What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese...

meizzwang

Smoke report on the last Lebanese "clone", finally got to try it! This was the highest yielding individual. Potency-wise, it was about as strong as the hermi-prone plant. Flavor-wise, even when vaping high quality scissor hash, it barely tasted like anything, probably the least interesting taste-wise that I've ever tried! However, the high was a comfortable balance between head and body, but probably more in the head. I think the quality of the high and bigger yield is the best highlight of this particular individual plant. It was also the longest flowering and wasn't done until end of Oct. outdoors.

To sum things up, my impression of Lebanese is that it's a mild strength variety ranging from no psychoactive effects to mild body and head buzz. The flavors range from out of this world to undetectable. The effects have been nil, body high dominant, and balance head/body effects. What I forgot to mention is that one individual got me slightly paranoid or gave me a racy feeling even though it wasn't very strong, haven't felt that in a long time. The others had blissful, unique effects that were as comfortable as can be!

I see this strain as one with great breeding potential if you're trying to unlock new flavors, quality highs, and interesting bud structures. Of course, if you want to find a winner breeding plant, you'll need to grow out a large number because the diversity appears vast! Keep an eye out for hermis as mentioned earlier, it's quite prevalent.

ngakpa

Veteran
I think you need to consider that the environment you have grown these in is a major factor in how the plants have behaved.

For example, have they been sharing rootspace with non-cannabis plants, and have they rooted through the added soil into the original soil etc. And if so, how has that affected them?

For potency, note that I have seen analyses of strong specimens of this Lebanese in the low teens THC, and others with almost exclusively CBD.

And yes, this is a traditional hash cultivar, so obviously it is cultivated for dry sieve resin production, not for consumption as bud.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Though...
The right buds do taste good.

I just smoked a two year cured Lebanese bud yesterday. Smelled & tasted great, even if potency was lacking.

ngakpa

Veteran
Here are some examples of the RSC Lebanese outdoors in various conditions.

The best looking plant was grown outdoors in Europe from one of the recent reproduction batches. Resin from the plant was 14% THC and 20% CBD, as tested in Holland.
picture.php

ngakpa

Veteran
My point was about potency not flavour.

Clearly real Lebanese hash tastes great.

The nicest plants will have a fruity cedar citrus aroma.

I will post some photos from a grow this year by some skilled legal growers in Oregon.

Healthy bushy plants with rock hard buds, resinous and stinky pine lemon

meizzwang

I think you need to consider that the environment you have grown these in is a major factor in how the plants have behaved.

For example, have they been sharing rootspace with non-cannabis plants, and have they rooted through the added soil into the original soil etc. And if so, how has that affected them?

For potency, note that I have seen analyses of strong specimens of this Lebanese in the low teens THC, and others with almost exclusively CBD.

And yes, this is a traditional hash cultivar, so obviously it is cultivated for dry sieve resin production, not for consumption as bud.

Perhaps professionals will grow larger numbers of seeds and have a higher chance of finding those stronger individuals. Others will get lucky and find a strong individual in a 5 or 12 pack. I grew deadhead OG right next to my Lebanese and it's devastatingly potent/tasty, so grower error or sub-optimal conditions isn't likely why these individuals I received are just moderately potent to inert.

For the average hobby grower, I'm hearing others report similar results regarding potency of their Lebanese plants, and my sense is that many others, including myself, don't really care about strength: strong strains are a dime a dozen. Anyone can easily acquire a strong yet boring dutch skunk hybrid anywhere.

The value in the RSC Lebanese strain with regards to breeding/preserving includes the following:
1) unique terpenes
2) potentially early flowering
3) enormous genetic diversity
4) amazing structure that appears to be dominant when hybridized
5) quality effects
6) Breeding for kief production (resin glands fall off very easily when dried, making these perfect for sifting and making concentrates).

Many of us are seeking new/unique genetics that have amazing highs, flavors, and the RSC's Lebanese hit the nail on the head in terms of quality effects and flavor, even with my limited small sample size! We're also genuinely interested in being a part of preserving these lines in the long run. What draws me to your genetics is the genetic diversity of your product and chance to acquire something that you can't get anywhere else!

I did find one Lebanese individual with a sublime, floral, unique rose-like flavor that you can't find anywhere else, and the high was incredibly comfortable. For me, being lucky enough to get that one individual made the whole experience worth it. Sadly, the best individual was a hermi, but I know quality genetics are in there, and I'm on the hunt for it again!

