What's new

Best nutrient choice for Coco DTW

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
When I last grew coco I was using the H&G line. Before that I used the canna line.

I'd like to know what people are running out there right now. I'd also like to hear from anyone who has made the switch from H&G to Greenstone. If you've got a hacked recipe you'd like to share, that would be welcome as well.

I may just go with H&G since I'm familiar with it, but it never hurts to ask around.

Thanks.

:dance013:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
What didn't you like about the canna? What rate were you mixing the a&b? I ran a bunch of lines now I'm getting bomb results from just canna coco a&b at 9 ml/gal and a little silica added. Run thru blumats. Every 3 days I handwater in 12oz of + Size from V+B to plants in weeks 3-6 bloom. In veg I run maxigrow and a bunch of additives. These are what I tried before:
GH Maxibloom K.I.S.S. method
GH 3 part
GH 6/9
V+B HD
Canna kicks ass over all those:tiphat:

Weeded1s

Ugggh ... I did the veg + bloom nutes too. Scotts a cool ass mf and the first release was bomb. The later releases had too much n for flowering and the amazing 1 part became a 43 part with all his additions ..plus size etc etc.
I wont sit here n tell u 6/9 is the best but its a really easy program and it keeps a variety of strains content all at once on the same feed/res/ec. Its deff a good cheap kiss style way to grow in coco if thats even a direction youve been considering (life gets busy sometimes).
Just my opinon tho ..and opions r like assholes ..we all have them..and most stink! Lol

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I liked Canna, but H&G cost less overall while producing similar results IMO. I'm not sure if that's true anymore, but I'll check prices at my local shop this week.

I've never run the 6/9, but a friend runs a version of it. He includes Rock Resinator and Snowstorm Ultra in it. To be honest, I've never been impressed by the flowers he produces, but that may have more to do with his choice of additives rather than the 6/9 base.

I've seen people running that V+B on IG. I did notice that it went from a 1 part to all kinds of additives as well. I've never seen any finished flowers from it, and I'm not sure how the price point compares to the other lines. It was appealing as a 1 part, but it seems similar to all the other lines now.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
GH CocoTek seems pretty good to me, first dtw so nothing to compare to. I'm guessing it's beginner friendly because Im doing pretty well with it so far. It's a flexible 2 part with ca/mg.

Asslover

Veteran
GH Flora series....BOOM!
picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
6/9 - hygrozyme - sm90 - MOAB - Insect Frass - floral+ - microbe life plus c - protekt - roots excel

good luck

Azeotrope

Veteran
Some cost effective and VERY good notes that I used with great results.

Jack's Pro Hydro (JR Peters) 5-11-26 + CalcNitrate
Vertigro 6-12-28 + CalcNitrate
CropKing

BCNeil

The true KISS method.....Canna A and B.
You can get good results with just base in coco. With my tap water I get a good Ph too.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
New Millennium

New Millennium

It is easy and the results are as good as I have seen. In the past I tried canna, maxibloom, earth juice, and foliage pro. All are great products but quality and bulk are most evident with New Millennium.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Whats up my brotha
That abf is becoming a favorite after on test run people dig it. Me included

I try lil side chicks out all the time but i keep sticking with h&g as a base. You know its clean and stable. It grows the dank. Lil low in the N on its own but they got things for that and i just add a lil veg formula here n there to keep em happy
6/9 does fine super cheap. Fat yields. Never a complaint on my end.
Additives can make or break things aye so i use tried n true.
I tried the rock resinator n terpinator. No help imo i think the RR actually might be ok used lightly but honestly i use moab and find anything else unnecessary

For me h&g is solid
Always gets compliments on the finished flowers or that age old question "whatd you grow this with bro?"
Your already a user you know lol

Laavamara

i'm thinking how about ionic?
I'm wondering tho because I'm gonna make drain to waste one so should i get hydro or coco nutrients? How much coco nutrients like to sit in a res?

Laavamara

Ok planning to try this kinda setup:
15x 6,5l coco pots
Drip to waste
Regular seeds
Canna a+b
Rhizotonic
Ionic calmag +
Raw kelp
Raw humic & fulvic
Raw silica

What do you think?

TnTLabs

Biotabs
Canna A&B
GH 6/9

in that order..
for me the easiest is & best is Biotabs.. just add water and if they start to fade early
i add Canna A&B, simple

yesman

I'm fairly new to growing and I've only used Dyna-Gro's line for 1.5 grows, but I think it's awesome.

Protekt
Grow
Bloom
Mag-pro

Botanicare coco, RO water, no other supplements, no cal/mag issues.

Latest posts

Latest posts