What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese...

Rinse

Veteran
great vid rinse, the plants shown there look quite impressive for this red dust they sit in:biggrin:

has nobody crossed leb x haze or leb x other tropical ?

Yeah those Leb plants on the mountainside look just as beautiful as tropical sativa's imo.
Im pretty sure they have CBD pheno's think what could be done with those hash farms given fair trade exporting legally to med states.

I dunno, but if everything goes as i want. I'm about about to cross really soonish some pollen of a super early "sinai" male on a lovely "red thai" which is pretty squat! And then the sinai is pretty similar to leb in so many aspect!

For having growing both strains, i would definitly say. Sinai is earlier, more fruity, but still totally in the head as high! :dance013:

That sounds pretty epic, never heard of a Thai x Egyptian before :)

G`day MJP

I have read that Greece was a Hash making region .
Government crack downs in Greece sent the Hash Makers to Lebanon to re establish .

So maybe Turkish or Central Asian strains are in the Lebanese make up ??

re Datura .
I don`t like seeing it referenced at all . Carlos Castaneda, and his book the Teachings of Don Juan have much to answer for ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Yeah I heard the same Greece supposedly made some of the finest hashish, cant remember the dates but it got severely shut down by the government. Laws are terrible in Greece.
A real shame as its a lovely climate for growing weed of many types.

You here of Datura being used by shamans, but most "regular" folk do not gain anything beneficial from it, only poisoned and severely delirious with possible permanent damage.
I do wonder about that old shaman Don Juan if he was a figment of Carlos imagination.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G`day MJP

I have read that Greece was a Hash making region .
Government crack downs in Greece sent the Hash Makers to Lebanon to re establish .

So maybe Turkish or Central Asian strains are in the Lebanese make up ??

re Datura .
I don`t like seeing it referenced at all . Carlos Castaneda, and his book the Teachings of Don Juan have much to answer for ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I was unaware of Lebs origins or possible origins, whichever the case may be.
Thank you for sharing. :D

Those males up there are quite impressive.
Very stud like imo.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dunno, but if everything goes as i want. I'm about about to cross really soonish some pollen of a super early "sinai" male on a lovely "red thai" which is pretty squat! And then the sinai is pretty similar to leb in so many aspect!

For having growing both strains, i would definitly say. Sinai is earlier, more fruity, but still totally in the head as high! :dance013:

Your project sounds interesting.
Happy hunting through those beans. :)

I'm curious how you would compare the Sinai with the Leb.
What are the similarities & differences?

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
There a some remakes from Blue Hemps Lebanese also the one from RealSeedCompany is out there too :)

Its worth a try :)

therevverend

Veteran
I bet those Leb farmers have plenty of seeds and would love to share some. Seems like the perfect early season outdoor strain. One stalk colas with no branching, finishes in early September. Be nice indoors too.
Wish I had some, that would be a great project, breeding it up to modern cultivar standards.
I had a weird strain from a Canadian seed company I grew a few years back, called Lethal Purple. They lied about what it was. They said it was a big purple Indica. It was really a small one stalk mostly Sativa with minimum branching that finished early to mid September. Smelled sweet and fruity with a mild but pleasant effect.
It looked a lot like the Leb I've seen in pictures. One effect, after smoking it you couldn't sleep. Acted like coffee. Might have to grow a couple next year. But maybe not, it was low yielding and not as strong as other strains.
Oh, and with the purple and red colors I think the hash from it could easily turn out red.

therevverend

Veteran
Looking back through this thread, gotta say Rinse's picture of Blue Hemp's Lebanese looks just like Lethal Purple. Could be the same strain. I'd say Lethal Purple is definitely Leb especially because of the early flowering time. Need to plant some of the hybrids I made to see if the early trait breeds true.

window

Veteran
Mini Lebanese, a clone from only a single seed to sprout out of eight original r.s.c stock.:comfort:
A runt with low vigour, low calyx to leaf ratio but an incredible smell of sweet candy pear drops.:biggrin:
picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
There is a small seedbank in Northern Spain called Asturjaya they say they have true Red Lebanese sourced in the late 80's. The strain is called Red Cloud or Nube Roja. I can't find any grow reports anywhere.
All their strains look interesting, genetics from old school sources that are bred to survive in a cold wet mountain environment. If anyone has any information about this seed bank I'd love to hear it.

window

Veteran
Yes, Asterjayer seeds look great, I would love to try his Lebanese and his Mexican which is supposed to be an old Oaxacan.
I sent him an email to see if anyone was reselling his seeds in the U.K as I worry about ordering from abroad but it doesn't seem so, just Spain.
He did email me back a catalog and order form but in Spanish as I don't think he speaks English.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Doesn't Astur Jaya list the Nube Roja as F1?
On the contrary, their 'pure' varieties are designated as such...