I believe times are slowly changing and the market isn't always going to be chasing the strongest strains. The general public will get tired of strong, boring highs and seek new terps and quality effects.

ngakpa

Veteran

hi Meizzwang

sorry, I think maybe my posts needed to be clearer

I'm not saying that the low potency plants had anything to do with the conditions or your growing

the low potency plants are producing CBD with low to no THC, which is what you would expect in a large % of plants in a pure unworked landrace hashish cultivar

the reason for my earlier responses is that your previous posts gave a misleading impression of being somehow definitive

but thanks for clarifying that in your most recent post, which I agree with

note: my claim about the THC and CBD %s is for the resin (not bud!)

here is an RSC Lebanese plant outdoors this year in Oregon, mid September

some slight stress signs on the leaf, probably from excess watering and richness

but otherwise very happy plant with dense buds, strong citrus and pine aromas (cedar)

troutman

Seed Whore
Perhaps professionals will grow larger numbers of seeds and have a higher chance of finding those stronger individuals. Others will get lucky and find a strong individual in a 5 or 12 pack. I grew deadhead OG right next to my Lebanese and it's devastatingly potent/tasty, so grower error or sub-optimal conditions isn't likely why these individuals I received are just moderately potent to inert.

You can't compare Landraces to modern day strains. Landraces are unrefined and have genetic variations that
help them survive changing environmental conditions. Whereas, modern day strains have been selected from a
few elite type plants. I can surely assure you that your deadhead OG or any other elite strain of today wouldn't
fare so well as a Landrace in it's natural environment.

Personally, I like having a lot variations to select from. :tiphat:

meizzwang

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61379&pictureid=1798922&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

hi Meizzwang

sorry, I think maybe my posts needed to be clearer

I'm not saying that the low potency plants had anything to do with the conditions or your growing

the low potency plants are producing CBD with low to no THC, which is what you would expect in a large % of plants in a pure unworked landrace hashish cultivar

the reason for my earlier responses is that your previous posts gave a misleading impression of being somehow definitive

but thanks for clarifying that in your most recent post, which I agree with

note: my claim about the THC and CBD %s is for the resin (not bud!)

here is an RSC Lebanese plant outdoors this year in Oregon, mid September

some slight stress signs on the leaf, probably from excess watering and richness

but otherwise very happy plant with dense buds, strong citrus and pine aromas (cedar)
Thanks for the clarification Ngakpa, definitely see what you're talking about. There's a lot of pages in this thread, so if it's not read in its entirety and single posts are being interpreted on their own, a bit gets lost in translation.

Stash

Here is a copy paste post from a good friend at another site. The seeds were made from seeds that I've held for about 20 yrs.

" Lebanese hashplant: Stash sent me some Lebanese seeds. There were only like five seeds and only two or three sprouted. These looked exactly like the Bubba Kush plants I had at the time. My impression was that the mystery seed in the Bubba Kush was most likely an exceptional Lebanese, Pakistani, or similar. Speculation that similar ancestry is the reason for the Ogers Kush fame as well.

It would be great to cross the Bubba Kush to your Lebanese. I have great interest in the Lebanese. Please keep us updated with pics if you can.

My next goal will be to do an indepth exploration of the Bubba Kush/Ogers Kush and breeding effort. You gave me an idea to look into the Lebanese, Pakistani, and Afghani as well. I am going to ask our European Brethren for assistance in seeds. I know XXXXX at ICmag would be a great start. If anyone has any exceptional seeds that would work with this project, please let me know."

"I have seeds that I have made in the last 2 to 4 yrs (to me that is very fresh) as usual all females bred to all males, kept pure. So I have given many of these away already and I am down to my last 300 or so of the Lebanese Hashplant f2. If I knew that you needed them you would have had them already. What you need is yours."

Later, Stash

Blowmonkey

My experience with Bluehemps Lebanese spans well over 10 years now. It's like polishing a turd, I pretty much gave up. It's probably my own doing, the amount I started with was simply not large enough for a good selection, just the 1 pack. The cannabinoid profile for the one plant I had tested through TLC came back with low amounts of thc, some thcv and cbc, iirc. Couple samples lighted up on the beam test I did a couple of years ago so there's cbd in some pheno's too. Found nothing real high in thc yet, so if that's what you're looking for, look further, it's not consistent. The other cannabinoids could be interesting, but generally people want a higher amount of thc than what you can easily find in this. Good amounts of resin on most plants, lot's of leaf too though. The smells are amazing, from rasp/black/blueberry, sandalwood, pepper, pine, pineapple, citrus, anise, menthol, bubblegum, carrot, geranium, hash, you name it. The taste however, it's straight unpalatable. Finishing a joint is a hard task, halfway through and the tar and resin build up is enormous, you feel like you're puffing on an old, wet cigar. The aftertaste, it's absolutely acrid, foul, bitter and pretty dominant in whatever I've crossed it to; maybe bar blueberry, which had more resulting flo expressions than flo itself. Still, there was that walnutty, tobaccoey, burnt rubber aftertaste in the background, it simply does not want go away. Makes great tasting hash though, especially the purple berry types, ime.

