What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions for Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro/Coco growers

Truthful

Hand watering coco w/ FP @ 1/2 tsp/gal in the 1st week of bloom, still looks like they need more I started @ 1/4 tsp everyday as they recommend for maintenance. What tsp/ppm/ec are you guys feeding your gals from early veg - late veg and then in flower? I see so much conflicting info about dosage w/ Dyna-Gro products, some say 1/4 tsp others say 1.5 tsp, my plants are doing fine they're a lil light greenish thinking I may need some extra Cal/Mg or P.

Thanks in advance!

Truthful

Well it seems like I'm getting my own answers, I started adding 1/2 tsp of CaliMagic and a 1/16 tsp of RAW Kelp per gallon this week since they were flipped and things have started greening up and praying again. Guess I'll stay the course doing this until week 4 when I plan to switch to PBP till flush.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
What I have done

What I have done

Do 5ml/gal. Foliage pro and I think you need to use protekt as well. I use it as much as needed to get ph where I want it which is 1ml/gal. with rain water.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Having great results with 5ml a gallon and 1/2 ml gallon of calmag...

With RO water, should be in the 800-900 ppm range...

Truthful

Thanks for the info guys, my tap is <120ppm (27ppm Ca, 8ppm Mg) adding 1tsp of MagiCal gets me around 320ppm, figuring most people water out of the tap is around the 350ppm mark. Started hitting my veggers this morning that I'm feeding V+B RO with 1tsp and they've perked up like that's exactly what they needed.

CaliMagic (1-0-0) is some strong shit too, half a tsp has my ppm higher than a full tsp of Magical (2-0-0)

2ppl

Krunch, I've read a lot of ur post, very informative and useful! I have a question for u or any other. My plants are about 4 feet tall, do u use 5ml FP throughout flowering , start to finish? Do u feed every watering? I water every 4th day for the first 4 weeks of flip and after that I water every other day. Do u guys feed water feed? Thanks in advance! This is the first run I'm doing with FP. Also what kinda ml strength and frequency u guys recommend for veg?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Krunch, I've read a lot of ur post, very informative and useful! I have a question for u or any other. My plants are about 4 feet tall, do u use 5ml FP throughout flowering , start to finish? Do u feed every watering? I water every 4th day for the first 4 weeks of flip and after that I water every other day. Do u guys feed water feed? Thanks in advance! This is the first run I'm doing with FP. Also what kinda ml strength and frequency u guys recommend for veg?

Starting to up it a tad to reach around 1000 ppm's...

Did 6 mls last night in a res to achieve the 1000 ppm...

2ppl

I'm also new to Fp, was using flora nova and also heavy 16. but I would always get mag deficiency after 2 weeks of veg, then I would add more calmag and the mag def would go away but then I would get a slight nute burn. I just couldn't dial it in. I use half ro water and half tap(tap water is 160 ppm on 500 scale). I just transplanted some sfv and gsc forum cut ( this cut I got sucks balls on the yield, gonna be the last run with the gsc) clones and gave it 2.5 ml and 1ml of protek and 1/2ml of calmag for the first watering. Today is my 3rd time of watering, I water every 3-4 days in those 4 in square pots, I upped the dosage to 4ml FP with 1/2ml protek and 1/2 ml, to see of my ladies can handle it. The ec is at .8 , 540 ppm on 500 scale. Gonna check up on them in 4 hrs to see if 4ml is too hot for them at this age.

Yah man, I'm with you on the whole info on dosage /frequency ....very conflicting. But, it's probably best if we figure it out on our own since no two grow is the same.

I'm also using Fp in flower right now, I switched from heavy 16, prime, nirvana, big bud, overdrive in mid flower to Fp. I'm in day 31 of flower. I tried out Bud ignitor for the first time this run and it didn't induce flowering at all... I took pics from my last grow daily and compared it to this run....no damn difference! Well, lesson learned and 65 bucks in the toilet. My first watering with Fp in veg, about a week ago, I used 2.5 ml just to test the water. Didn't want to messed things up in mid flower. A few days later I used 3ml, tonight I will bump it up to 5 ml, on krunch's recommendation, thanks krunch! I'll report back on the progress, thanks for opening this thread!

2ppl

Quick update on the 4ml dosage for my 10 day old sfv gsc forum cut clones. The 4ml/gal is a little hot for them, not too much, got a little eagle claws on a few leaves... And no nute burn. I'm going to use 2ml at my need feeding. Gonna try nute , nute , 1/2 strength nute schedule with 4ml in veg. I used 5ml for my 4-5 weeks old girls that's flowering, they are around 3-4 feet tall, they seemed healthy but I had two leaves in one plant that turned completely yellow, never seen that happened before. Since it's just on one plant I'll let it pass as an anomaly. Will keep an close eye on things. Oh , freaking eh... Found bunch of nanners on the bottom canopy of my gsc...almost made me throw up!!! Luckily it didn't spread to the buds, just on the calyx by the stem. I checked my sfv and fake wifi in the same room and they weren't affected. Gsc is known to pop nanners, no big deal unless those bitches spread to the buds. From my experience, those little nanners that popped the canopy from gsc don't really do much damage if any. Fingers crossed!! So I lollipoped a little more to get rid of all the stuff that's not getting good lighting.