therevverend

Veteran
Yes I checked again it's an F1. Unfortunate but it still looks beautiful.
I sent him an email his reply was in Spanish. He said his computer is set up to automatically translate German and English when he sends stuff.
He linked me to his site on Facebook. He has four new awesome looking strains that aren't on his website. He says one is from Thailand/Burma/Laos border, one from Karakorum, and two are from Himalaya. Very beautiful ornamental looking plants.
Everything he has is geared towards finishing early outdoors says he breeds in the mountains under harsh conditions.
He says the offerings from the Canadian Hemp Company are a ripoff not his seeds.
He says he doesn't like dealing with intermediaries which I can respect.
Send him an email to order.
Not that I'm a fan or anything, haven't tried his strains just like checking out obscure seed companies. This is the wrong place for all this so if I try any of his stuff I'll start a thread let you know if it's any good.

rik78

Veteran
Asturjaya AKA Astur"paja", literally Astur"hay"

the bank has a very, very poor reputation in the spanish forums (very low potency, not great taste and hermi prone) and you rarely see any grow report with their gear.

Personally, I will stay well away from their seeds.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Asturjaya AKA Astur"paja", literally Astur"hay"

the bank has a very, very poor reputation in the spanish forums (very low potency, not great taste and hermi prone) and you rarely see any grow report with their gear.

Personally, I will stay well away from their seeds.

Well Thanks for this Info! I was thinking ab out long time if i shpould try some of the gear they got, but always wondered why notbidy grows them or report them :) Big Thanks!

therevverend

Veteran
Yeah I was thinking that could be a possibility it looked like he was exaggerating his potency and his strains looked "landracy".
But this is a thread about landrace strains. His strains don't look like modern "worked" strains. Leafy plants with a lot of "landrace colors" you don't normally see, reds, purples, yellows I imagine he does grow in the mountains.
I was looking at his stuff to get some "wild" genetics that finish quick to cross with my late high potency stuff. Only one of his strains, the Celtic Stone, looked high potency although it looked like small yields.
Thanks for the info good to know.

rik78

Veteran
when I put "asturjaya" in google the 3rd entry is "Asturjaya 160€ a la basura" that translate as "160€ to the bin" and it is the second most well know spanish forum

use google and translate some of the post, some of the are gold...

same thing with the 1st entry from cannabiscafe.

I havent grow them, but... Where there's smoke, there's fire.

in another note, when you look for Lebanesse seeds RSC came up time after time, with plenty of grow reports in many lenguajes, most be for something, isnt it??

therevverend

Veteran
Tried translating that page and kind of figured out what was going on..some people liked his stuff some hated it..lot of bitching about non-feminized seeds which is silly, the complaints about low germination rates and hermie plants are more damning.
The main part is the price, for unstable outdoor landrace genetics he wants a lot for his seeds, RSC is a lot cheaper. As it should be for unstable landrace stuff. I'd be pissed if I spent that much for hermies and under 50% germ rates.
I don't think there's any true Leb strains out there except RSC. It's a shame when you see pictures of the fields there's thousands of seeds I'm sure those farmers would love to get $ for them. Too bad there's not a way to get those seeds to the west.

Tried translating that page and kind of figured out what was going on..some people liked his stuff some hated it..lot of bitching about non-feminized seeds which is silly, the complaints about low germination rates and hermie plants are more damning.
The main part is the price, for unstable outdoor landrace genetics he wants a lot for his seeds, RSC is a lot cheaper. As it should be for unstable landrace stuff. I'd be pissed if I spent that much for hermies and under 50% germ rates.
I don't think there's any true Leb strains out there except RSC. It's a shame when you see pictures of the fields there's thousands of seeds I'm sure those farmers would love to get $ for them. Too bad there's not a way to get those seeds to the west.

where there is a will, there is a way.... don´t be so naive!

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
As I understand, Lebs are done mid-end of sept. This would indicate that this variety triggers sooner, I think.
Correct me if I am wrong, please.

No perhaps in Spain but higher north the real Lebs i had started to flower at beginning of September.Another problem with the real Leb is that they are fungi sensitive in humid climates.

Leb'80 x Church f1

15326123660_a8ef09ffc7_z.jpg

RSC Lebanese

5027729804_255fe9f1ae_z.jpg

BTW Astur Jaya has a great Oaxacan in their stock.

Keep on growing :)

therevverend

Veteran
where there is a will, there is a way.... don´t be so naive!
Naive? You seen those guys on YouTube getting beheaded? Or the Vice documentary about the Hashish growers who guard their crops with AK47s and rocket launchers? You are naive if you think a westerner can take a vacation to the Bekka Valley, make friends with some Hezbollah militia, receive a bunch of seeds, then return home with head intact. It is a war zone.