelado`

Veteran
Girls are fattening up nicely. I decided to stop using pH down since the plants are a little overfertilized, and I feel the excess fertilizer + breakdown of the medium means the pH is swinging toward the acid side of things.

Watered in epsom salts today. I'm watering more and the two that are farthest along are drinking about 1.5 quarts every 36 hours. I am giving them more water; I think they're approaching rootbound status in five gallon pots already, even though they were transplanted while already flowering. The taller, leggier girl is going to take longer to finish for sure. The two squat phenos look like they might be done at the start of week 10, but I'm waiting and watching for the calyxes to swell.

The leggy pheno really looks sativa and is gonna produce lots of skinny buds. She looks to need 11-12 weeks. The two squat girls are already resinous and sticky and funky. Definitely classic white widow aroma to them. While there is some serious variation in the pack, I'm sure I'll have some good smoke very soon! ;)

First pic is of a larger branch on the girl that's farthest along--I still can't get a proper shot of her cola because of all the fans in the way. Second is the main cola on the second most developed, and the third is the tall sativa pheno. The tall girl has a central cola surrounded by 12 branches topped with nice little buds. I'm hoping she fattens up considerably in the weeks to come as she's quite far behind the other two.

Attachments

• DSC_3729.jpg
    DSC_3729.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_3728.jpg
    DSC_3728.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_3733.jpg
    DSC_3733.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 13

Gelado`

Veteran
Farthest along is drinking quickly--got the medium nice and saturated yesterday and it looks like that is enough for around 48 hours. She rewarded me by packing on some surprising girth on her cola and buds yesterday. A few of the branches are almost as big as the colas! Got some interesting mango aromas from the resin on her when i was picking off dead fans. They're losing a few every day.

The second largest isn't drinking as fast, but looks to be about a week behind, so maybe she'll be thirstier next week.

The tallest is still very green and is slowly filling out--she's got a long way to go by the looks of it.

Gelado`

Veteran
The girls continue to put on mass, slowly but surely. Took a smaller bud from the farthest along just now; she smells very fresh and green, and reminds me of the Seedsman Skunk I grew a few years ago. I trimmed up the bud and left it on my desk to dry. Vaporized the resin right off the scissors and got a nice, clear high from it. Nice, hashy smell (as you would expect) from the scissor hash! Can't wait to try the bud once it dries out. :)

Gelado`

Veteran
The spliff I rolled with a little of the sample bud dried out enough to smoke it today. Nice, clean, up high and tastes surprisingly good already. I've been very productive since I smoked it! LOL.

The drying bud smells much stronger than the bud on the plant (of course) and I'm looking forward to trying it out once it dries out more fully. I definitely think even the oldest can go a week or two based on this bud sample. There are still a few clear trichs so she can go a little longer.

Oldest girl shows very light purpling on a few leaves (phosphorous deficiency). Gave her a tablespoon of high P guano and watered it in! It dissolves immediately.

Latest posts

Latest posts