Throughout the years I've really only seen a handful of posts about truly good or outstanding bluehemp leb plants. There's rinse's posts, there's these posts from mightyka with the insane pink pistil leb and the one above from goyakla, that's pretty much about it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5321956&postcount=17

While I don't discount there's probably some great plants to be had from the various Lebanese lines, you will either have to be really lucky or start a very large sample size to find something that works, with the bluehemp line at least. I'm not going to bother starting large amounts of this anymore, unless I want to make hash. It's just too much work breeding in the good and breeding out the bad.

These looked exactly like the Bubba Kush plants I had at the time. My impression was that the mystery seed in the Bubba Kush was most likely an exceptional Lebanese, Pakistani, or similar.

Funny you mention this, I’ve also noticed largely visual similarities between the peyote purples and various lebanese I’ve planted as well. The pp fall colours and shape of the calyxes instantly reminded me of certain phenotypic expressions I got from Bluehemps lebanese, those crowning, sharp, pointed calyxes that are sometimes reminiscent of exotic sativa’s like thai or haze, instead forming a small rock hard crown that are more in line with traditional afghani’s. There’s gotta be some afghan in the bubba’s though, the peyote’s have enormous stretch still, but stay squatter, generally have fatter, thicker and glossier leaves, are more oily, have different trichome structures and are just better tasting overall. Although that’s just my personal experience and preferences speaking, I’ve seen lot’s of people disagree on the taste, again something they might have in common with the lebanese.

By the way, some have probably been posted already, but if you look at those couple of youtube vids on lebanese hashish farming, it looks like that genepool of theirs has remained largely the same. You can tell all those various lebanese lines offered throughout the years from different seedbanks all have some kind of common ancestor, they all kinda look like the plants portrayed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJf2AXMVAOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTM6siUyTzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcQ8hsKhrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ctYJ5y2I4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v2tLrDNOc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRlK27z6tA

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
MJPassion, I have really enjoyed this thread. What a great read, thank you. I have the same interests you expressed. I picked up a couple packs from Ace recently. As BlowMonkey surmised about the Peyote Purple. That is one of the crosses I have planned. I'm going to add about 8 more strains and do an open pollination with a Lebanese male. As I do like the early flowering start of these genetics. It appears to be a good producer for a landrace strain. I'm curious to see what phenotypes are passed in an f1 crossing. I have not produced seeds yet I'm my greenhouse. I will see how well they mature this next season. I thank you all for your input and thoughts expressed in the thread here. I wish you all the best in your grows. Peace

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
will spend my last 20 original Seeds from BLueHemps Lebanese for a reproduction this year and hope for a nice outcome!

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
will spend my last 20 original Seeds from BLueHemps Lebanese for a reproduction this year and hope for a nice outcome!

sadly non of those 20 seeds sprouted... some cracked the nutes and had a black tail, didn't grow any more so i figure they dead :(

Popey

Veteran
Funny you mention this, I’ve also noticed largely visual similarities between the peyote purples and various lebanese I’ve planted as well. The pp fall colours and shape of the calyxes instantly reminded me of certain phenotypic expressions I got from Bluehemps lebanese, those crowning, sharp, pointed calyxes that are sometimes reminiscent of exotic sativa’s like thai or haze, instead forming a small rock hard crown that are more in line with traditional afghani’s.

Just as this?

leb.jpg

This is my lebanese, if I remember correctly, from bluehemp

Popey

Veteran
@Lebanizer

Hi. I don't know, it's not a current grow. It took place a few years ago.

I bought these seeds many years ago. In addition, these seeds were already old. The result was that only one seed sprouted from the whole package. It was the plant in the photo. I made S1. Yesterday I started sprouting the Lebanese S1 and the crosses I made then because I missed it haha

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
I will let you know :)

In short: Lebanese is an extremely early strain (for me on 49N already in the first decade of September), unfortunately with a medium strength.