Sorry for going off topic! Lol

2ppl

Truthful, how's ur dosage going for ur ladies? Keep us updated.

Don't mean to hijack ur thread. If I am let me know and I'll chill out on the post!

Oh yah , two of my gsc clones out of 25 yellowed out and about to die, they were my monster clones also! I flushed it with water last night to see if they would recover. Weird freaking shit!! Not sure if it's the FP or what, I'll post up a pic later tonight. But I never had a clone turn yellow and wilted after being rooted.

I add protek silicate first then FP then calmag to the reservoir, as I learned from others in this site. Ph down and the ph stays steady.

Truthful

It's all good plus it's been helping me out, and calmag should be added after the silica, if no silica is being used it should be added into water first. If I had a guess at it I'd say that's what's causing the problems.

I've been using the guide I saw in CocoJoe's Dyna-Grow thread, instead of ProTekt I use an 1/8 tsp OSA28 with 1/2tsp calmag + 1/2 FP in veg then in week 2 bloom I water the same amounts just twice a day. I wasn't watering twice a day til week 4 and they showed a little bit deficient but they're doing good now. Post away bro I'm trying to get a feel for the FP too and appreciate all the info I can get.

2ppl

Cool man! Dude, u water twice a day in coco? What size are ur plants and containers? My clones are in those 4" x 4" square pots , they are at day 11 today, about 6-10" tall and I water every 4thday. So I'll water Monday then I'll water again on Thursday . Just topped my clones yesterday. Going to transplant to number 1 pots in a week and get rid of my runts.

The two gsc that turned yellow , might have gotten nute lockout, flushed them with water and today they are showing green, got lazy and didn't even ph the water.

Here's a pic of the locked out gsc clones and another pic of healthy sfv and gsc clones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 20

2ppl

I stopped using dynagro FP in veg, my plants looks like shit, no nute burn , no deficiency but also slow ass growth and no vigor. I gave a buddy of my 12 of my clones and he is using flora nova and his are twice as big as mine. I'm using 3ml FP with 1ml protek 1 ml cal . Not liking it at all! Went back to flora nova two days ago , hopefully it will start vigorous growth again.

I've been using dynagro FP 5ml protek 1 ml , cal 1ml in flower and it's doing great!! Plants are healthier and buds are bigger than my last grow. Wtf??? Love it in flower but sucks serious balls in veg , not sure if my dosage was wrong in veg, but I don't think I'm using it for veg anymore. Wasted almost 4 weeks of veg time with dynagro FP and plants looks like weaklings/ runts. Anyone else has this issue in veg?

Edaisson

It's all good plus it's been helping me out, and calmag should be added after the silica, if no silica is being used it should be added into water first. If I had a guess at it I'd say that's what's causing the problems.

I've been using the guide I saw in CocoJoe's Dyna-Grow thread, instead of ProTekt I use an 1/8 tsp OSA28 with 1/2tsp calmag + 1/2 FP in veg then in week 2 bloom I water the same amounts just twice a day. I wasn't watering twice a day til week 4 and they showed a little bit deficient but they're doing good now. Post away bro I'm trying to get a feel for the FP too and appreciate all the info I can get.

Do you use Foliage Pro till the end of flower? Or do you switch at any time to somthing like Dyna Bloom or a combination of both? Just trying to see how well the 9-3-6 NPK levels worked for you in flower, as they sound ideal for veg.

Truthful

It didn't work so well with my other strains but my OG/Chem cross loves it. I use it till the start of week 5 then I switch to head's 6/9 lucas formula with Epsom salts to finish. I heard if you using the FP only stop feeding after week 6 in soil week 7 in coir on 9 week strains. My friend started using too around the same time but in ProMix, the nugs were potent bud he needed to use some teas the flav was lacking kind of like smoking regs compared to other nute lines we've used. I still use it to veg my OG/Chem with it but I give them 6/9 like the rest of the plants in bloom.

Lesterburnum

It's supposed to be a perfectly balanced diet with ro water.
1 ml gal of protek and 5 ml gal of fp.
And come in around 600 ppm on .5. Per Dave the ceo.

As soon as you start adding cal mag for shits and wonders you're done IMHO. Be it with canna or anything else.

I'm gonna give it a go. Went to get some of the fp today and they didn't carry that bottle.
I will tomorrow.

Try that and it'd be a good bet it will be different.

It sounds like your watering technique is what's the problem. Water when the pot is 50% light of full watered weight. Period. After a couple weeks you can almost water as much as you want.

I can see where a feet like this would lack a ton of flavor. Hopefully with some teas, coco and finishing touches we can get her to taste and reek.

Cheers

Lesterburnum

So I've been using it with protek for a couple of weeks. And man I have to say the girls look great. Different strains and all. Very well balanced diet.
Just started ONE going through flower but so far very promising.
I've switched all the veg over.