What's new

1st indoor drip setup need a little guidance

MonsterOG

I'm building my first drip setup indoor. I want to run with either 1 or 2 gallon pots. In a 4x4 area with 1000w hps over each 4x4 area.

Since this is my first round indoor with drip I want to keep it simple and get some pointers as I learn how this is going to work out.

I have 8" pots with net bottoms and I really feel like they could do well in a drip system that's being watered often. My goal is to water at least 2x per day up to 3x or 4x per day.

I'll be running OG and GG#4 and figuring the stretch and lankyness of these 2 strains i figure if I go 2 gallon pots around 9 plants or 12 in the 8" (1 gal) pots.

One of my questions would be are yeilds over 2ozs possible in the 1 gals if running drip watering often??

Another question would be run off. I'm debating buying a flood tray to catch run off or just running saucers. How much run off is NECESSARY?
Ive been growing in coco for years and my runoff has been minimal at best with good results but I grow big plants in 7 or 10 gal pots so I'm not to experienced past that.

Also I've read to run the drip system in a circle basically. To not have a "end" to the mainline. Any advice on this??

Gonna keep this post updated with pictures and a journal for notes so if you have any tips for me please post up.

Thanks

Monster

I'm building my first drip setup indoor. I want to run with either 1 or 2 gallon pots. In a 4x4 area with 1000w hps over each 4x4 area.

Since this is my first round indoor with drip I want to keep it simple and get some pointers as I learn how this is going to work out.

I have 8" pots with net bottoms and I really feel like they could do well in a drip system that's being watered often. My goal is to water at least 2x per day up to 3x or 4x per day.

I'll be running OG and GG#4 and figuring the stretch and lankyness of these 2 strains i figure if I go 2 gallon pots around 9 plants or 12 in the 8" (1 gal) pots.

One of my questions would be are yeilds over 2ozs possible in the 1 gals if running drip watering often??

Another question would be run off. I'm debating buying a flood tray to catch run off or just running saucers. How much run off is NECESSARY?
Ive been growing in coco for years and my runoff has been minimal at best with good results but I grow big plants in 7 or 10 gal pots so I'm not to experienced past that.

Also I've read to run the drip system in a circle basically. To not have a "end" to the mainline. Any advice on this??

Gonna keep this post updated with pictures and a journal for notes so if you have any tips for me please post up.

Thanks

Monster

Hey Monster,

Yields are so hard to guess. Too many variables (genetics, nutrition, environment etc).

As far as the "circle" you are correct. The idea is to keep pressure and get equal flow through every dripper. A bigger pump will help that as well.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Get the trey

Get the trey

It's just a nice option to be able to give them some run off if you want and you can just tape your drip lines around the lip. If you have a problem it won't flood your place. When mine get in their prime, week 4-7, I feed them 4 times a day and sometimes you end up with more runoff out of some pots and it's nice not to worry about it. There is plenty to worry about.