What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busy Bee's....are they on your weed?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
Yes
picture.php

shithawk420

Veteran
As a certified beekeeper, I find this interesting but this is impractical. the honey won't get you high or anything as the pollen comes from male flowers but the taste would definitely be unique. I can't imagine most people would prefer it.I'm going to assume that most people don't know that depending on the flower and pollen creates a different taste and texture.anyway this is cool nonetheless. I'll have to bring this up with my fellow beekeepers.

corky1968

Veteran
I could use some trained bees to protect outdoor cannabis crops.

Imagine somebody being attacking by THC loving bees going into withdrawal. :biggrin:

I wish I could be a beekeeper. I spent weeks reading about that hobby and queen making,etc.
Pretty cool stuff and we certainly need more bee keepers around the World now more than ever.

The kind of bee that interests me is the nice Carnolian Bee or Carnica as they are also called.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniolan_honey_bee

Look how nice and fuzzy they are.

220px-Apis_mellifera_carnica_worker_hive_entrance_3.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
While I love that thought corky, most domestic bees are docile and do not sting you unless you really wanna fuck with them and go for the queen right in the middle of them.of the years ive been a beekeeper I've never used a suit or a smoker and never got stung until an idiot I knew had an apiary in the middle of 10°f winter wanted me to see if they were alive.I knew there was a good chance they were alive but I was drunk and cold and just wanted to get the fuck in and out.

Well it was so stuck with propulous and ice I used a typical pry bar most keepers used and opened them supers up and literary poked the bees nest.well I didn't poke it but you get the gist.these fuckers were so mad they were literary dieing and stinging me to save there queen like African bees.if I was allergic I'd be dead.anyway that's the only time I got stung and it was from me being stupid.its actually pretty rare to be stung from honey bees.I would love to talk more if anyone is interested i will explain how modern honey bees came to be genetically

shithawk420

Veteran
Aww hell I'll explain it just because I'm bored.an Italian monk in 1850 I wanna say raised them and bred them, he knew his Italian bees were superior to English black honeybees because they were more adaptive to colder weather and were more docile, making them more suitable for breeding purposes which is why pretty much all modern honey bees have mostly all Italian genes.at least that's what my memory is telling me.I know I'm mostly right.its been awhile.I know there's more to it but can't remember at the moment.but what's VERY cool is that bees have been breed like flowers and plants.think of Mendeleev. I'm sure I'll remember more.kinda tired right now.hope I could give someone some cool info.I'm sure I got more

corky1968

Veteran
This is a cool site about bees.

Links to Beekeeping Subjects, Methods and Techniques

The weird thing about bees is that you cross two races the F1 generation
are fine It's the F2 to maybe the F6 that are crazy.

F2 Aggression in Honey Bees

I downloaded all kinds of PDF,and videos on the subject.
It would be cool to try it one day.

Beesource Beekeeping Forum is a great site to learn more on Bee Keeping.

Other than stupid chemical sprays. I think one thing affecting lots of bees
is the industry of pollination that send bees all across the country. That's
one hell of a disease vector when things go bad.

I wouldn't mind even making some log hives and hiding them on Government
land to create a native bee population far away from residential areas.

Locally adapted bees are the best if you can get them.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
There's a huge nest close to me..they get lot of their water from my birdbath....so much the birds rarely use it anymore..can be over 50 bees at it at any time...I like bees always wanted to take that course from a local place here....yeehaw..my friend stings himself with them as a help for arthritis ithink it is...yeehaw

shithawk420

Veteran
I took a course and they give you discount's for everything you need to get started but your still spending 400 bucks and your bees have a good chance of swarming so it's a gamble