What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feminized seed growers (check this out)

MariJuanita

ICMag Donor
I agree there are situations where selfing a female for feminized seed is justified - But I personally won't pay $10 or more per seed for s1... UNLESS I see it's from a very WELL established breeder with some YEARS worth of good reputation from an equally established customer base.

There are just too many new bean sellers calling themselves breeders showing up on the scene offering 5/packs of S1s for 3 bills or more (100 dollars or more) with NO history of good rep to justify that.

It takes no labor of time or great skill to reverse a female cannabis plant.

I personally will pay the MOST for reg seeds.

I purchased a 5 pack of CSG's GDP S1 from another seedbank when they first were released. Out of the 5 GDP seeds, only 2 remained female. That's like... paying $50 per seed.

Those 5 GDP seeds were germed and grown side by side with 5 Ghost OG S1s and 5 Bubba Kush (katsu cut) S1s. The OG and Bubba plants remained female.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Huh, only 2 of the 5 remained female? Please elaborate and show any pics to back your claims.....as yet these fems have not had any reports of problems let alone males. As a matter of fact the reports have been splendid so to say i am shocked at your comments is an understatement.
Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
huh
i see you post recently that you got 2 packs on hammerheads thread not 1 ? and didnt see you talking about finiding males
so in the last 7 days you have found these males
you got any pics of the males you talking about,like true said first we heard of males?

peace

MariJuanita

ICMag Donor
I DID buy two packs of your GDP - from that 'other' site.

I purchased one pack for my own project, and the other pack for an OMMP card holder to grow along with the Ghost OG and Bubba (which I also purchased for her grow).

This WAS just her 3rd grow in a new grow area she had professionally constructed. We worked with her throughout her first two 'test' grows to help break in and fine tune her grow area and refresh her skills. And for this 3rd grow, I met with her every 3rd day to discuss and checked in on the grow.

She most surely took some photos of the 3rd grow. I'll see if she has any to show the GDP males, before they were removed.

I CAN say that her harvest from the 3rd grow turned out super top shelf medicine across all three varieties -- The medicinal quality of the GDP is perfect for her. She just wanted MORE of it.

I'll be popping the other 5-pack here shortly as it is the basis for my 'purple project'... I will be documenting this project all to hell so there will be plenty of photos and vids to come.

added: I just reread your post above. To be clear, the grow in question was FINISHED and harvested well over a month ago. She's got a new grow just flipped into 12/12 last weekend going now. So the GDP males were discovered some months ago, not 7 days ago.

When I start my pack, I will be taking cuttings and she will get some clones to run. We'll see if it goes better in her room this time.

Last edited:

jayd

if your into making seeds why the hell didnt you take the 2 GDP males from her and keep them yourself to breed with?

CurbsideService

Im not a huge fem seeds fan, but i have really enjoyed seeing some cool new fem crosses and elites turned s1s. I hope to see more in future!

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if anyone else finds a GDP male in the S1's i would like to know because not only is it a big issue from our perspective but it would also be an amazing find as far as breeding a regular GDP line.
Peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the cross I made using CSG GDP s1. She was a green Pheno that I crossed with a Querkle male. These buds are drying now. Smells like GDP...Theres some very nice color in this cross...

picture.php

trickey mickey

thanks for the info dude.... my first crop shit the bed (outdoors) here in the dirty south . took some bad advice from a friend. i'm just a novice trying to get a small crop going so i can clone

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up guys... I'm looking into running some Connoisseur Genetics gear outdoors next year. Considering on grabbing a pack or two of feminized seeds.

Which strain do you guys recommend for outdoors? Something that will be able to resist mold and finish early to avoid the frost!

Thanks in advance!

Peace!

whiteberrieS

Veteran
hi all

this is a warning that whenever growing feminized seed there is a chance that ocasionaly a male flower shows it self, especialy if your room is not dialed ie lights leaks,overfert ,high temps

our feminized seed have been made using collidial silver and are as good as any seedbank fems out there but shit can happen with fems so keep an eye on your ladies and get them jars ready for some sticky icky

fems are not for everyone but there is some amazing things you can do with fems such as cross clone only elites which we will be focusing on in 2012 aswell as our usual male/female lines

they also work out very good for small time gardeners who dont have rooms for mothers etc

peace

STS is far more hermy prone....Paradise' fems will make bananas all over if you take em too long. Veg em too long in their cups and kiss that crop goodbye...salvage weed sucks.

So good thing you got the silver :biggrin: S1 truecannabliss's triangle please :tiphat:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have read a few inaccurate evaluations in this thread, If anyone wants any information concerning feminised seeds I'm happy to help